+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single journey travel document

ayman_dayem

Jul 26, 2018
hello guys ,
I'm a little bit confused because i got a passport request and they told me to send my Pass but unfortunately it's expired. They told me that they will issue a single journey travel document and my question is do i still have to send them pass photos ? Or no need for that

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Please provide a lot more context that what you've given. Since you're posting in the family class forum, I'm assuming you're applying for a spousal sponsorship. So you're saying your passport has expired and you have received a passport request?

In general, you must provide them with what they ask, no matter whether or not you think they need it. CIC will not be issuing you a passport. They've asked for passport-sized photos.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
hello guys ,
I'm a little bit confused because i got a passport request and they told me to send my Pass but unfortunately it's expired. They told me that they will issue a single journey travel document and my question is do i still have to send them pass photos ? Or no need for that
Like the other reply, I too am a bit confused as you haven't given much information here.

In any event, you MUST have a valid passport. You need to renew your passport ASAP and I would send both the old and new one in IF they have requested an original passport (they will really only be interested in the new / in date passport). I don't know what country you are a national of or whether or not you are visa-exempt. You MUST travel with a valid passport and land with the CoPR, I doubt they will issue you a CoPR until you have a valid passport (as passport information is included on the CoPR).

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Like the other reply, I too am a bit confused as you haven't given much information here.

In any event, you MUST have a valid passport. You need to renew your passport ASAP and I would send both the old and new one in IF they have requested an original passport (they will really only be interested in the new / in date passport). I don't know what country you are a national of or whether or not you are visa-exempt. You MUST travel with a valid passport and land with the CoPR, I doubt they will issue you a CoPR until you have a valid passport (as passport information is included on the CoPR).
From what I know of this poster from the Vienna thread, I believe he is a national of a country where it is literally not possible to (safely) get a passport these days (like Syria, for example). @ayman_dayem, the best thing to do would be to just ask the VO or whoever has requested the photos. My guess is that you do still need to send them, as they are for your COPR, whereas the travel document is just a temporary replacement for your passport. (Just a guess, though -- you definitely should just ask them directly!)

ayman_dayem

Jul 26, 2018
From what I know of this poster from the Vienna thread, I believe he is a national of a country where it is literally not possible to (safely) get a passport these days (like Syria, for example). @ayman_dayem, the best thing to do would be to just ask the VO or whoever has requested the photos. My guess is that you do still need to send them, as they are for your COPR, whereas the travel document is just a temporary replacement for your passport. (Just a guess, though -- you definitely should just ask them directly!)
I asked them directly about the photo and i told them that my pass is expired then they replied that they will issue me a single journey travel document but they didn't mention anything about the photos
Thanks btw for ur reply

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I asked them directly about the photo and i told them that my pass is expired then they replied that they will issue me a single journey travel document but they didn't mention anything about the photos
Thanks btw for ur reply
So you mean they asked you for the photos with the original passport request? In that case, yes, I would just send them. Lots of people get that request when they get PPR (despite the fact that we send photos with the original package). In the end, the worst that could happen is that you send them photos and they don't use them. Better to have that situation than to have them waiting for something you never sent.

Reactions: ayman_dayem

ayman_dayem

Jul 26, 2018
So you mean they asked you for the photos with the original passport request? In that case, yes, I would just send them. Lots of people get that request when they get PPR (despite the fact that we send photos with the original package). In the end, the worst that could happen is that you send them photos and they don't use them. Better to have that situation than to have them waiting for something you never sent.
Exactly they asked me to send photos with the original passport request.
That's right i will send them photos as you said the worst that could happen that i sent them photos they don't need