+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Tdot123

Aug 20, 2014
Questions to everyone who received GCMS notes.

I applied for first set of notes on August 21 and received them today. Have a few question -

Summary of notes:

Assessments: Eligibility: Not Started; Security: Not Started; Criminality: Not Started; Medical: Passed (as of May 2014)
Eligibility Assessment 1: Status: Not Started

Notes from Mississauga says: Sponsor's first marriage, no other sponsorship on file, sponsor meets eligibility.

It also says: No biodata on back of at least one photograph of PA.

Based on this, do you guys think I am on the right track?

Tdot123

Aug 20, 2014
Tdot123 said:

I applied for first set of notes on August 21 and received them today. Have a few question -

Summary of notes:

Assessments: Eligibility: Not Started; Security: Not Started; Criminality: Not Started; Medical: Passed (as of May 2014)

Notes from Mississauga says: Sponsor's first marriage, no other sponsorship on file, sponsor meets eligibility.

Also was wondering if INFO SHARING is a standard section? It says

Type: Biographic
Partner: USA

Did you guys have that in your GCMS too?

Karen Ong

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9,2014
Nomination.....
SA: June 25,2014
AOR Received.
ECAS-in process: October 7,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 9,2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM Dec 22,2014, Issued on Dec23,2014
LANDED..........
March 1, 2015
fandv said:
Hi Karen :)

Welcome to this great forum!!

Without meaning to rain on your parade, I would say that it's too early to expect to get a passport request at this time, considering that you guys only submitted the application in July and got the sponsorship approval last month.

Just to give you an idea, my wife and I submitted our application in January 2013, and my wife got her passport request almost 13 months later, in February 2014...and I would say that my wife's timeline is more or less average (caz there are others who've got it much earlier, and also much later.)

But some people do get exceptionally lucky.....someone here by the name of MikeyMike is sponsoring his Vietnamese wife to Canada, and she got the passport request after just 5,5 months since submitting the application. So if you got as lucky as she, you can expect to get your PPR sometime in Dec 2014 or Jan 2015....but even if not, don't get discouraged as it is normal to face delays when dealing with the Singapore office... =P

Hi! thanks for the reply :) I guess I'm just excited to check our application status.. now I know better after reading some of the posts here :)
I'm just concerned how will i know if SVO received our application? Our PR application status is "application received, then medical results have been received since last Aug 6 2014. I know that it takes time but should we expect to receive an email if SVO received our application? Thanks in advance :)

rhtareq

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
I sent my spousal sponsorship application through DHL from Bangladesh, because currently I am living with my husband in Bangladesh. Today I got a text from DHL stating that my file has been delivered. So my question is how will I know that cic received my application? Will they contact us via mail? If so, how many days would it take them to inform us?

arefinster

Feb 27, 2013
Hello all,

This may be an off-topic question, but wanted to ask:: What would be the safest airline to travel from Bangladesh to Toronto. We are particularly looking at Turkish Airlines as it takes the quickest flight time, we are still concerned about the current warfare in the middleast. Does anybody know how can I find out about the safety of the airliner service?

Thanks in advance.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
arefinster said:
Hello all,

This may be an off-topic question, but wanted to ask:: What would be the safest airline to travel from Bangladesh to Toronto. We are particularly looking at Turkish Airlines as it takes the quickest flight time, we are still concerned about the current warfare in the middleast. Does anybody know how can I find out about the safety of the airliner service?

Thanks in advance.

Arefinste

All the prominent airlines are safe.

People look at the fare when buy ticket. Look for cheap fare.

People care about inflight sevices and shortest flight hours.

Turkish airlines is good provided they give ticket on sale in this season.

Shaw

jannatul.ferdousi.al

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
29/03/2014
File Transfer...
07/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/08/ 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2014
Hi Shaw,
My ECAS showing still in process.:( one month passed. hoping just won't have to wait tooo long. I'm just optimistic :)

Shaw said:
What is hoping ?

Is "Decision made" in online in ecas ?

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Tdot123 said:
Also was wondering if INFO SHARING is a standard section? It says

Type: Biographic
Partner: USA

Did you guys have that in your GCMS too?
Hi,

Don't be perplexed. Those info are normal.

Even, mine one has that too. I think ( NOT SURE though), the purpose of Info sharing with US is to identify whether or not PA has committed any offense in US.
Underneath that ifo, there's also Matched Record, which should be null.

DrmBig

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
rhtareq said:
I sent my spousal sponsorship application through DHL from Bangladesh, because currently I am living with my husband in Bangladesh. Today I got a text from DHL stating that my file has been delivered. So my question is how will I know that cic received my application? Will they contact us via mail? If so, how many days would it take them to inform us?

CIC will open your package most after ~30/40 days from the delivery time. For some people, it sends out both the acknowledgement and sponsorship approval at the time time, for others there is couple of days apart in between.

For out land applicant, currently CIC is assessing thh application received on late July. You can check the status here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

jannatul.ferdousi.al

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
29/03/2014
File Transfer...
07/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/08/ 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2014
Turkish airlines has maximum chance to miss Toronto flight. At Istanbul most of the flight which come from Dhaka are delayed. As a result you have to stay night in a hotel. In order to stay at Istanbul you have to take Turkish visa from airport which cost you $20 for Bangladeshi Citizen and $60 for Canadian Citizen.

arefinster said:
Hello all,

Thanks in advance.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Tdot123 said:

Summary of notes:

Based on your notes, SVO has not received /touched your file yet.

Btw, there is one outstanding item from you, which you should address as soon as you get the file number.

Pertaining to "No biodata on back of at least one photograph of PA"

Based on the note, they were expecting to have the PA's name and DOB written on one of the submitted photographs. Have you checked the country specific guide to find out the exact requirements for submitted photo?

Tdot123

Aug 20, 2014
DrmBig said:
Hi,

Don't be perplexed. Those info are normal.

Even, mine one has that too. I think ( NOT SURE though), the purpose of Info sharing with US is to identify whether or not PA has committed any offense in US.
Underneath that ifo, there's also Matched Record, which should be null.

DrmBig
Thanks buddy, that's a relief. Yes, matched record is null underneath. I was concerned about the status code NRT, was wondering what that stands for.

Regarding photo signing, that was not a stated requirement as far as I know? However, I will send an email asking if I should send photos with signature in the mean time.

Hoping they will start processing my application soon as the file for transferred to SVO in March after sponsorship was granted.

Tdot123

Aug 20, 2014
jannatul.ferdousi.al said:
Turkish airlines has maximum chance to miss Toronto flight. At Istanbul most of the flight which come from Dhaka are delayed. As a result you have to stay night in a hotel. In order to stay at Istanbul you have to take Turkish visa from airport which cost you $20 for Bangladeshi Citizen and $60 for Canadian Citizen.
My flight from Dhaka to Toronto was delayed in January too and I had to stay in Turkey for an extra day. Saudia is not a bad option for the price. I flew with them in June from Dhaka to Toronto and it wasn't bad at all.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
jannatul.ferdousi.al said:
Hi Shaw,
My ECAS showing still in process.:( one month passed. hoping just won't have to wait tooo long. I'm just optimistic :)

Hi Jannatul Ferdousi

I honestly pray that you get visa quickly ( As I have also interest in that they will issue visas to rest of us with you), but I see from 2 posts that they are waiting for almost 3 months, no change to "Decision Made". So I am mentally prepared for a long wait. What else we can do ?

VOs will definite issues all pending visas before going to Christmas vacation !

Please keep in touch.

Shaw

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Shaw said:
Hi Jannatul Ferdousi

I honestly pray that you get visa quickly ( As I have also interest in that they will issue visas to rest of us with you), but I see from 2 posts that they are waiting for almost 3 months, no change to "Decision Made". So I am mentally prepared for a long wait. What else we can do ?

VOs will definite issues all pending visas before going to Christmas vacation !

Please keep in touch.

Shaw
My wife got her passport, visa, and COPR, about 34 days after her eCAS status changed to "Decision Made". If it's been 2 months (or more) since you guys got "Decision Made" and you still haven't received anything back, I highly suggest that you guys get your sponsor to request an MP to inquire about the status of your application. Usually an MP's office responds with an answer within 2 to 5 business days (at least that's how my MP was. She was able to find out from the Singapore VO, that my wife's documents had been delivered. Amazingly the MP was also able to obtain the tracking number of the package too (it was being returned via registered mail), so my wife was able to closely monitor the movement of the package.)

Wish you all the best guys!