10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Good experience sharing media !

IT is very much different that you think, Trust me it is.
It is not only servers, servers are a part of IT, there are millions of other glitches and bottlenecks in an IT environment. These are hard to to precit and sometimes hard to solve. They are not like plumbing where everything is written on the book. you need creativity to solve the problems in IT. Outsourcing is the solution to Software and its supports, there are many other things in softwares, networks, which you need to solve almost instantly to save your business and clients, remember there are other competitors around you. A minute outage in your ATM's or your production line due to software problemts, you end up losing thousands of customer's faith, hence the business. That is where you need Asians, the premier zone in the world for IT. Canadian IT guys wouldnt want to do night owl jobs, they want the be fresh on weekdays to be looked crunchy when they'd meet their girl friends at dinners. In Toronto most of the Internet cafes are run by Chinese people, Computers shops are mostly owned by Asians- these are the rpair shops to whom you often need to go to repair your laptops when the free service time has run out.

So, this is evident that whatever glory Canada has got, Asians have a very fair share of contribution to that. It is true that for many holes in the immigration system, many unwanted fools in IT have slipped into Canada and now making the doors closed for the true experts in IT. The system should have been more vigilant !

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Again you are stereotyping and generalizing based on race, and that is one thing that is looked upon with disdain in Canadian society. And you are assuming I know nothing about IT. I have a Ph.D. and was an IT consultant and university lecturer for 10 years in the US, whose IT sector isn't that different from Canada.

Not going to answer anymore on this topic. It's is like driving a wooden nail into a solid lead block. Closed.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Jnathan

I think yr remarks and comments are too extreme and indeed very biased and racist. Generalising based on race is a biased statement and sounds racist. U are simply putting down on the local canadians and saying that they are simply lazy and not as hardworking or as brilliant as the Asians, be it chinese or indians or any other race. Such remarks should be made with care and if viewed upon by local canadians, it will definitely enraged the locals.

Whatever professions there are, each has their own skills needed and trainings required. Every profession, be it a plumber or welder or a lawyer, needs to be viewed with respect and not viewed with disdain. So please have some respect for any profession and also every race, be it the less diligent or the more hardworking ones.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
media and able

though I might have sounded like that, in fact my view was that Immigrants have played a vital role in building Canada's economy and jobs that required hardwork mostly are done by the immigrants. At least Canadians dont like those jobs as much as they do the white collar jobs.

In the end, I respect Media and abel's experiences and your valuable thoughts and views on the issues we are dealing with !

:eek:)

prince56k

Jun 2, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Experts,

I am little bit worried after observing a rejection case (alnor maybe name) for IELTS. I had a six months old IELTS score ( all moderate in every brand ... 2+2+2+2=8 points in IELTS. ). My NOC is 0213 (IT, the debating topic particularly here :D)

I just received document sending request from CIC to local singapore visa office at 24th June. Time limit is 120 days.
Will my existing IELTS be adequate or will I have to appear at another exam for better score to reduce chance of rejection.

Regards,
Prince

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I dont think so it will make a problem.
4131 was for arlnr was a teaching profession, so that demands higher quality of English.
btw, how much did you score in each section?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
prince56k said:
Dear Experts,

I am little bit worried after observing a rejection case (alnor maybe name) for IELTS. I had a six months old IELTS score ( all moderate in every brand ... 2+2+2+2=8 points in IELTS. ). My NOC is 0213 (IT, the debating topic particularly here :D)

I just received document sending request from CIC to local singapore visa office at 24th June. Time limit is 120 days.
Will my existing IELTS be adequate or will I have to appear at another exam for better score to reduce chance of rejection.

Regards,
Prince
Your case shouldnt be a problem since u belong to the IT category but also be ready mentally cause these days, IOs have the right to refuse issuing visa if they have reasons to believe that one is ready and prepared to be issued with the PR visa. It is quite to similar to visa applications for US or any other countries visa these days cause as long as IO has reasons, there is actually nothing much the applicant can do. However, after saying that, yr consolation is that yours is an IT profession. If u are worried about yr ILETS score, then i would recommend u try take it again to better the score and then if anything happens then u hve a backup plan and show yr better ilets score should there be a need. This is just a precautionary move if u prefer.

prince56k

Jun 2, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
I dont think so it will make a problem.
4131 was for arlnr was a teaching profession, so that demands higher quality of English.
btw, how much did you score in each section?
Dear jnathan,

Listioning 7.0
Reading 6.0
Speaking 6.0
Writing 5.5

My Docs collection is almost ready. If i go for IELTS it will take 1.5 months more ( finding available date + result ). Although i have still 112 days left to submit full docs but who know many odd things can happen in coming days since these profession is no more in demand list.

Note: My application is Received by CIC at 12th April (after April 10 rule). I mentioned language skill according to existing IELTS. If i give a new one then is it conflicting with April 10 rules because after April 10 an applicant is supposed to have IETLS score.

tran

May 10, 2009
I will be arriving in Vancouver at 2125hrs; enroute to Calgary. The earliest connecting
flight to Calgary is next morning 0600hrs. A family of 4(including 2 preschoolers).

Is it a good idea to wait at Vancouver International Airport till 0600hrs to catch
the earliest flight to Calgary, or is it better to check into a hotel and take a
later flight the next day? Any good hotel to recommend just for one night?
Thanks

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
prince56k

I was worried like you, I got almost similar scores like you except that I got 0.5 more in one section than yours. I scored 10.

The good news is that I havent heard a single rejection or probation for 0213 applicants for their lower IELTS score. only 4131's received such letters to send a better score.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
tran said:
I will be arriving in Vancouver at 2125hrs; enroute to Calgary. The earliest connecting
flight to Calgary is next morning 0600hrs. A family of 4(including 2 preschoolers).

Is it a good idea to wait at Vancouver International Airport till 0600hrs to catch
the earliest flight to Calgary, or is it better to check into a hotel and take a
later flight the next day? Any good hotel to recommend just for one night?
Thanks
Hi Tran

Why dont u guys have a good rest at a motel near the airport and catch a later flight, other than 6 am in the morning to Calgary? However, if u r not willing to spend the night at Van, then just hang out at the airport. Its relatively safe to hang out and rest at the airport lounges in Van airport.

When will u be flying to Van or Calgary? What are yr accomodation arrangements so far?

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi Abel,

Arrive Vancouver late evening 27 Aug, likely to stay in a hotel for a day or two.

Are you landing in Regina?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Hi Tran

wow, what a coincidence! I am landing on the 27th Aug too but i am landing in Vancouver at 1500 hrs and will be in Regina at 1700 hrs! Same day but different time!

I will be going there next monday for a reccee trip, go to calgary and then regina.

I am flying by Air Canada on first trip and ANA on the 2nd trip.

Have u found an apt in calgary or u have relatives there?

tran

May 10, 2009
Wife's aunt and cousins over in Calgary and Chestermere.

What are the attractions in Regina? Affordable real estate? Jobs?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Where is mediajunkie ???
My Bro reached Canada last week after 4 months, he is a PR.
He was asked by the IO why did he take so long to return to Canada.
He replied that he needed to be with his ailing mum.