+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP APPLICANTS MAY-2016

Brij311

Jun 14, 2016
Good Star said:
Seniors & Experts,

01. I applied in FSWP-2014 using NOC-0112 (HR Manager). I got full points in job experience as shown 8+ years service length. Unfortunately my application was refused for not matching job description. However, my NOC has been changed from January-2016 and now working in same organization as Purchasing/Store Officer (NOC- 0113 or 1225). So I would like to apply in SINP-OID with this new NOC-1225. Can I apply in new NOC i.e. as Purchasing Manager?????? Will there be any problem as I have been shifted/Transferred from HR Manager to Purchasing Manager in same organization ???????????

02. If i can apply in new NOC, how many point I can claim for experience??? Previous experience was in HR and new experience in Purchasing Manager i.e. total about 10 years job experience. So HR job duration/timing to be counted to claim full points in Job experience or I have to count only Puschase Manager Experience of last 01 year??????

03. In Education requirement, they asked for Bachelor degree of at least 03 years of full time study in University for 20 points. I have done my ECA. My Bachelor degree was 02 years and WES considered it as 02 years diploma, one the other hand My MBA degree was 02 years and WES considered it as 03 years of Bachelor degree.

So can I claim 20 points from Education based on ECA report?????????
First, Purchasing Manager is excluded from the NoC 1225.
Second, You can claim points of only those years of experience you have for the mentioned NOC
Third, if WES has considered your education as equivalent to 03 years of bachelor degree then you will get 20 points only.

In my opinion, as a Purchasing manager you do not qualify. You can check the CIC website for criteria falling under this category.

Refer below
1225 - Purchasing agents and officers

Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.

Illustrative example(s)
contract management officer
contracts officer
energy asset surface land analyst
materiel management officer
procurement officer
purchaser, furniture and furnishings
purchasing agent
supply officer, government

All examples

Exclusion(s)
Purchasing and inventory control workers (1524)
Purchasing managers (0113)
Retail and wholesale buyers (6222)

Main duties

Purchasing agents and officers perform some or all of the following duties:
Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
Negotiate land acquisition or access rights for public or private use, and may conduct field investigations of properties
May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.

Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
Purchasing agents and officers purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related university degree or college diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasers of industrial products.
A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) may be required.
Previous experience as a purchasing clerk or as an administrative clerk may be required.
Certification from the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) may be required.

Additional information
Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.

Brij311

Jun 14, 2016
fahad04 said:
Dear all, It's definite that processing time for EE is far less that OID. So, if anyone is eligible for EE stream, why he would go for OID?

Is there any specific reason I am missing?

Thanks
I was informed by some experience people that in EE applicant doesnt get enough time to respond CIC queries where as in OID applicant gets min 45 days to respond their queries.

Brij311

Jun 14, 2016
ggirl said:
You can try in other not to miss this intake. I did the same for the May EE intake. I sent my bank statements and transcript within two days and called a few days later to confirm if they received them, I was told they had received them and they have been added to my application. When my application went to in process they uploaded my bank statement. So no harm in trying. Good luck!
I agree with ggirl. you should submit your application as soon as possible and can submit documents later also via email. There is no harm in it. Also, if you have mark sheets then just scan them and upload it. you are not required to submit transcripts.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am re-posting my question on NOC used in application, this is very critical piece to consider as I see Good Star has also posted that his/her PR was refused because of job description not matching NOC.

I have read similar post in other thread that a person got nominated by Ontario for 2171 and then CIC rejected PR saying jobs and responsibilities does not match 2171.

I have attached list of roles and duties provided by my employer with SINP application. Would SINP go through it and assess whether they are aligned with the NOC I have opted for or not before issuing nomination.

Hope SINP does it dilligence before issuing nomination, it's better than being rejected by CIC after six months.

Can there be two different assessments by SINP and then CIC?

Please share your knowledge and understanding regarding the process SINP would follow for NOC assessment and CIC's take on it.

Brij311

Jun 14, 2016
kamy said:
Hi All,

I am re-posting my question on NOC used in application, this is very critical piece to consider as I see Good Star has also posted that his/her PR was refused because of job description not matching NOC.

I have read similar post in other thread that a person got nominated by Ontario for 2171 and then CIC rejected PR saying jobs and responsibilities does not match 2171.

I have attached list of roles and duties provided by my employer with SINP application. Would SINP go through it and assess whether they are aligned with the NOC I have opted for or not before issuing nomination.

Hope SINP does it dilligence before issuing nomination, it's better than being rejected by CIC after six months.

Can there be two different assessments by SINP and then CIC?

Please share your knowledge and understanding regarding the process SINP would follow for NOC assessment and CIC's take on it.
I think it is totally dependent upon the visa officer/immigration officer. Some occupations have overlapping responsibilities and SINP officers do take care of job responsibilities but sometimes CIC officer may identify that such NOC job description is not matching. I think one should give explanation and justify that JD matches with the NOC.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Brij311 said:
I think it is totally dependent upon the visa officer/immigration officer. Some occupations have overlapping responsibilities and SINP officers do take care of job responsibilities but sometimes CIC officer may identify that such NOC job description is not matching. I think one should give explanation and justify that JD matches with the NOC.
But how can CIC do this? They don't have copies of our Job reference letters, Education record etc. We only send them Passport copies, Birth certificates, Marriage Cert. Nomination Letter, PCC.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brij311 said:
Hmm. that's too late to take a decision by CIC for job. It's certainly a flaw in their process unlike Australian PR process where you have to get your job responsibilities evaluated by controlling authority so that you apply only with the right job and there is no ambiguity.

Problem I see is you send out a note to NOC email id and they don't go through the complete list of responsibilities got from company and ask you to provide main and their assessment is doubful because I tried to send few of the tasks and they suggested Software Programmer/engineer and Multimedia developer which is insane because I have never done development. It's most of IT analysis and system design.

I heard they don't even give you chance to explain and directly reject.

tanvir_mech

Jan 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
kamy said:
Hmm. that's too late to take a decision by CIC for job. It's certainly a flaw in their process unlike Australian PR process where you have to get your job responsibilities evaluated by controlling authority so that you apply only with the right job and there is no ambiguity.

Problem I see is you send out a note to NOC email id and they don't go through the complete list of responsibilities got from company and ask you to provide main and their assessment is doubful because I tried to send few of the tasks and they suggested Software Programmer/engineer and Multimedia developer which is insane because I have never done development. It's most of IT analysis and system design.

I heard they don't even give you chance to explain and directly reject.
It seems really difficult. In that case nothing to do. :'(

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
^ I think nothing so far...

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
Seniors, at what stage of application review the POF is being checked. I am asking because my TD was matured on 10th May and re-open the same day for 1 more year, I have provided a certificate from bank mentioning my current balance and a line saying that this account was rollover on date 10th May for one more year. attached the previous TD statement till 10th May.

do you think, they will consider my case in this situation, although my app is in process for more then a month.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
mpjaved said:
Seniors, at what stage of application review the POF is being checked. I am asking because my TD was matured on 10th May and re-open the same day for 1 more year, I have provided a certificate from bank mentioning my current balance and a line saying that this account was rollover on date 10th May for one more year. attached the previous TD statement till 10th May.

do you think, they will consider my case in this situation, although my app is in process for more then a month.
Automatic rollover is not an issue at all. If manually done, I'm not sure about it.

Thanks.

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
fahad04 said:
Automatic rollover is not an issue at all. If manually done, I'm not sure about it.

Thanks.
it was manually done with increased principal amount, but on the same day. my funds in previous TD was also more then SINP requirement

webbman90

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Lagos
NOC Code......
mpjaved said:
it was manually done with increased principal amount, but on the same day. my funds in previous TD was also more then SINP requirement
If they had a problem with it they would have told you by now.