File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
2nd 26-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
Beside red flags, SVO give points to the person you are sponsoring.
If you are sponsored person and you are young, you have good background, high level of education, or a professional job => you have higher score than the others => for sure your application takes less time.

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to "In Process"
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent via VFS on 14 Jun 2014
For my wife I received a letter in the registered mail for her passport, re-medical, police certificate, photos, Appendix A and Schedule A. The date was May 12, 2014 and she has to do her medical within 10 days. They might have just mailed this request to my Canadian address as they returned all the photos we gave as proof of our relationship.

I have a few things to know. Please help me someone (a Bangladeshi might be great).

1) Will the doctor send the medical report electronically? Or we have to send it with her passport at the VFS office in Bangladesh.
2) Can we submit the passport together with her police certificate, Appendix A, photos and Schedule A?
3) Is the Schedule A (Background/Declaration) the same as we submitted for her before? Do they want a copy with new info?
4) At any point, does the sponsor have to sign anything? I live in Canada, it's not very convenient documents going back and forth.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Congrats first of all!!!!

Here's my two cents: Seniors, correct me If I am wrong.

For my wife I received a letter in the registered mail for her passport, re-medical, police certificate, photos, Appendix A and Schedule A. The date was May 12, 2014 and she has to do her medical within 10 days. They might have just mailed this request to my Canadian address as they returned all the photos we gave as proof of our relationship.

I have a few things to know. Please help me someone (a Bangladeshi might be great).

1) Will the doctor send the medical report electronically? Or we have to send it with her passport at the VFS office in Bangladesh.
<DrmBig> The doctor will send electronically and will give you a paper only which you've to send along with other requested documents.
2) Can we submit the passport together with her police certificate, Appendix A, photos and Schedule A?
<DrmBig> I think, you've to send all requested doc together otherwise visa won't be issued until you provide all.
3) Is the Schedule A (Background/Declaration) the same as we submitted for her before? Do they want a copy with new info?
<DrmBig> Yes, the same form but they want a newly filled one (obviously, make sure that you are using the latest version).
4) At any point, does the sponsor have to sign anything? I live in Canada, it's not very convenient documents going back and forth.
<DrmBig> I don't think, sponsor need to sign on any doc they requested.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
One more thing, haven't you provided email address?

I thought email is the preferred method of communication..May be , they used the snail mail to return the photo

Kamloops said:

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to &quot;In Process&quot;
VISA ISSUED...
DrmBig said:
One more thing, haven't you provided email address?

I thought email is the preferred method of communication..May be , they used the snail mail to return the photo
Yes I provided them with my email address to which I received a couple of acknowledgement letters before. But I do not know why they would choose mailing the request. Emailing could give us 3 more weeks. Anyways, we are happy. At least we got the request.

THANKS for your responses.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Kamloops said:

Kamloop

Which address SVO send the mail ? In canadian address ?

Please rush immediately for Police clearence certificate as it will take 7 days to get.

Also don't leave any gap of time in filling the Schedule A form at Personal History col 8.

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Shaw said:
Kamloop

Which address SVO send the mail ? In canadian address ?

Please rush immediately for Police clearence certificate as it will take 7 days to get.

Also don't leave any gap of time in filling the Schedule A form at Personal History col 8.
Yes the mail together with photos of wedding/honeymoon was sent to my Canadian address. It took about 16 days to arrive. As for Schedule A, can she use the same information given in the original application? All we need is information to date from the day of application (June 2013).

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Kamloops said:
Yes the mail together with photos of wedding/honeymoon was sent to my Canadian address. It took about 16 days to arrive. As for Schedule A, can she use the same information given in the original application? All we need is information to date from the day of application (June 2013).
Look carefully did VO from singapore return your submitted Schedule A ? If so, look that they mentioned any thing how to fill up the Schedule A form. Otherwise use your same information, but becareful that in Col 8 there should not be any time gap.

Watch the warning there : Failure to account for all time period will result is delay in processing of your application.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
loveoflife said:
Sorry to hear about,
I hope your PR visa will come to the destination soon,
Best regards,
Thank you.

Big Jump

Sep 23, 2011
We will be sending in our package with the passport very shortly. Very excited to be at this step, and genuinely hoping that all other applications are moving along smoothly.

Two questions:

1) Poster mentioned a paper from the doctor. We never received one at re-medical. We just need to fill out the attached medical from from the package right? (Doctor's name, Address, Application number, etc.)

2) My husband had to get a new passport as his was expiring in 8 months. Do we need to acknowledge this in any formal way or merely send the new passport with the application?

Thank you so much for anyone that can help.

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Shaw said:
Look carefully did VO from singapore return your submitted Schedule A ? If so, look that they mentioned any thing how to fill up the Schedule A form. Otherwise use your same information, but becareful that in Col 8 there should not be any time gap.

Watch the warning there : Failure to account for all time period will result is delay in processing of your application.
Thanks so much for your information. It really helps. NO, Singapore did not return the submitted Schedule A. In the letter, it says to download IMM 5669 (Schedule A) from the CIC website and to "complete with up-to-date information" by her, also by spouse/kids (that's not applicable).

In column 8 in the submitted form, we just gave only 1 info. She was a 2rd year university student. So we wrote in column 8, since her 18th birthday, 2010-July to present (June 2013). She is still studying at the same university. So we will again write 2010- July to present since nothing has changed.

Shaw, I am sending you a private message. Please respond to it. Thanks.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Big Jump said:
We will be sending in our package with the passport very shortly. Very excited to be at this step, and genuinely hoping that all other applications are moving along smoothly.

Two questions:

1) Poster mentioned a paper from the doctor. We never received one at re-medical. We just need to fill out the attached medical from from the package right? (Doctor's name, Address, Application number, etc.)

2) My husband had to get a new passport as his was expiring in 8 months. Do we need to acknowledge this in any formal way or merely send the new passport with the application?

Thank you so much for anyone that can help.
1) Better write to SVO to get clarification as it is confusing which medical paper to submit. E-medical system instantly sends report to the concerned authority directly by the designated doctor. I just got a money receipt in local currency. You may contact your designated doctor's office for information.
2) Passport can be renewed by your country's embassy in Canada in case you don't have to renew now. Check with the passport office.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
cdnmom said:
You can go to Canada and leave the country again after 2 weeks... however you won't have your PR card within 2 weeks of landing in Canada as it takes approximately 6-8 weeks to receive. So you will have to apply for a travel document to get back into Canada

You can land anywhere in Canada... It doesn't have to be where you are going to live permanently
Better get PR card and then travel.

Toronto12345

May 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
18-12-2013
File Transfer...
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
passport sent to svo on 22/06/14. Decision Made 25/07/2014. Passport picked up 12/08/2014
LANDED..........
Sometime in September
seekingtobeunited said:
It took my wife from Bangladesh three months to get visa after status change to "in process". By the way i had to wait 11 months for status change to in process. Good job! They will ask you to submit the passport if they haven't already.
Thank you my friend. :)

maikan

Jan 30, 2013
Hi,

A few days ago we received a passport request from the Singapore office (my wife is Thai). This is very good news! We sent the application in September 2013, so it took just about 9 months, and we waived the interview. :)

Now, the instructions for sending the passport and last documents are not so clear, and your help would be much appreciated.

On the standard letter we received, it says we need to provide a police certificate. The thing is, we provided one with our application already. The certificate was issued in August 2013, so it should still be valid. We don't need to get a new one, right??

I have another question about the way to send passport and documents to the High Commission of Canada. On the letter it says we may use the Canada Visa Application Center in Bangkok. Problem is, we don't live in Bangkok, we live in Chiang Mai, in Northern Thailand... Can we just send everything through a private courrier? And if we do so, will the High Commission be willing to send the passport (with visa :)) directly back to our home?

Thanks for your time guys.