+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Application: Help on NOC

Patawla0915

Oct 18, 2019
Hi all,

I just got an invitation to apply SINP under EE. The NOC that I indicated in my EOI is 2171. My Express Entry Profile says 2171 as well.

I have not submitted my application to SINP yet as I have a dilemma. I've been doing 2171 duties (analyst) along with 0213 (manager) tasks in my current role. I've been with my company for 15 years old and most of the things I do now are under 0213 (though I still do 2171 stuff).

I looked at the NOC description for 2171 and it says the below.

Exclusions
and

Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
I do not have a degree in computer science (my degree is in Business Economics) and my title has "Manager" in it.

Now I am confused...

1) should I decline the invitation to apply, edit my EE profile and just open a new application this time with a 0213 NOC? Or should I still pursue this application with NOC 2171 even if majority of the work I am doing now is under 0213?
2) What is the impact if someone declines the ITA? Does that lessen your chance to get an ITA again?
3) If I edit my Express Entry Profile NOC to 0213 then apply to SINP with a 0213 NOC l knowing that what I put in my EOI is 2171, will I encounter issues later on?

Please advise.

Last edited:

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I just got an invitation to apply SINP under EE. The NOC that I indicated in my EOI is 2171. My Express Entry Profile says 2171 as well.

I have not submitted my application to SINP yet as I have a dilemma. I've been doing 2171 duties (analyst) along with 0213 (manager) tasks in my current role. I've been with my company for 15 years old and most of the things I do now are under 0213 (though I still do 2171 stuff).

Exclusions
and

Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
I do not have a degree in computer science (my degree is in Business Economics) and my title has "Manager" in it.

Now I am confused...

1) should I decline the invitation to apply, edit my EE profile and just open a new application this time with a 0213 NOC? Or should I still pursue this application with NOC 2171 even if majority of the work I am doing now is under 0213?
2) What is the impact if someone declines the ITA? Does that lessen your chance to get an ITA again?
3) If I edit my Express Entry Profile NOC to 0213 then apply to SINP with a 0213 NOC l knowing that what I put in my EOI is 2171, will I encounter issues later on?

Please advise.
If you are able to receive a reference letter with RnR related to 2171 from your employers, then you can go ahead and apply. If your employers, were able to provide RnR closely related to 0213, then you can decline the ITA and re-create EOI with 0213.

In your case, you are declining the ITA and creating a new EOI and not utilizing the same EOI for another draw, so I dont think there will be an issue. This would be better solution.

When you received your ITA for 2171 and applying for 0213 may lead to rejection if found guilty. Dont try this, we may not know what will be the impact.

Lavish198

Apr 7, 2019
Hi all,

Exclusions
and

Employment requirements

Now I am confused...

Please advise.
Hi,

What did you do then ? what NOC did you choose i have same confusion between NOC 1122 and 0125 because 1122 is for Analyst and Consultants but 0125 is for Managers. But i have only been Manager for around 2 years, now while creating EOI if i mention my NOC as 0125, then should i only claim 2 years of Exp ?

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Exclusions
and

Employment requirements

Now I am confused...

Please advise.
What did you decide and how did it go ?