+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single Journey Travel Document for canada pr and entry.

sraviurya

Aug 25, 2022
I live in usa. I don't have refugee/asylum status yet but its pending. Im waiting for my asylum interview in usa. Its been 4 years. And usa has a backlog it can take 10 years for interview. 2 years ago i married a Canadian woman. Now she wants to sponsor me for pr to canada. But since im in pending asylum status. My home country wont renew my passport and without passport i can't do pcc or enter canada without it. Someone suggested i try single journey travel document. I mean in my pr file i request that from ircc. Has someone ever got it how does it work. Basically it will allow me to leave to usa and go to canada one time and their they issue me a pr card and then i can get canada refugee travel document inside canada

sraviurya

Aug 25, 2022
I live in usa. I don't have refugee/asylum status yet but its pending. Im waiting for my asylum interview in usa. Its been 4 years. And usa has a backlog it can take 10 years for interview. 2 years ago i married a Canadian woman. Now she wants to sponsor me for pr to canada. But since im in pending asylum status. My home country wont renew my passport and without passport i can't do pcc or enter canada without it. Someone suggested i try single journey travel document. I mean in my pr file i request that from ircc. Has someone ever got it how does it work. Basically it will allow me to leave to usa and go to canada one time and their they issue me a pr card and then i can get canada refugee travel document inside canada
In case you want to know in usa while waiting for asylum u can work and live legally but cant leave country. Im a truck driver for years. Only thing is cuz of expired passport i cant go to canada i need a travel document