+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINGLE ENTRY OR SUPER VISA? - Philippines

jo_olayao

Sep 22, 2012
Hi Countrymen,

Im planning to bring my mom here, she is widowed and 75 yrs old.. Im kind of hesitating/confusing which one should she apply,, either which one is easy to approve. I'm not sure if she's that healthy because she doesnt do any general medical examination for years. She is a just a plain housewife,, but she has a property but no funds for now.

I meet the LICO here in Canada,.. Could anybody give me best advice which one should i apply for my mother which is not too complicated for her to come here.

I will greatly appreciated your help and reply, especially for those who got their parents an approval...

Jocelyn from Philippines :)

realtwenty

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me ate mas better if tourist visa lang because if your mom will apply for a super visa she is obligate to have a medical examination.. But what if di sya nakapasa sa exam ? Magkakaproblema Lang dba. So apply for a tourist visa. If she will stay to you 6 months or less then she doesn't need to take a medical.. And everything goes fine.

NT_PH

Mar 19, 2011
Davao
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 21,2011
jo_olayao said:
Hi Countrymen,

Im planning to bring my mom here, she is widowed and 75 yrs old.. Im kind of hesitating/confusing which one should she apply,, either which one is easy to approve. I'm not sure if she's that healthy because she doesnt do any general medical examination for years. She is a just a plain housewife,, but she has a property but no funds for now.

I meet the LICO here in Canada,.. Could anybody give me best advice which one should i apply for my mother which is not too complicated for her to come here.

I will greatly appreciated your help and reply, especially for those who got their parents an approval...

sis Adviced ko lang if walang funds pa ung nanay mo. padala kana lang buwanan gaya sa guinawa ko sa mama ko.. di ako nag sent nang money nang bigla-an kasi mahalata nang taga embassy na walang ipon mama mo. so for now nakadalawang buwan palang ako nang nahulog sa banko niya. am applying super visa for my mom by january in Jah(God) well. Regular visa need more money to show and more assets also, unlike sa Supervisa di masyadong obligate yung parents natin. Hope i can help you abit.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jo_olayao said:
Hi Countrymen,

What do you intend for her - long term visit or short term? Regular visitor visa is usually max of 6months; supervisa is 2 years per visit. Quickest to apply for is regular visit visa.
She has ties to the country by virtue of owning property. As to proof of funds, if you sponsor all expenses, plus medical insurance required, then this can be in lieu of presenting a bank account.

Nicdrey

Jul 12, 2012
Hi there. I recently sent an invitation to my mother together with all the documents. My mother didn't provide bank statements, only land titles. It was approved after 9days. Please clearly state in your letter that you will support her all the way from fare ticket, medical, house etc when she's in Canada. She just needed to sign the forms, bought the manager's cheque, had her picture taken and called the embassy for doc pick-up.

Oh btw, we didn't get the supervisa, it's a long process and kinda costly. My mom won't stay for more than 6 months anyway. Get a multiple visa, but make sure her passport is valid for more than 3years because the multiple visa is dependent on the passport expiry. My friend's mom got a multiple visa but her passport is about to expire next yr. Multiple visa will expire next year though she just got it early 2012. Two of my friends' moms recently renewed their passports and filed for multiple visa. They were given til 2016.

:)