+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single mother immigration with two children

faizasaleem

Jun 22, 2023
Hi I'm single parent of two children,my son is of 16 years and my daughter is of 14 years age.i want to move to Canada but need a good plan to settle over there.kindly guide me the right way to complete my application and requirements.
Thank you.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi I'm single parent of two children,my son is of 16 years and my daughter is of 14 years age.i want to move to Canada but need a good plan to settle over there.kindly guide me the right way to complete my application and requirements.
Thank you.
Since you are asking under express entry forum, here's the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

Read through it and see what you need to qualify. You can also calculate your potential score by filling info here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Start there and then ask us questions. We can help better once you take that step.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@iSaidGoodDay provided you with the links. Immigration is based on your age, education (need assessed), language (English/French), work experience and funds. First you need to find out if you are even eligible with at least 67 points. Then you calculate your CRS score. As a single parent, you will need to show that you have full custody of the children with no visitation rights of the other parent, or the parent has to agree to their medicals and immigration to Canada.

faizasaleem

Jun 22, 2023
I have completed my Bacholors,than masters and at present I'm doing Mphill in Education.i have almost around 15 years of teaching experience,4 years UAE experience.my age is 43.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have completed my Bacholors,than masters and at present I'm doing Mphill in Education.i have almost around 15 years of teaching experience,4 years UAE experience.my age is 43.
So you will need to have your education assessed to Canadian equivalency. You want perfect language scores. With age you lose points. This is just to be eligible. Your CRS score may still not be high enough for an invitation. Teaching at primary and secondary levels is licensed so you cannot teach with out one. If you have your Phd then look at university positions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thank you.
Sure, I can help you with that. Here are some steps you can take to immigrate to Canada as a single parent with children:
  1. Research the different immigration programs available to single parents. There are a number of different immigration programs that you may be eligible for, depending on your skills, education, and work experience. Some of the most popular programs for single parents include:
    • Express Entry: This is a points-based system that ranks applicants based on their factors such as education, work experience, language skills, and age.
    • Family sponsorship: If you have a Canadian citizen or permanent resident relative who is willing to sponsor you, you may be able to immigrate to Canada through this program.
    • Provincial nominee programs: Some provinces offer their own immigration programs that target specific occupations or skills.
  2. Gather the required documents. The required documents will vary depending on the immigration program you are applying for. However, you will typically need to provide proof of your identity, proof of your education and work experience, and a medical examination.
  3. Submit your application. You can submit your application online or by mail. Once your application is submitted, it will be processed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  4. Attend an interview. If IRCC requests an interview, you will need to attend an interview at a Canadian visa office.
  5. Wait for a decision. It can take several months to receive a decision on your application. Once a decision is made, you will be notified by IRCC.
Here are some additional tips for immigrating to Canada as a single parent:
  • Start early. The application process can take several months, so it is important to start early.
  • Do your research. Make sure you understand the eligibility requirements for the immigration program you are applying for.
  • Gather the required documents. Make sure you have all of the required documents before you submit your application.
  • Be prepared for an interview. If IRCC requests an interview, be prepared to answer questions about your education, work experience, and why you want to come to Canada.
Once you have immigrated to Canada, you will need to make a plan for settling down. Here are some things to consider:
  • Where to live. There are many different cities and towns in Canada, so you will need to decide where you want to live. Some factors to consider include the cost of living, the job market, and the schools.
  • Finding a job. If you are not already employed, you will need to find a job in Canada. There are many different job boards and websites that you can use to search for jobs.
  • Finding a place to live. You will need to find a place to live that is affordable and suitable for your family. There are many different types of housing available in Canada, so you will need to decide what is best for you.
  • Registering your children in school. If you have children, you will need to register them in school. The school system in Canada is different from the school system in other countries, so you will need to learn about the system and how to register your children.
Immigrating to Canada can be a daunting task, but it is also an exciting opportunity. With careful planning and preparation, you can make the process as smooth as possible. I wish you all the best in your journey!

Reactions: nickgrizzly