+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Silentwind

Star Member
May 25, 2011
lenardparnold said:
Usually for the medicals, you find the liscneced doctor stated by immigration (for your area) and then go see him yourself, whenever you plan to. The sooner the better. Thenm the doctor sends the medical to Singapore himself.

All these stories about such long wait times are frightening. I'm getting really worried now. At first I thought I would get through soon like so many others within my timeframe (8 months ish). But now after hearing about all these cases that really do seem to take 20 months I'm getting scared. I don't know if I can handle another year of waiting.... :(
If you really love your spouse,it will pass by faster than you think, try put your mind into other things meanwhile,if you anticipate too much it will seem longer.
I keep telling myself it would only bond the two of us stronger relationship than it already is,and it feels great at the end of the day to know that it will all be worth it.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
"I keep telling myself it would only bond the two of us stronger relationship than it already is,"

Thats what I often think too.

JT1979

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010 - Mississauga
AOR Received.
06-05-2010 - App Approved
File Transfer...
17-05-2010 - Singapore
Med's Request
1st Meds done in Feb 2010 - 2nd - 10-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
24-05-2011
Passport Req..
28/06/2011 - Got Email with Doc ( POV - Promise of Visa Letter) - Passport with letter given to IOM on 28/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
Wife and Son Landed on Nov 22, 2011.
sovo said:
In the request for new med letter, do they set the date for the medical or do we contact IOM and set a date with IOM. So they asked for an updated police certificate?

Thanks

No, they dont make the appointment for you, this is how we did it, from start when i was in vietnam with my wife after marriage, we we so fustrated with the vietnamese people at the canadian embassy because what they do is make you go here and there and there and here, and if you dont know anything they will keep doing it and at the end they just wanted money and they wont say it. *money wasnt a problem but they dont say it and make you go to places that were useless* so after we got all our vietnamese certs like marriage certs and so on. i had to go to the Canadian embassy to get my proof of single status, and so on. but after we went to IOM and paid 80$ or 100$ US and they handle everything for your wife until she gets a plane ticket and leaves vietnam and they will close her file, you can call IOM and tell them you've received a letter from singapore and they will tell you to just come in. and you wait and get Meds done and they will send it off to singapore. but you can also do it at other DMP to your liking on the letter. but IOM is much easier for us.

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
I got the letter requesting to redo the medical exam. Our appoinment was for June 30th in Hanoi. Test done with no problems. Waiting for next step( Passport Request????) . Thought I would keep you guys updated with my story.....

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
You sponsoring a spouse or other family member?

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
lenardparnold said:
You sponsoring a spouse or other family member?
I am sponsoring my Spouse from Vietnam

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
i think i have bad news.today i asked them why it's taking so long?

this is what they reply

Please note that all files are processed in chronicle order and

"Please be advised that applications which require interview fall outside normal processing standards. The current queue for an interview is approximately 24 months. While your application is awaiting interview, we will not accept, respond to, or attach to your file any correspondence, except: change of address or contact information, including change of e-mail address; change of immigration representative; change of marital status or family composition; request for withdrawal of your application."

then i send them another email "is this mean our application require interview?"

they reply

The given info is for applicant to note and possibly of cases fall out of schedule.

As for your case, it's still in queue awaiting reviewing by analyse. He/She will inform applicant regarding further instructions once file is screened.
Please wait to hear from our office.

they are making my life horrible. plz tell me something about it. what do you guys think about their comment

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shafin said:
i think i have bad news.today i asked them why it's taking so long?

this is what they reply

Please note that all files are processed in chronicle order and

"Please be advised that applications which require interview fall outside normal processing standards. The current queue for an interview is approximately 24 months. While your application is awaiting interview, we will not accept, respond to, or attach to your file any correspondence, except: change of address or contact information, including change of e-mail address; change of immigration representative; change of marital status or family composition; request for withdrawal of your application."

then i send them another email "is this mean our application require interview?"

they reply

The given info is for applicant to note and possibly of cases fall out of schedule.

As for your case, it's still in queue awaiting reviewing by analyse. He/She will inform applicant regarding further instructions once file is screened.
Please wait to hear from our office.

they are making my life horrible. plz tell me something about it. what do you guys think about their comment
In my opinion, I think they gave you just a general idea for the people who out of normal time line .

For your case I think they haven't reviewed your file yet.( haven't opened it yet)

So, Don't worry

As far as I know , right now they are working on October,November 2010 applications( according to Thai forum and this forum)
Your case will say " in process" soon.

Cheers :)

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
hello-kitty said:
In my opinion, I think they gave you just a general idea for the people who out of normal time line .

For your case I think they haven't reviewed your file yet.( haven't opened it yet)

So, Don't worry

As far as I know , right now they are working on October,November 2010 applications( according to Thai forum and this forum)
Your case will say " in process" soon.

Cheers :)
thanks for your kind word. i hope so.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
shafin how are you getting such quick replies?? i haven't got a single reply from them yet and have emailed quite a few times.. i just wanted to get the file number atleast :(

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
blues said:
shafin how are you getting such quick replies?? i haven't got a single reply from them yet and have emailed quite a few times.. i just wanted to get the file number atleast :(
blues,
i always use this format. hope it will help. just tell them you want to send additional document or something. you need his file number. they always reply my email. but now i think it's not a good idea to bother them. i will not ask them anything anymore.

subject: Regarding my wife's PR application

Full name: my wife's name
Date of birth:
Mailing address:

Email address:
Telephone number:
Nationality:

my name (sponsor)
client id#

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
shafin: i have been using that format since u had told me about it a while back.. but with no luck. i emailed saying i need to send some additional documents im hoping i will hear something from them this time..

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
blues said:
shafin: i have been using that format since u had told me about it a while back.. but with no luck. i emailed saying i need to send some additional documents im hoping i will hear something from them this time..
i think you should not worry too much about his file number. you can log in to e-cas with your client id. it's same thing. this is almost over. may be one or two more month maximum. just pray that no one get interview from this forum.