Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
It seems like not many are getting their paperwork processed through Singapore CIC.

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
Anything new for anyone through Singapore sponsorship? ???

L

len2ts

PMM said:
Hi

Not really look at the countries that Singapore processes PR applications from.

Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam

Guess which ones are notorious for fraud documents and Mala fide marriages? So background checks take time.
Are you sure that all these 10 countries have only 1 Visa Office? I thought Singapore and Brunei only.
I'm not sure about this. But this is what I've read...
Do I need a visa and where can I apply?

Singapore and Brunei - People holding valid Singapore or Brunei passports do not require a visa to visit Canada. However, a visa is required for holders of Certificates of Identity or Documents of Identity from Singapore or Brunei.

Bangladesh - Citizens of Bangladesh require a temporary visa to enter Canada. If you reside in Bangladesh you should apply at the Canadian High Commission in Dhaka

Indonesia and East Timor - Citizens of these countries require a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. If you reside in Indonesia or East Timor you should apply at the Canadian Embassy in Jakarta.

Malaysia - Citizens of Malaysia require a temporary visa to enter Canada. If you reside in Malaysia you should apply at the Canadian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur.

Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar (Burma) and Laos - Citizens of these countires require a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. If you reside in Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar (Burma) or Laos you should apply at the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok.

Vietnam - Citizens of Vietnam require a temporary visa to enter Canada. If you reside in Vietnam you should apply at the Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City.

Other Countries - If you are a citizen of another, please country check on the main CIC website to see if you need a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada. If you do, please apply to the office which services the country in which you are resident.

canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=4&menu=L

victorialad

Jul 2, 2010
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
File Transfer...
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2010
LANDED..........
7-12-2010
Durianfruit, I agree, there are few people posting on timelines in Singapore, which is unfortunate as it makes it hard to form any views about when one's application will be processed. I've been watching all the threads on Singapore, and it appears to me that the timeframe is about 4 months in a few cases where nothing else is requested. If there is missing documents or an interview is required....then of course the time stretches out. So by that measure, you are overdue.

My wife is Vietnamese. Our application would only have arrived in Singapore about a week ago, so I don't expect to hear anything for at least 3 months.

I would be interested in continuing to hear how you get on.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hello all,

Sent application in mid Nov 2009
Sent back to us in mid Dec due to missing signature
Sponsor was approved in January 2010
Began processing in Singapore early Feb 2010
Photos sent back in May 2010, and a request was sent for fingerprints to the RCMP
Now we are waiting for the RCMP to forward the results (which should be clean!) to CIC... I won't be surprised if this isn't before October
And we hope that there won't have to be an interview!!
Good luck to everyone else!

victorialad

Jul 2, 2010
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
File Transfer...
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2010
LANDED..........
7-12-2010
Hi Charloux,
Thanks for responding. Do you mind telling me what country your spouse is from, and are they living there now, or are they in Canada on a TRV or some other type of temporary visa?

My second question is related to the RCMP reference; I don't recall seeing any requirement for an RCMP check when I was filling out the forms. When is an RCMP check required? I hope I didn't miss that....

Thanks

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
No problem victorialad,
My husband is from Indoneisa. He tried getting a TRV in November also after we sent in the PR, but he was refused (which I heard is verrry common for people applying for PR - only after did I understand this). So, he is living in Indoneisa now, and I am with him! Since I am a citizen I can leave Canada during the process, but I do have to be there when he lands (and why wouldn't I?). I moved here just in May after school, and I am planning on staying here at least till Nov 2010. I hope they will almost be done by then!

As for the RCMP fingerprints, they do say that they will do their own checks so it is not required that you send in an RCMP check with the original application. However, if they do a name check and something comes up, or have any other concerns they may request that his fingerprints be sent to the RCMP and then the results be forwarded to them (this process takes between 4-5 months...). My husband lived in Canada for a total of 2 years on a student Visa (and then tried to get a working visa), and he never had any problems with the authority, just a couple of transit tickets (Vancouver Skytrain). So, I am guessing that may have come up and now they are looking further into it, but I was told by an RCMP officer that they don't keep track of that kind of thing, just criminal convictions.

Anymore questions feel free to ask! After a year of looking into this kind of thing, I feel like I am getting pretty good at understanding it... well as much as one can.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi 'Singapore' Forum members. Soon I will send in the Sponsorship and PR application for my Thai husband. We have been living in Mongolia for almost one year now and our Visa's will be renewed for another year in September. Basically, from my understanding we can choose either Singapore or Beijing for our processing office. At first I thought Beijing was the better choice because if they need an interview (I would be really surprised if they do, because we have been married 3 years and have 1 kid) then it would be easier to travel there BUT on the other hand would it cause major confusion and possible delays if they receive a Thai applicant in Beijing for the background checks and such? It says on the CIC website that if an applicant is not living in their home country that could delay processing so I don't want to add more problems.
One lawyer has advised me to choose Singapore.
What do you think?

victorialad

Jul 2, 2010
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
File Transfer...
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2010
LANDED..........
7-12-2010
Hi Charloux,

Thank you for all of the information. I should be okay regarding the RCMP checks, because I am a citizen and have never had any trouble with the law. My name is not common, so a quick check would show me as being clear. My wife has never been to Canada.

You are fortunate to be able to spend so much time with your husband while you wait. I'm thinking of having my wife apply for a TRV, but with little hope that it will be approved. If the TRV is unsuccessful I'll just continue to visit her when I can. The waiting is very hard.

Best of luck to you.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Ugh, even the waiting together is difficult, we feel as if we are in Limbo somewhat. However, it is leaps and bounds better than being apart!

I should have been a bit more clear about the RCMP check, so, just to clarify, the sponsor does not have to send in any info for that. And the applicant may have to if they are called upon to later (but they would have had to live in Canada for more than 6 months).

Good luck with everything!