+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office gather here please, let's keep in touch!

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
I have also applied from BD, no upfront medical, fall 2021

Application Submitted: 28 March 2021
Biometric Updated: 29 March 2021
Eligibility Review Started: 12 April 2021

Medical Requested: 26 April 2021
Medical Done: 27 April 2021
After medical for 14 days, there was no update
Raised Webform: 10 May 2021
Medical Status Changed to We are reviewing the results of your medical exam: 11 May 2021
Reply of Webform stating that the VO has the e-medical report: 19 May 2021

Since then no update. Waiting for the medical to pass and it has been 25 days since I completed medical.
Hi Dipu,

Great to see an applicant from Bangladesh on this forum. My prior experience with study permit application suggests that you have probably met the eligibility requirement evident by the medical request. However, not receiving the medical result for that long is quite unheard of for most applicants.

Maybe Singapore VO has a backlog in processing medical results, or there could be an underlying condition that may require additional review. Hopefully, it's the former. But did you have a chance to get your report from the clinic? I asked for mine after finishing the test and collected the result the next day.

Anyways, I suspect that a month-long lockdown in BD has delayed the processing of the study permit. At least VFS is open now, so we have that going for us.

Please keep us in the loop on any developments; I would very much appreciate it. Best of luck!

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
Whats your timeline?
Do you already have BVL?medical upfront or requested and if already updated?
Hi EE,

Here is my timeline:

Application Submission: 4 March 2021
Biometric Update: 5 March 2021
Eligibility Review Began: 23 March 2021
Upfront medical passed: 23 March 2021

Biometric letter: not yet
Passport request: not yet

No correspondences from VO after the late march.

Last edited:

dipu.sust

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hi Dipu,

Great to see an applicant from Bangladesh on this forum. My prior experience with study permit application suggests that you have probably met the eligibility requirement evident by the medical request. However, not receiving the medical result for that long is quite unheard of for most applicants.

Maybe Singapore VO has a backlog in processing medical results, or there could be an underlying condition that may require additional review. Hopefully, it's the former. But did you have a chance to get your report from the clinic? I asked for mine after finishing the test and collected the result the next day.

Anyways, I suspect that a month-long lockdown in BD has delayed the processing of the study permit. At least VFS is open now, so we have that going for us.

Please keep us in the loop on any developments; I would very much appreciate it. Best of luck!
I had a history of major surgery when I was young. Now, I am doing good. The physician said that it won't create any issue but I know ultimately IRCC will make the final decision. Additionally, I haven't received any additional medical exam requests.

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
I had a history of major surgery when I was young. Now, I am doing good. The physician said that it won't create any issue but I know ultimately IRCC will make the final decision. Additionally, I haven't received any additional medical exam requests.
Hi,
You should be fine ig since you have not received any additional medical requests. I am just super concerned about the prolonged delay. I hope we all get a decision soon.

jenniferj

May 16, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2021
Hi guys i submitted my visa application on the 15th of May.. I'm done with biometrics so far.. Do u recommend i give upfront medical now or just wait for medical request ?

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
Hi guys i submitted my visa application on the 15th of May.. I'm done with biometrics so far.. Do u recommend i give upfront medical now or just wait for medical request ?
Hi Jenniferj,
You can't go wrong either way. But medical requests are an indicator that things are proceeding in your file. Having said that, I gave upfront medical fearing that the lockdown in my country might prevent me from doing so. Hope this helps.

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Wait. Upfront is not supported by clinic any more during this covid time...

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
It's your call. But it'll be faster to go for upfront in hopes to get a decision by August 6th.

kritanium

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
As you have already submitted, I suggest to wait it out. In my opinion, better to avoid sending webforms but either way, it will be fine.