Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear experts,

Yesterday I have got ADR & MR.

Moreover, they have issued a PFL (Procedural Fairness Letter), which indicted me of misrepresentation of information in Schedule A, specifically in Question 6.

Now, I don't have any confusion in any question in Schedule A (IMM 5669 Background declaration) except 6(e) - "been refused admission to, or order to leave, Canada or any other Country?"

However, I answer all the questions with "No" as usual. But I am confused about the above question because- in 2009 I applied for student visa ( for studying MBA in University of Manitoba), which was refused and the reasons for refusal they mentioned were completely irrelevant. By the way, then I stepped back and concentrated on job in my country.

Should 'refusal to issue student visa' be considered as "been refused admission to, or order to leave, Canada or any other Country?".

Dear friends, help me out. I am really in the middle of baffled crossroad.

Thanks
Brother, could you share your time line?
AOR, FT date / Province?
All the best

Javeline

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
AOR Received.
12/4/2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
12/5/2017
Med's Request
24/4/2018
Med's Done....
11/5/2018 - pass 3 days later
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23/5/2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
Sep 2018
Dear experts,

Yesterday I have got ADR & MR.

Moreover, they have issued a PFL (Procedural Fairness Letter), which indicted me of misrepresentation of information in Schedule A, specifically in Question 6.

Now, I don't have any confusion in any question in Schedule A (IMM 5669 Background declaration) except 6(e) - "been refused admission to, or order to leave, Canada or any other Country?"

However, I answer all the questions with "No" as usual. But I am confused about the above question because- in 2009 I applied for student visa ( for studying MBA in University of Manitoba), which was refused and the reasons for refusal they mentioned were completely irrelevant. By the way, then I stepped back and concentrated on job in my country.

Should 'refusal to issue student visa' be considered as "been refused admission to, or order to leave, Canada or any other Country?".

Dear friends, help me out. I am really in the middle of baffled crossroad.

Thanks
Sorry to hear that!
However, positive sign is they send you MR and ADR. You should write an explanatory letter to explain why you made that mistake. But be aware of the fact that “ you were denied by IRCC for student visa” not “educational institution refused your study application”. Therefore, in the letter, be careful with words otherwise you might unintentionally admit that their conclusion is true!
So, writing a letter is a must. You must try your best for this battle. Convince them that it just was an accident as you did not really understand the question and also the situation!
I hope you can pass this difficult stage!

Yellowcat

Jun 20, 2018
Sorry to hear that!
However, positive sign is they send you MR and ADR. You should write an explanatory letter to explain why you made that mistake. But be aware of the fact that “ you were denied by IRCC for student visa” not “educational institution refused your study application”. Therefore, in the letter, be careful with words otherwise you might unintentionally admit that their conclusion is true!
So, writing a letter is a must. You must try your best for this battle. Convince them that it just was an accident as you did not really understand the question and also the situation!
Javeline, your advice 's very clear.

My FT was 25 August 17, so far there is nothing news except our upfront medical exam are ok.
When I sent document to CIC in May 17 there was not my degree and transcript in package because something wrong with my full name in the degree. Now it is corrected already. Do you think I should send it to SGVO together LOE or I will wait for their request.
BTW I already have a update Police check because the old one 's expired. Do I need to send them now?

Thanks for your advice , experts

Reactions: huongsask

Javeline

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
AOR Received.
12/4/2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
12/5/2017
Med's Request
24/4/2018
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23/5/2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
Sep 2018
Dear Yellow cat

I am not an expert but if I was you, I would send both copies of your education papers to SGVO with explanatory letter. Since there is a different between contents and date (bcz of correction) of new and old version. Then officers can realize why you did that.

Moreover in CIC checklist, please correct me if I am wrong, there is no request for educational certificate/transcript? That is why you have FT date since CIC will return application if they find it incomplete (completeness check at nova Scotia office).

However, bombarding their officers with papers is a safe choice as they will not refuse your app just because you send too many paper, right? Therefore, send them your cert/transcripts but remember to note your application number/UCI in the head of any letter!

Reactions: Yellowcat

Yellowcat

Jun 20, 2018
Dear Yellow cat

I am not an expert but if I was you, I would send both copies of your education papers to SGVO with explanatory letter. Since there is a different between contents and date (bcz of correction) of new and old version. Then officers can realize why you did that.

Moreover in CIC checklist, please correct me if I am wrong, there is no request for educational certificate/transcript? That is why you have FT date since CIC will return application if they find it incomplete (completeness check at nova Scotia office).

However, bombarding their officers with papers is a safe choice as they will not refuse your app just because you send too many paper, right? Therefore, send them your cert/transcripts but remember to note your application number/UCI in the head of any letter!
Dear Javeline,

Thanks a lot for your advice, I will collect all documents and send to them by both Webform and email.
Actually in the checklist, they don't request any degrees or transcrips, that was the reason I did not sent them to CIC.
When and where do you land in canada?

Reactions: Javeline

arshakil

Apr 22, 2016
Sorry to hear that!
Dear Javeline, the word 'Thanks' will be not enough for what you just put in here. YOU ARE GREAT, FRIEND. This site has been the best because of some awesome guys like you. I am grateful to you indeed.

sunny722

Sep 28, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
18-08-2017
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
18-JUNE-2018
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
04-JULY-2018
LANDED..........
12-SEP-2018
ANY MOVEMENTS TODAY?

Javeline

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
AOR Received.
12/4/2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
12/5/2017
Med's Request
24/4/2018
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23/5/2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
Sep 2018
Dear Javeline, the word 'Thanks' will be not enough for what you just put in here. YOU ARE GREAT, FRIEND. This site has been the best because of some awesome guys like you. I am grateful to you indeed.
You are welcome!

I have a belief that you can pass this test. And I think Visa officers just need a reason given from you to approve your application! That is why they did not hold Mr and ADR. So, try to give them a suitable explanation for them to remove doubts of misinterpretation.

I don’t have enough information of your case to help. But you should focus on the reason you were confused between denied by Institution or IRCC. And you did not think it was serious since it happened long time ago and it did not come from criminal problem! “..Now regret to be careless in the past! I don’t tend to withhold intentionally because I know very well that Canada has a very good system of data...it just a mistake! Hope VO get my point of view..”

sunny722

Sep 28, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
NO