+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore visa office?!

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
Congrats Horsie!

It's reassuring to know that others before me are completing their applications as scheduled. Thank you for the update, and all the best in the future! :)

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
hey guys,
got the request for passport the other day! we're finally near the end of this process and my family/friends back home are excited to see us soon. it's been a long road but patience is definitely the key. i will come back to this site and write up some details of our application times, letters, etc. to help others along this path. good luck to everyone dealing with singapore!

ct

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canthai said:
hey guys,
got the request for passport the other day! we're finally near the end of this process and my family/friends back home are excited to see us soon. it's been a long road but patience is definitely the key. i will come back to this site and write up some details of our application times, letters, etc. to help others along this path. good luck to everyone dealing with singapore!

ct
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please update us with your time line.

Thanks,

Nike1702

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
canthai said:
hey guys,

ct
Congrats

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
I emailed the Singapore office a few weeks ago asking for an update. I knew that it'd probably go nowhere and it was a long shot, especially since I'm still within the regular processing time line. They never bothered responding, as expected.

Anyways, today they email me telling me they required additional documents to be sent to them immediately, which included:

1. Divorce papers from my wife's previous marriage
2. Papers proving she had sole custody of her son
3. A NO objection letter from the father with regards to her son moving to Canada
4. Information about any relatives she had living in Canada, including names, addresses, date of births, and phone numbers.

Thankfully, we have all this information ready, which will be translated and notarized on Monday to be sent to Singapore.

Just to give you guys a sense of my time line, my application has been in Singapore almost 6 months now. My wife has been divorced twice, and she has one son, so our application is slightly more complicated than a typical one I would imagine. I think we provided a decent amount of proof, and I am hoping that upon receiving these documents, an interview won't be required and a visa will be granted.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canthai said:
hey guys,

ct
Hey lucky guy! Whenever you have time, can you give us some update and also your time line?! Thanks

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Hello Nguyen,

Nothing here as well. Still waiting. Summer time is not the same without our loved ones isn't it?

Cheers,
Jean

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know! it seems meaningless to me. I am counting every single day until my wife comes to Canada. You are so right "Summer time is not the same without our loved ones "

amina

Mar 17, 2008
My file is in process at singapore office since 12 february 2010 and until now i dont hear any news even letter that stating my file is already there, is it usual for singapore office?

Kimbo.780

Mar 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September 2009
File Transfer...
03 October 2009
Interview........
22 November 2010
amina said:
My file is in process at singapore office since 12 february 2010 and until now i dont hear any news even letter that stating my file is already there, is it usual for singapore office?
YESS! its usual for singapore office when u dont hear anything from them.

iv been waiting since oct2009 for my application and i havent heard anything yet.

its been 6 months now and im still no PPR. Hopefully i get some good news this week or month.

pelda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2010
Jakarta, Indonesia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get the letter from immigration yesterday :0
the application for sponsor is approved! 7 april 2010
they sent the file to the singapore office
so now the waiting is begin again.....
Do we need to cAll them or just wait until they contact us?
Can we track our application in singapore with ecas or something?
THANKS

marisol

Sep 27, 2009
i also applied in singapore office, its been a 9 months since they process my papers, any way my case is complicated ,so im not in a hurry, last january they send me letter to provide police clearance, re medical, and pay the rprf. i didnt receive, until the letter was sent back to singapore office, and what they do is they send it to my partner in canada, so sad, 3 months is wasted. anyway its a good news. and hopefully after completing all the requested documents, next is, passport request.

amina

Mar 17, 2008
Congrat pelda!
@marisol, I am sorry to hear that, I also scare if i miss a letter from them then i will waste time like you. till now no news from singapore yet ???