+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore visa office?!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dang! So far nothing new from Singapore office.
I wonder why it's so freaking slow on that end. It has been 2 months since application processed in Singapore.
Anyone's on the same boat?

5 to 9 months........oh my gosh!

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
they have to verify every information sent to them is 100% accurate. They don't just accept them at face value even with an authentic stamp. Criminal checks can take a while since they have to verify each police certificate or places you've reside. And I assume this is all done from Singapore from one person per application. That person has to wait for an answer from Vietnam or Canada's police to verify that information is true and accurate. And this is just for criminal check just imagine all the other checks they have to do. It's mostly a waiting game for them to get the verified answers back.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
yep, me too, still waiting, it's been +6 mths...

must have patein..patince..patence......arrrrrrggggghhhhh!!! patience!!!

horsie... we're right behind you at jan.06.09.. good luck!

ct

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
my wife e-mailed me today saying she got her Canadian papers. Looks like she didn't have to go through an interview process.

words can't describe how elated I am upon hearing of this news. It's like a huge weight just fell off my shoulders.

Patience is the key and I know patience is not an easy word.

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
thanks Boncuk. I just checked my CIC site and it says permanent resident still in process but I've got a new addition. It added medical received. I'll have to wait until morning in Vietnam to call my wife.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
That's awesome.. :) Sometimes the applicant has the visa in hand and still no update in ecas so don't worry about it :)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horsie said:
thanks Boncuk. I just checked my CIC site and it says permanent resident still in process but I've got a new addition. It added medical received. I'll have to wait until morning in Vietnam to call my wife.
Is medical report supposed to be sent with the application if your wife is from Vietnam?
My wife's medical report was sent with the application to Ontario before the application was transferred to Singapore. Any idea?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horsie said:
my wife e-mailed me today saying she got her Canadian papers. Looks like she didn't have to go through an interview process.

words can't describe how elated I am upon hearing of this news. It's like a huge weight just fell off my shoulders.

Patience is the key and I know patience is not an easy word.
Did you wife get a passport request letter? please tell me YES.......

Thanks,

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
I sent everything with the intitial sponsorship application including medical report. So if you did that as well it should speed up your application process as they won't have to request one unless something is wrong with it like missing info.

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
don't know my Vietnamese isn't the greatest though I wrote all my letters and chat dialogues all in Vietnamese which probably made it look innocent and authentic. Did is what the wife wrote me tell me what it means:

"duoc cap giay nhap canh canada"

I took it as some sort of paperwork to imigrate to Canada.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horsie said:
don't know my Vietnamese isn't the greatest though I wrote all my letters and chat dialogues all in Vietnamese which probably made it look innocent and authentic. Did is what the wife wrote me tell me what it means:

"duoc cap giay nhap canh canada"

I took it as some sort of paperwork to imigrate to Canada.
ha ha ha "dung roi`" vay la duoc nhan Visa vao` Canada roi!
COngratulations, man! Way to go. You are done with the waiting game!
Now it's me and Singapore office playing with the waiting game.

Again, congratulations!

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
grats horsie

singapore just mailed my wife last week about redoing her medical and update her orginal police certificate. she went to the IOM "international organization for migration" they told her to come back on june 16th to do her medical and the iom said it takes 1 day to mail singapore, they also said about 1 week after she does the medical that they will call her and tell her the results of the test and that they will also mail singapore the police record once they get the results back. i hope before the end of this month that she will get the visa request. my wife is from cambodia so we all are in the same area.