+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single but looking to get married

financepk

Sep 15, 2007
I am single and intend to apply for skilled worker immigration. I am currently seeing someone and it might or might not materialize into marriage.

In the application form it mentions that once I apply, I cannot add a family member. What if I get married between the time I apply and the time I am required to submit additional documents and appear for interview. If my circumstances change, I would like my spouse to also be considered for immigration along with me.

Can I add a spouse that I married after the application for immigrating with me.

Thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

financepk said:
I am single and intend to apply for skilled worker immigration. I am currently seeing someone and it might or might not materialize into marriage.

In the application form it mentions that once I apply, I cannot add a family member. What if I get married between the time I apply and the time I am required to submit additional documents and appear for interview. If my circumstances change, I would like my spouse to also be considered for immigration along with me.

Can I add a spouse that I married after the application for immigrating with me.

Thanks in advance

Nowhere does it state that you can't add a spouse to your application in Immigration Act/Regs. If you marry, you amend your application to show the wife, proof of marriage, and she completes her application and submits with your amended one.

PMM

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
of course yes. You could add your spouse. As long as you get married before the PR is stamped. If you get married after getting the PR you must ensure that you do not land in canada before sending your passport back to be stamped again otherwise you might be nullified and get in to difficult as it will mean you never notified the immigration about your change of status before you landed to cananda. Otherwise if you land in canada and then get married while in canada you could sponsor her.

hope that explains one question on three parts.

jenierga13

Sep 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be more applicable if to first take attention on having a married life before the immigration. But if the mention on the application form says so, you can't contradict the rules. However, there could be options on the situation, which indeed you can suppose to bring with you your spouse for immigration.