+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office

OT13

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
for me, no update yet .. still it says processing on my account.. applied online for 14 days processing visa ( Global talent stream) with job offer, lmia, and upfront medical examination.. applied on 30th April,2020. still awating..

I created and sent Webform 10 days ago.. also no reply to my Webform..
I have no idea how much Covid19 is affecting on processing times.
I'm assuming you have the same process as us in EE. if that's so, when was your most recent ghost update

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I contacted VAC Singapore through chat messaging yesterday. They said they are closed at the moment, and advised to keep an eye out on VAC singapore website for the updates..

We still don't know when VAC Singapore opens their doors :(

OT13

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
I contacted VAC Singapore through chat messaging yesterday. They said they are closed at the moment, and advised to keep an eye out on VAC singapore website for the updates..

We still don't know when VAC Singapore opens their doors :(
We need to figure out which phase of the CB they'll reopen in. Not sure how to do that though

OT13

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
VAC in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) is already open but not Singapore? How can this be? o_O
Because Malaysia's MCO and Singapore's CB are allowing different sectors to reopen. We need to figure out which phase the VAC in Singapore will open.

OT13

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
I'm not sure how "official" webform replies are but this is what I got earlier this week

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

Your application is approved.

As you may be aware, the Government of Canada has announced travel restriction measures that currently restrict air travel to protect Canada from the outbreak of Covid-19. While the travel restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted. For a list of current exemptions to these restrictions, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html. If your application falls under the exemptions and you wish to travel at this time, please provide supporting information regarding the essential nature of your travel.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please note that Canada’s mission in Singapore is providing essential services only. Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Singapore, Bangladesh, Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia and Malaysia are also temporarily closed due to local government instructions. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times. For updates on the resumption of services at VACs, please monitor the VAC website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/.

We will instruct you on how to proceed to have your visa and COPR issued once the travel restrictions have been removed and the VAC in your country has resumed operations.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

OT13

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Congratulation @OT13 . Would you mind telling me your country of residence and your AOR? Thank you. Wish you get the PPR email soon.
AoR December the First
Country of residence is Malaysia (where VFS is open but it sounds like I need to wait for Singapore's VAC to open)