+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
Skystar said:
I don't understand what you are saying but I received a letter from SVO and it took two weeks. And it was registered mail
Hi Skystar,

Is it Bangladesh post office who delivered the letter? or DHl, FEDEX etc?

Thank you

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
Hasan9999 said:
I think they waived your interview. Let's hope for the best. Thanks for your feedback. I am waiting for another GCMS note by end Nov, Also sent out TRV application this week for the second time.
Hi Hassan9999,

On what basis they wave the interview? Recently I have been notified that I am in interview list and they said that I cannot add any documents. So what are the options to motivate them waive the interview?

Also, do you think it is a good idea to apply for TRV while PR application is on interview list?

Thank you.

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
N/A. Decision Made: 02 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
29 oct 2015. Passport Sent : 01 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
06 Nov 2015 Passport received: 01 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
In December.
zislam500 said:
Hi Skystar,

Is it Bangladesh post office who delivered the letter? or DHl, FEDEX etc?

Thank you
Hey zislam500! Ya it was bd post office who delivered

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
zislam500 said:
Hi Hassan9999,

On what basis they wave the interview? Recently I have been notified that I am in interview list and they said that I cannot add any documents. So what are the options to motivate them waive the interview?

Also, do you think it is a good idea to apply for TRV while PR application is on interview list?

Thank you.
That was my guess that they waived his interview because the case changed status to IP with medical request etc. Also after long period they didn't inform about the interview date. Recent GCMS note might reveal some information about any progress towards positive decision.

Yes applying for TRV is a plus point even if you might get a negative decision. You have the ample opportunity to substantiate with important document and supporting papers to convince the VO. Recently I have also submitted TRV application for the second time after one year.All the best.

BethMartin

Jun 29, 2014
Hi Everyone,

First of all congratulations to those of you who have received good news recently! :D

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on the Family Class application process.

I'm looking for people to participate in an anonymous online survey about their experiences of the application process to sponsor family members. My goal is that the results can be used for advocacy to make improvements to the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey - the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I already have. Unfortunately I haven't heard from many people who are going through the VO in Singapore, so that's why I'm posting in this thread.

So if any of you are interested in telling me about your experiences with, and recommendations for, the sponsorship process I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a button to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and to those of you still waiting, good luck with your applications! :)

STSM

Oct 19, 2015
Hasan9999 said:
That was my guess that they waived his interview because the case changed status to IP with medical request etc. Also after long period they didn't inform about the interview date. Recent GCMS note might reveal some information about any progress towards positive decision.

Yes applying for TRV is a plus point even if you might get a negative decision. You have the ample opportunity to substantiate with important document and supporting papers to convince the VO. Recently I have also submitted TRV application for the second time after one year.All the best.
interview was waived. I got the GCMS note and it says the interview was waived because the visa officer was satisfied after reviewing my additional docs (travel doc, pic, etc). Even though they asked us not to submit any more paper I did it anyway since there was not update after 16 months since I got the first interview letter. I was refused for TRV twice. you never know what will work for you.

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In December.
Guys! Finally waiting days are over. Singapore visa office sent my passport. I'll receive it very soon. Maybe in Sunday or Monday

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
And we're done!!! 8)

Received the COPR and passport back from CPC-Ottawa today. Going to flagpole at Coutts this weekend (or maybe check out Cour D'Alene for a day). Application received June 17.....5 months, 10 days (by the calendar) to this point....a nice early Christmas prezzie!

vinhnguyen

Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 29 2015
File Transfer...
Nov-24-2015-On process: Nov-24-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
received
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Skystar said:
Guys! Finally waiting days are over. Singapore visa office sent my passport. I'll receive it very soon. Maybe in Sunday or Monday
Great!!!
Congratulation!!!

vinhnguyen

Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 29 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
received
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello, everyone

I like to have the opinions about-Singapore Visa Office: if the online status changed to " we started processing..."

I saw " We started processing XXX's application on November 24, 2015 "
How long would it take to have PPR?

Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
vinhnguyen said:
Hello, everyone

I like to have the opinions about-Singapore Visa Office: if the online status changed to " we started processing..."

I saw " We started processing XXX's application on November 24, 2015 "
How long would it take to have PPR?

Thanks
Things are moving rapidly in SVO for complete applications as you can see here. If you are free of any questions and concerns, you may expect within three months, I guess. All the best.

vinhnguyen

Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 29 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
received
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hasan9999 said:
Things are moving rapidly in SVO for complete applications as you can see here. If you are free of any questions and concerns, you may expect within three months, I guess. All the best.
I feel better while waiting-
I like to know what is the different between the "ATIP" and " GCMS "

Thanks

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In December.

smak02

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2014
Med's Done....
01-09-2014, second: 28-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
26-10-2016
Hasan9999 said:
I think they waived your interview. Let's hope for the best. Thanks for your feedback. I am waiting for another GCMS note by end Nov, Also sent out TRV application this week for the second time.
What is meaning of TRV, please.