+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Education & Job Mismatch

RoyRajorshi

Nov 15, 2019
I worked as a Data Operator for 3 years (NOC-1422). Still working in the same office. Now a days my duties and responsibilities matched with the NOC -1241. But my Bachelor in on Social Science (ECA done). According to IRRCC site I don’t have any certification for the NOC -1241 but the previous experience on clerical job.
I have all documents ready but in SINP site they are asking to match profession with educational background. WHICH I DON’T HAVE.
So in this situation what can be done? Would they approve my application or not? Would they count the experience of clerical job for the Administrative Assistance?
I have 81 point in SINP.

Please have a look on the pictures.

https://ibb.co/stS1Ckh

https://ibb.co/DpT6r1f

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
I worked as a Data Operator for 3 years (NOC-1422). Still working in the same office. Now a days my duties and responsibilities matched with the NOC -1241. But my Bachelor in on Social Science (ECA done). According to IRRCC site I don’t have any certification for the NOC -1241 but the previous experience on clerical job.
I have all documents ready but in SINP site they are asking to match profession with educational background. WHICH I DON’T HAVE.
So in this situation what can be done? Would they approve my application or not? Would they count the experience of clerical job for the Administrative Assistance?
I have 81 point in SINP.

There are high chances that your previous clerical experience will be accepted for your administrative assistant job. But ensure that you have proper roles and responsibilities letter obtained on both job roles.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
I have 81 point in SINP.

Yes , you can.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/noc-1241-1452-struggling.543889/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/noc-code-query-1221-or-1241.569976/

Roy Rajorshi

Nov 15, 2019
ashuindian
thanks for your link.

I read all but not clear enough.

Can you answer this please?

My question are....

1. Would SINP count the experience of clerical job for the Administrative Assistance? (as I dont have any diploma for administrative assistant)

2. Would SINP count the my education mismatch for NOC 1241 as I have BSS & MSS on SOCIOLOGY?

3. In case of mismatch what if I dont claim point for my degree just put them on personal history?

PLEASE HELP....

agapeerewajua

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
I have 81 point in SINP.

SINP will not approve of your application if your work experience does not match your education. There is no sentiment about it. It is clearly stated on thier website as a procedure to follow. However, if you have eca result that matches your work exp. then I congratulate you.

Reactions: ArGo

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
ashuindian
thanks for your link.

My question are....

1. Would SINP count the experience of clerical job for the Administrative Assistance? (as I dont have any diploma for administrative assistant)

2. Would SINP count the my education mismatch for NOC 1241 as I have BSS & MSS on SOCIOLOGY?

3. In case of mismatch what if I dont claim point for my degree just put them on personal history?

PLEASE HELP....
1. Most probably. Because it is mentioned in their Employment Requirement section.
2. May be
3. Yes. If your ECA showing Masters Degree then you will get 23 points.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
ashuindian
thanks for your link.

My question are....

PLEASE HELP....
In addition, you can apply for Nova Scotia demand EE category B. This NOC is in their Demand list.This is a without job offer category.
https://www.canadavisa.com/eligibility-requirements-for-the-nova-scotia-nominee-program-nsnp.html#gs.ix773n

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry-category-b-lets-connect-here.515822/unread

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Rajorshi

Roy Rajorshi

Nov 15, 2019
There are high chances that your previous clerical experience will be accepted for your administrative assistant job. But ensure that you have proper roles and responsibilities letter obtained on both job roles.
Thanks for your replay..

My question are....

in fact I applied for that job when I was on the final yr of my BSS as it asked only for 12 grade + Computer skil. in the mean time I passed the exam and joined the job and with one promotion still continuing...

PLEASE HELP....

Roy Rajorshi

Nov 15, 2019
SINP will not approve of your application if your work experience does not match your education. There is no sentiment about it. It is clearly stated on thier website as a procedure to follow. However, if you have eca result that matches your work exp. then I congratulate you.
Thanks for your replay. Just finding some hope for my current situation.

My question are....

in fact I applied for that job when I was on the final yr of my BSS as it asked only for 12 grade + Computer skil. in the mean time I passed the exam and joined the job and with one promotion still continuing...

PLEASE HELP....

Roy Rajorshi

Nov 15, 2019

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
Thanks for your replay..

My question are....

PLEASE HELP....
I agree with ashuindian's response for the above queries.

Roy Rajorshi

Nov 15, 2019
1. Most probably. Because it is mentioned in their Employment Requirement section.
2. May be
3. Yes. If your ECA showing Masters Degree then you will get 23 points.
could you please clear the 2 & 3 rd point.

My ECA says BSS & MSS in Sociology I have a PGD in IT on 2016.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
could you please clear the 2 & 3 rd point.

My ECA says BSS & MSS in Sociology I have a PGD in IT on 2016.

Get en Experience Certificate/ On Job Training certificate related to your old Clerical work , on Company Letter head, details of duties and responsibilities, signed and stamped by 2 Company Officials with contact details.
And apply with that for SINP NOC 1241. Because it is clearly mentioned in their Employment requirement section. SINP is the best option for you. What is the harm in trying.
Nova Scotia PNP is very typical type, generally they update their Demand occupation list at the time of Intake opening and remove any NOC.

Last edited:

jagz_k

Feb 12, 2020
**Seeking advice**

I have experience in NOC 2281 - Computer Network Technician, Education - Engineering in Information Technology/Computer Science, and MBA in Project Management. ECA only done for Masters, But transcript available for Bachelors. Can I select Masters in education for SINP EOI? If yes, Will this cause an issue if I get an NOI?

PS: I have already initiated process for Bachelor's ECA.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
**Seeking advice**

I have experience in NOC 2281 - Computer Network Technician, Education - Engineering in Information Technology/Computer Science, and MBA in Project Management. ECA only done for Masters, But transcript available for Bachelors. Can I select Masters in education for SINP EOI? If yes, Will this cause an issue if I get an NOI?

PS: I have already initiated process for Bachelor's ECA.
No problem. You are eligible for 23 Educa3points.