+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP applicant--entry during processing?

Jul 15, 2007
Basically, I wouldn't get into a lot of the details at first. I would say something along the lines of,

I have an application in Saskatchewan with the SINP for a welding position. I am almost 2 months into the process, they've told me it could be 3-6 months till I get an answer. My fiance in Canada really needs me there asap. She's doing ok, but there's some personal stuff going on and I'd really like to be there for her. Can anyone tell me, should or would there be a problem in me asking for a visitor visa so I could go and be with her while we wait for the SINP to finish up?

I've come up to Canada numerous times before to see her, both on one way tickets and return tickets and never had a problem. All those times I was flying. About a year and a half ago I was even issued a 6 month visitor visa at an airport and I left well before it expired. The last time I tried to come up and see her, I drove and they wouldn't let me pass. With me just getting out of the military and between jobs, and going to see a fiance in Canada...the border guard didn't like it.

If someone could please help us, she desperately needs me up there. Any suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated. ive had months to find out various ways on websites that only include more paper work, if someone has an idea about what a good course of action is to take id greatly appreciate it. thank you

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Not trying to pry, but "personal stuff" is pretty vague.

Since you can't go there yourself, can you send a family member or friend that you trust?

Can she visit you?