Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
september 6, 2011
simanto said:
Dear all

I submitted requested documents in the singapore visa office . With the medical request, the visa office requested personal networth statements and pcc too.todays these documents are received by the visa office .could you tell me how long the visa office take to issue PPR? and how long the visa office set time to submit passpport ? this is important to me as my medical will expire in november 2011.
Hello simanto,

Welcome to the forum.

Please take a look at Garu's update on this page.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t64843.135.html

simanto

Star Member
Aug 3, 2011
Vansask said:
Hello simanto,

Welcome to the forum.

Please take a look at Garu's update on this page.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t64843.135.html
Thanks !

Vansask

Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
Med's Request
june 27, 2011
Med's Done....
june 30, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
september 6, 2011
letina said:
hi guys, we landed, although we are here just for shortwhile, things are not in the positive side :( It is extremely expensive to live in Canada, we had a meal at Subway fastfood on the first day and it costs us $45 for 4 people! There are virtually NO JOBS at all for immigrants, except for those like night shift labourers at factory earning minimum salaries, some people we met told us they gave up hope to find a decent job and end up living on minimum wages job with no hope to break through unless they go back to school again. Find a place to live is not easy too, we cannot buy unless we have a job and have good credit history, renting cost around $1400 for a small flat that house the 4 of us. Without a car, we are like handicapped people. It is really not as a dream land as we thought but we will try hard and never give up! It is so shaky right now, my kids keep asking to "go back home" and money is running short.. I dont know how long we can last :(
Letina,

Are you in Newsbrunswick? Sorry to hear your story.

I'm sure you will be better later on. I'd like to recommend you to get a job first; even a minimum wage job. And then we can start job hunting.
I'm not sure what is your profession or background. But I'm sure there are so called " hidden jobs" over there in Newsbrunswick. You've got to start sending resumes' to those employers. Do a research of industries over there and get a list of employers. You can go to a local library and they have information there. I am sure there are employment agencies there. You may also approach them. Here is a link for some of them. http://www.canadaemploymentagency.net/index.php?id_level2=NB

A brief information about Newsbrunswick economy in this webpage.
http://www.movingincanada.com/NewBrunswick/Economy.htm

Here is a link from Government of Canada. Try that webpage and you can find settlement services agencies.
http://www.servicesfornewcomers.cic.gc.ca/index.php

Best of luck for you and your family!

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Issued 24 Feb 2012 but only received 12 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
Vansask/n1x_r, did you guys received email from CIC notifying that they have mailed your MR prior to receiving your MR?

letina

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
CRS said:
Dear Letina, a mixed feeling for you. Congrats for safe landing. Well, my relatives in Canada already gave me some hints. I'm single. Still they think if i land there it's never gonna easy to survive without canadian experience or certificate. Just saying, You or your spouse can start courses with student loan. I heard lots of people doing that. Liked your confidence. By the way, can you give me an idea how much cad one need to keep with for completing the landing process? Did they ask you anything regarding this while landing?
All the best.
Hi CRS, thanks a lot for your encouragement. We knew about all these but then it is still tough at first when suddenly immerse in the situation where you have to spend money everyday and the future is so uncertain. But anyway we will try to keep our heads above the water and be positive. For the landing experience, it is pretty simple. We arrived at Vancouver airport early in the morning, the queue is pretty long with around 50-60 people ahead of us so we have to wait for about 2 hours but when our number was called, it only take 15 mins to complete the whole process. The office took our papers and then we were asked if we have the list of all the things we will brough with us to canada and the amount of money we have in cash/bankdraft/money order. The officer is extremely friendly and nice and he didnt check the money. The officer also ask where we are heading to and he wants to see that we have a ticket to final destination. He then fill in a form, copy our ticket and ask us to provide the address and contact information. They took the list of goods and then endorsed it and clip into a form. I need to sign a form and receive a copy. We need to submit 2 photos for each person for pr cards, he asked us to write down the name in one photo for each and the date it was taken. We also need to fill a form. After all this, we was given a piece of paper saying that we are now landed permanent residences and we can freely live and work in Canada. We stay in the airport for a few hours because we missed the connection flight due to the long wait at immigration. We then proceed to Saint John.

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
27-02-2011 (MPNP-Family Stream)
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
Thanks Letina. Valuable info indeed. As you see, you left a lot of concerned wellwishers in this forum. Best wishes to you and your family. We are looking forward to hear good news from you. Take care.

letina

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Vansask said:
Letina,

Are you in Newsbrunswick? Sorry to hear your story.

I'm sure you will be better later on. I'd like to recommend you to get a job first; even a minimum wage job. And then we can start job hunting.
I'm not sure what is your profession or background. But I'm sure there are so called " hidden jobs" over there in Newsbrunswick. You've got to start sending resumes' to those employers. Do a research of industries over there and get a list of employers. You can go to a local library and they have information there. I am sure there are employment agencies there. You may also approach them. Here is a link for some of them. http://www.canadaemploymentagency.net/index.php?id_level2=NB

A brief information about Newsbrunswick economy in this webpage.
http://www.movingincanada.com/NewBrunswick/Economy.htm

Here is a link from Government of Canada. Try that webpage and you can find settlement services agencies.
http://www.servicesfornewcomers.cic.gc.ca/index.php

Best of luck for you and your family!
Hi Vansack, thanks a lot, we are trying to keep us positive everyday. Taking bus is not an easy task, especially where everyone has car and the bus are not stopping at where you want, waiting time is also a big problem. As per my experience, you guys should learn how to drive first before landing and get an international driving licence so you can drive immediately here, otherwise it will be very very tough! I have been sending resumes (few hundereds of them) since I got my Medical request till now but only receive a few rejection emails and the rest just keep silient. I went to interview for an administrative officer position but was told that my English is not good enough and I do not have any experience! I have years of experience as IT team manager of large MNCs and yet they told me my English is not good! I guess it is just an excuse as I saw that for that position alone, they have so many people waiting for interviewing so they are just picky on who they want to accept and being a new commer, we probably do not have a chance. I then went on to a walk in interview for a cashier position but was also not sucessful due to no experience AGAIN and not familiar with the procedure. For every positions advertised, hundreds of immigrants and local will apply and the chance is just so slim like striking a lottery. I am too old to study again but I guess it is no choice, and I do not know where to have the money, we are not qualified for bank study loan as we do not have any credit and to be eligible to get the government provincial study loan, I need to be resident here for at least 1 year, sigh :(

letina

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
CRS said:
Thanks Letina. Valuable info indeed. As you see, you left a lot of concerned wellwishers in this forum. Best wishes to you and your family. We are looking forward to hear good news from you. Take care.
Thanks CRS, all the best to you too!

Vansask

Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
Med's Request
june 27, 2011
Med's Done....
june 30, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
september 6, 2011
Garu said:
Vansask/n1x_r, did you guys received email from CIC notifying that they have mailed your MR prior to receiving your MR?
Garu,

We received MR by postal mail. We did not received an email about MR.

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Issued 24 Feb 2012 but only received 12 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
Vansask said:
Garu,

We received MR by postal mail. We did not received an email about MR.
Thanks Vansask for the info... :)

Vansask

Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
Med's Request
june 27, 2011
Med's Done....
june 30, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
september 6, 2011
letina said:
Hi Vansack, thanks a lot, we are trying to keep us positive everyday. Taking bus is not an easy task, especially where everyone has car and the bus are not stopping at where you want, waiting time is also a big problem. As per my experience, you guys should learn how to drive first before landing and get an international driving licence so you can drive immediately here, otherwise it will be very very tough! I have been sending resumes (few hundereds of them) since I got my Medical request till now but only receive a few rejection emails and the rest just keep silient. I went to interview for an administrative officer position but was told that my English is not good enough and I do not have any experience! I have years of experience as IT team manager of large MNCs and yet they told me my English is not good! I guess it is just an excuse as I saw that for that position alone, they have so many people waiting for interviewing so they are just picky on who they want to accept and being a new commer, we probably do not have a chance. I then went on to a walk in interview for a cashier position but was also not sucessful due to no experience AGAIN and not familiar with the procedure. For every positions advertised, hundreds of immigrants and local will apply and the chance is just so slim like striking a lottery. I am too old to study again but I guess it is no choice, and I do not know where to have the money, we are not qualified for bank study loan as we do not have any credit and to be eligible to get the government provincial study loan, I need to be resident here for at least 1 year, sigh :(
Hi Letina,

NewsBrunswick is one of the "have not provinces in Canada". But that doesn't mean that we can not find jobs there.

I would again suggest you to go to employment agencies such as Kelly services. Here is a link http://www.headhuntersdirectory.com/in/New_Brunswick/SaintJohn.htm
Mr. Harper said in April of this year that he would help new immigrants. http://nexuscanada.blogspot.com/2011/04/tories-promise-loans-for-immigrants.html

Are you sure that you can not get a student loan from the government? Are you talking about Federal one or the provincial one?http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.200785.html

I guess News Brunswick is a bit different than Singapore in terms of jobs hunting, commuting and etc..

As I said before, you will be OK later on. How about your kids? Did you register them into schools? Do they like schools there?

Good Luck to you and your family!

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
Dear mates, i need your kind advice. As i mentioned, i applied last april. I am continuing an bank account of around 10000 ca doller since last march'11. Now i have to withdraw it immediately for some family affairs. There may be a gap of a month or two. I'm not in process yet. How this will effect my processing and what to do next?

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
It should not be a problem, since you're not in process yet and the amount is not much, so they'll not check with the bank. Usually , if needed, they will ask for proof of funds together with MR.

CRS said:
Dear mates, i need your kind advice. As i mentioned, i applied last april. I am continuing an bank account of around 10000 ca doller since last march'11. Now i have to withdraw it immediately for some family affairs. There may be a gap of a month or two. I'm not in process yet. How this will effect my processing and what to do next?

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
Thanks taivoi. Of which date Did you mention the proof of fund for federal form? Was it identical to the date earlier mentioned in provincial application? Or was it updated? Vansask and n_1x , will you please share yours in this regard? That will be very kind of you.
Garu, Any good news this tuesday? Now you are the most senior among those who are dying to see 'in process'. Good luck guys.

Vansask

Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
Med's Request
june 27, 2011
Med's Done....
june 30, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
september 6, 2011
CRS said:
Hello CRS,

I would say you could do that. However, when your application is in process, you've got to be prepared to supply VO with 90 days of statements showing funds are intact at any time .