+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Education & Job Mismatch

JKCONSULT

Nov 21, 2020
could you please clear the 2 & 3 rd point.

My ECA says BSS & MSS in Sociology I have a PGD in IT on 2016.

in fact I applied for that job when I was on the final yr of my BSS as it asked only for 12 grade + Computer skil. in the mean time I passed the exam and joined the job and with one promotion still continuing...
Hello Roy, my relative has exactly the same case as yours, would you please shed light on your findings ? she has 6 years as NOC - 1241 Admin Assistant + previous clerical experience, but she holds Bsc in computer science .

please share your experience . thank you very much ,,

Regards,
JK

Dakinduro

Aug 3, 2019
Hello All. I studied biochemistry but have experience in Hr. Obviously they don't match but I have now completed my MBA and have an ECA.

1. Can this fly?
2. If yes to question 1, will i still be able to claim all 10 points, given that I just recently concluded my MBA?

Please assist to clarify

agapeerewajua

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hello All. I studied biochemistry but have experience in Hr. Obviously they don't match but I have now completed my MBA and have an ECA.

1. Can this fly?
2. If yes to question 1, will i still be able to claim all 10 points, given that I just recently concluded my MBA?

Please assist to clarify
What is your NOC? Your work experience must match your education and it must be in line with the lead statement of your NOC duties and responsibilities. Example: an electrical repairer cannot claim work experience if he has worked as electrical maitenance and repairs staff, even though he has so worked, but in the corporate organisation because the LEAD STATEMENT provided a list of establishements where he is expected to have work experience.

Note: I share this from experience. I friend recieved inelligible from SINP for this. was SINP harsh? NO, I do not think so, but my friend was not adequateley informed and that was why. SINP was RIGHT. So I know what I am saying here.

However, in your OWN case, provide your NOC, or go through the list on CIC portal and check the lead statement and in addition be sure your education matches your work experience.

I hope this helps.

Play safe.

Dakinduro

Aug 3, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I am choosing NOC 1121. I have 11 years experience in this NOC. Apart from my MBA, I had a professional certificate in marketing in 2011. I also started a professional qualification in my hr related field in 2013 but im yet to complete it. Not sure if these other ones are relevant so I'm afraid to waste money on WES for the marketing

Thanks for the anticipated guidance.

agapeerewajua

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I am choosing NOC 1121. I have 11 years experience in this NOC. Apart from my MBA, I had a professional certificate in marketing in 2011. I also started a professional qualification in my hr related field in 2013 but im yet to complete it. Not sure if these other ones are relevant so I'm afraid to waste money on WES for the marketing

Thanks for the anticipated guidance.
Have you received ITA from SINP? If you have, good!.

SINP will require WES for relevant degrees/ diploma obtained to any level of education for which you have claimed points or going to claim points. Very important! In addition to this, you will show transcripts for the same.

In my own case, I did an easy conversation of ECA document by document to course by course to save additional expenses and time on collection of transcripts from schools.

Note: only relevant degrees obtained there is no point wasting money because you will still need to spend money very well,

Please find out if your degree obtained is relevant to the occupation you have experience in. I think MBA should, but still find out. I hope this helps.
Please ask what you don’t know.

Silver_charm

Jun 8, 2023
Have you received ITA from SINP? If you have, good!.

SINP will require WES for relevant degrees/ diploma obtained to any level of education for which you have claimed points or going to claim points. Very important! In addition to this, you will show transcripts for the same.

In my own case, I did an easy conversation of ECA document by document to course by course to save additional expenses and time on collection of transcripts from schools.

Note: only relevant degrees obtained there is no point wasting money because you will still need to spend money very well,

Please find out if your degree obtained is relevant to the occupation you have experience in. I think MBA should, but still find out. I hope this helps.
Please ask what you don’t know.
Hey just a query about the course by course evaluation by WES.. Do they also give the applicant a copy of the transcript that WES received from the university? I ask because I got my ECA verified but didn't receive/keep a copy of my transcripts myself(totally my oversight). And I need it for the SINP program, And the process of obtaining my transcripts from my uni is becoming tedious.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey just a query about the course by course evaluation by WES.. Do they also give the applicant a copy of the transcript that WES received from the university? I ask because I got my ECA verified but didn't receive/keep a copy of my transcripts myself(totally my oversight). And I need it for the SINP program, And the process of obtaining my transcripts from my uni is becoming tedious.
Sorry not the OP but the Uni send the docs to WES only. One does not receive anything from Uni since you had the docs before hand when you graduated. WES only sends you the evaluation report at the time.