+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP as a student (Saskatchewan)

Crish

Feb 22, 2014
Hi,
I am planning to do 1 year graduate or post grad course in Saskatchewan. After several reviews of the information and the comments here, I am in serious doubt whether I have to opt for one year or two year course as the 1 year post grad work permit will not be enough to finalise the SINP process for the PR. Also I found in some posts that there is a recent change in terms of applying for the family (spouse and a child)after getting PR through this stream. We can't apply for more than one person, is it true? Is it easier to find the permanet job offer in Saskatchewan for the SINP application?
Please suggest me if you have any knowledge.
Thanking you in advance.

priyahyd

Nov 18, 2014
Saskatchewan is the only province which has easy PNP rules for students. One year of studies lead to PNP approval leading to PR. Though, it is too cold there.

Crish

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you priyahyd,
I would appreciate your information, at the same time I would be grateful if you can clarify me if they have limited the numbers of family members that can be brought here after getting the PR through SINP as a student.
So far as I know, we should have a permanent full time job offer (NOC O,A,B or C level) to be eligible for the SINP after doing 1 year graduation. Is it easier to get such job offer istantly, I mean without wasting time as the time limit of post grad work permit would be quite shorter which may be expired before finalising the PR process.
What happens if the PR process would go beyond the Post grad work permit?
Pls. clarify me about this issue if someone knows about it.

Salute

gokilvnair

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyahyd said:
Saskatchewan is the only province which has easy PNP rules for students. One year of studies lead to PNP approval leading to PR. Though, it is too cold there.
Will i be able to do further studies after completion of 1 year course in Toronto or London?
and do you think it's going to be difficult for me to get PR if i do one year PG Diploma in those places?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Crish said:
Thank you priyahyd,
I would appreciate your information, at the same time I would be grateful if you can clarify me if they have limited the numbers of family members that can be brought here after getting the PR through SINP as a student.
So far as I know, we should have a permanent full time job offer (NOC O,A,B or C level) to be eligible for the SINP after doing 1 year graduation. Is it easier to get such job offer istantly, I mean without wasting time as the time limit of post grad work permit would be quite shorter which may be expired before finalising the PR process.
What happens if the PR process would go beyond the Post grad work permit?
Pls. clarify me about this issue if someone knows about it.

Salute
1 year diploma will get you 1 year post grad work permit and within that time period you need to find a job which is either in NOC 0, A, B or C and ensure the employer will be able to provide you with a job letter as well. The chances of finding this kind of employer is your luck as well as the requirements as well. Saskatchewan has the lowest unemployment rate but also remember it is one of the smallest provinces in the country. It has 2 cities, Regina and Saskatoon, both combined are like 400,000 people.

Let's say you land a job before you graduate and start working instantly at getting the work permit, you are eligible after 6 months. Then you can apply for the SINP and it takes 2-3 months to get it. Once you get that certificate you can apply for a bridging work permit ( a permit which is given while the PR is in process). That should ensure until a decision has been made on your PR you have a work permit.

Crish

Feb 22, 2014
Dear Sharuu,
Thank you very much for your efforts to clarify the topic. It's praiseworthy. I would like to request you to review and comment on the following general estiamtion of my analysis.
Let's consider I am doing a post graduate diploma of 8 months from any college in Sask. I think we can work for 20 hours a week while studying full time and this experience will also be countable to sum the working experience of 6 months or 960 hours for being eligible to apply for the SINP. Let's say, I worked roughly for 80 hours/month resulting not less than 600 hours (approximately) of work exprience during my 8 months of study. After the completion of my study, I would apply for the post grad work permit. I am not sure how long it takes to get this work permit. Now I have to work for 2 months full time so that I can have the experience of 960 hours or 6 months to be eligible for the SINP application. If all this is true, then I have still 6 months left of post grad work permit to finalise the process of SINP. I think 6 months will be pretty enough to conclude this process towards the PR. So I don't find any risk of doing 8 months of diploma unless we will be able to find the right job in right time.
So what's the worth to spend another 12K of amount for two year course?
Pls comment on this issue if someone has some ideas.
Finally, can a PR holder through SINP as a student can sponsor his wife and a child to live with him in Saskatchewan?

Salute

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Crish said:
Dear Sharuu,
Thank you very much for your efforts to clarify the topic. It's praiseworthy. I would like to request you to review and comment on the following general estiamtion of my analysis.
Let's consider I am doing a post graduate diploma of 8 months from any college in Sask. I think we can work for 20 hours a week while studying full time and this experience will also be countable to sum the working experience of 6 months or 960 hours for being eligible to apply for the SINP. Let's say, I worked roughly for 80 hours/month resulting not less than 600 hours (approximately) of work exprience during my 8 months of study. After the completion of my study, I would apply for the post grad work permit. I am not sure how long it takes to get this work permit. Now I have to work for 2 months full time so that I can have the experience of 960 hours or 6 months to be eligible for the SINP application. If all this is true, then I have still 6 months left of post grad work permit to finalise the process of SINP. I think 6 months will be pretty enough to conclude this process towards the PR. So I don't find any risk of doing 8 months of diploma unless we will be able to find the right job in right time.
So what's the worth to spend another 12K of amount for two year course?
Pls comment on this issue if someone has some ideas.
Finally, can a PR holder through SINP as a student can sponsor his wife and a child to live with him in Saskatchewan?

Salute
Firstly, when you apply for your PNP you can include your wife within the nomination and both of you can become PR simultaneously. Secondly, those 20 hours work should be under the NOC codes and if you think you can get the hours as required then go for it.

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Hi
I have completed my studies in nursing from Ontario. i have open work permit with me.
Now i got a job in the hotel as a front desk reception in Saskatchewan.
I am confuse if i am eligible for SINP or not.
please help in this
thank you

Ajay. Goyal

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
This is very confusing. I am doing CCA in saskatoon ( First Semester completed) and doing job of a cashier at walmart.

Should I apply for work permit after completion of 8 months course or take admission in anyother programme to complete two years study.