+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP APPLICATION - UNDER VISIT VISA STATUS

Klzsons

Mar 9, 2024
Hello Everyone, I have questions regarding the SINP. I hope you can help me. APPRECIATE you all!!

We just moved here in Regina together with my husband and 3 kids (minor). We are from the Philippines and we are on a visit visa. Luckily, my husband found an employer here in Regina who is willing to give him SINP. Right now, the employer is still processing the COR which will take 10 days to come out. My questions are:

1. Is it really possible that my husband can get the SINP from his employer even if we are on a visit visa?

2. How many days/months is the process for us to get a status?

3. If he gets approved, what will be my status and my children's status?

Please enlighten me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone, I have questions regarding the SINP. I hope you can help me. APPRECIATE you all!!

We just moved here in Regina together with my husband and 3 kids (minor). We are from the Philippines and we are on a visit visa. Luckily, my husband found an employer here in Regina who is willing to give him SINP. Right now, the employer is still processing the COR which will take 10 days to come out. My questions are:

1. Is it really possible that my husband can get the SINP from his employer even if we are on a visit visa?

2. How many days/months is the process for us to get a status?

3. If he gets approved, what will be my status and my children's status?

Please enlighten me.
What SINP program? COR is only the first step. Once employer has COR, then needs to be approved for JAL. Then he applies for PR. The overall process can take well over a year. So employer needs to know that he may not start working for a long time.

1. If eligible for the SINP program and get nominated. Assume have ECA, IELTS etc. to apply.
2. Depends on SINP program and IRCC processing. You can check online.
3. You are part of the PR process so will be PR when approved.

Make sure you have health insurance for the next year. Children cannot go to school.

Klzsons

Mar 9, 2024
What SINP program? COR is only the first step. Once employer has COR, then needs to be approved for JAL. Then he applies for PR. The overall process can take well over a year. So employer needs to know that he may not start working for a long time.

1. If eligible for the SINP program and get nominated. Assume have ECA, IELTS etc. to apply.

Make sure you have health insurance for the next year. Children cannot go to school.

Hello,

- He already passes the CELPIP. we are still waiting for other documents that need to be submitted.

-International Skilled Worker - Employment Offer

- As his spouse, Do I need to wait for the PR to get approved before I can find a job?

- What do you mean by this? I hope you can elaborate. Appreciate your help!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

- He already passes the CELPIP. we are still waiting for other documents that need to be submitted.

-International Skilled Worker - Employment Offer

- As his spouse, Do I need to wait for the PR to get approved before I can find a job?

- What do you mean by this? I hope you can elaborate. Appreciate your help!!
What is the NOC? How many years experience does he have in the NOC? How many points does he have once he has the JAL? How many SINP points does he have? is his NOC and score selected.

1. So he cannot submit without JAL, ECA and then be nominated. Check draws and processing times.
2. Check processing for JAL, Nomination after selection, and IRCC processsing times.
3. Yes. You don’t have a work permit nor do you children have study permits. You don’t access health, education or social services until PR.

Last edited:

Klzsons

Mar 9, 2024
What is the NOC? How many years experience does he have in the NOC? How many points does he have once he has the JAL? How many SINP points does he have? is his NOC and score selected.

1. So he cannot submit without JAL, ECA and then be nominated. Check draws and processing times.
2. Check processing for JAL, Nomination after selection, and IRCC processsing times.
3. Yes. You don’t have a work permit nor do you children have study permits. You don’t access health, education or social services until PR.

I will check on this. Okay so you mean since we are on a visit visa we need to get insurance, right? i thought what you mean is if i will not get insurance my children can't go to school.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will check on this. Okay so you mean since we are on a visit visa we need to get insurance, right? i thought what you mean is if i will not get insurance my children can't go to school.
Do you have health insurance that you purchased? If something happens and you have a medical emergency then you pay out of pocket. Your children cannot go to school until PR unless you pay international fees ($25K per child) and get a study permit.

Klzsons

Mar 9, 2024
Do you have health insurance that you purchased? If something happens and you have a medical emergency then you pay out of pocket. Your children cannot go to school until PR unless you pay international fees ($25K per child) and get a study permit.
Yes, we have insurance. So, the best thing to do is to wait for the PR. Thank you so much!