Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
fahimm said:
So far, I mailed my application package on april 28th, CIC Mississauga Received the package on april 30th according to canada post tracking.
Thanks bud. All the best.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Nazmus said:
Hi Everyone,
It has been a while since I was here on the forum. Would like to share some good news with you all, to give you hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. My wife is with me since january on a tourist visa. That's not the good news. The good news is the Singapore office has sent her a letter in Bangladesh asking for her passport, 4 immigration pics, police clearance and medical. They also stated that once they receive all the documents they will issue the PR Visa within 30 days. As you guys can see in my timeline that it only took less than 11 months for them to process everything. Which means that if papers and documents are submitted correctly things can be done faster.

Now, I need you guys to advice me on this. Does my wife really need to get the medical again? She doesn't want to go through unneccessary radiation from X-Rays, plus it will be a complete waste of $650. On the letter they stated that if they don't receive the new medical results within 30 days, they will proceed with the old results, which MAY result in the refusal of PR visa. Which I highly doubt. So, please advice. Thanks and good luck to you all.
Congrats!!!! You must be one of the luckiest one..glad for you.

As far I know, medical result is valid for 1 years: still they are asking for new med??

Btw, could you share what relationship proof you provided and your spouse tourist visa application experience? I heard that getting tourist visa during processing is almost impossible..

Congrats again!

M

mikeymyke

Nazmus said:
Hi Everyone,
It has been a while since I was here on the forum. Would like to share some good news with you all, to give you hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. My wife is with me since january on a tourist visa. That's not the good news. The good news is the Singapore office has sent her a letter in Bangladesh asking for her passport, 4 immigration pics, police clearance and medical. They also stated that once they receive all the documents they will issue the PR Visa within 30 days. As you guys can see in my timeline that it only took less than 11 months for them to process everything. Which means that if papers and documents are submitted correctly things can be done faster.

Now, I need you guys to advice me on this. Does my wife really need to get the medical again? She doesn't want to go through unneccessary radiation from X-Rays, plus it will be a complete waste of $650. On the letter they stated that if they don't receive the new medical results within 30 days, they will proceed with the old results, which MAY result in the refusal of PR visa. Which I highly doubt. So, please advice. Thanks and good luck to you all.
Hi Nazmus,

I too, would also like to know what documents your wife submitted to get a visitor visa? What does her background/travel history look like?

Haha so funny, you actually posted a question last year, you were concerned about the processing time, but I told you it won't take so long if you have a solid application, and it looks like you put together a good package, now you got PPR in under a year :D

Nazmus

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-07-2013
Med's Request
08-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2014
LANDED..........
24-09-2014
Well, my wife was refused TRV the first time on the grounds that she didn't provide sufficient documents supporting that she would come back to Bangladesh and etc. She applied second time online and provided all the documents that they asked by uploading them in PDF form. They ask about 13 types of documentation, some of them are repetitive. Anyways, she showed that she has got a contractual job in Bangladesh and provided pay stubs and letter of employment etc. Most importantly she targeted to visit only for 2 weeks during her time off work and to celebrate her and my sons birthday together with me. I am definitely one of the lucky ones, Cause my brother in law got refused 3 times in a row for TRV despite providing all the documents and more. I guess sometimes it depends on the visa officer.

It has been more than a year for my wifes medical. I guess she will need to do it again.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Nazmus said:
Well, my wife was refused TRV the first time on the grounds that she didn't provide sufficient documents supporting that she would come back to Bangladesh and etc. She applied second time online and provided all the documents that they asked by uploading them in PDF form. They ask about 13 types of documentation, some of them are repetitive. Anyways, she showed that she has got a contractual job in Bangladesh and provided pay stubs and letter of employment etc. Most importantly she targeted to visit only for 2 weeks during her time off work and to celebrate her and my sons birthday together with me. I am definitely one of the lucky ones, Cause my brother in law got refused 3 times in a row for TRV despite providing all the documents and more. I guess sometimes it depends on the visa officer.

It has been more than a year for my wifes medical. I guess she will need to do it again.
Hi Nazmus, Congrats and advice that give SVO all the documents including re-medical they asked for, otherwise they will just refuse your wife's PR visa and you have to re-apply again.

They have asked all the documents including re-medical on legal grounds. Becareful, these VOs go by laws. They have to answer it in appelle on legal ground, not like Bangladeshi officials.

Shaw

M

mikeymyke

I think one of the big factors is she only asks for a couple weeks. Too many people want months. My wife will plan to apply for a visitor visa in August. I told her to apply for 3 weeks only, and just leave after 3 weeks, even if they grant her 6 months stay, to show definitively she was a genuine visitor, which will be helpful should she want to visit me again in the future.

timeline30

Aug 24, 2012
Hello All,

Finally some good news.... I got my passport back today... would be flying around the 11th of june to Calgary. Need help regarding the following questions:

1. If I go to Canada and come back within two weeks will that be a problem?
2. On the papers accompanying my passport it was mentioned that my destination is Ottawa. If I go to Calgary on my first visit will that create a problem? Can I complete my immigration formalities at Calgary?

Lastly, a big thank you to you all for being there when I needed your help the most.

seekingtobeunited

Apr 2, 2013
I have some very good news to share. Today, my wife received her passport back through the Dhaka VFS. We submitted the passport on March 27 and "Decision Made" on May 24 and received the passport with COPR on May 29. It seems like it is taking 8 weeks to return the passport with the COPR from Singapore.

Thank you guys for you all your help. Through our discussions, you guys have certainly made the long wait more bearable! I hope that you also get your responses soon inshallah.

Regards.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
timeline30 said:
Hello All,

Finally some good news.... I got my passport back today... would be flying around the 11th of june to Calgary. Need help regarding the following questions:

2. On the papers accompanying my passport it was mentioned that my destination is Ottawa. If I go to Calgary on my first visit will that create a problem? Can I complete my immigration formalities at Calgary?

Lastly, a big thank you to you all for being there when I needed your help the most.
You can go to Canada and leave the country again after 2 weeks... however you won't have your PR card within 2 weeks of landing in Canada as it takes approximately 6-8 weeks to receive. So you will have to apply for a travel document to get back into Canada

You can land anywhere in Canada... It doesn't have to be where you are going to live permanently

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Congratulations to all receiving good news from SVO whether it be passports being received or updates on ECAS
;D :D

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
timeline30 said:
Hello All,

You can land in any airport of canada and complete your formalities of Permanent Residency at any Immigration point. But before you leave Canada you should have a PR card which you will need to re-enter in Canada. So at the Immigration at the airport you should give a correct Canadian address where your PR card will reach and your family members live there should mail it securely to you so that you can re-enter canada with that PR card.

Believe_Miracles

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
God Willing Soon
LANDED..........
God Willing!!
Hi guys just an update: I received my SA: ;D :D :)

Here's my timeline just as a reminder:

Application received and signed for April 7th,2014.
AOR: May 25th
SA: May 30th
Application sent to VSO Singapore(which is the one for my husband).

So guys anyone else received good news?
Thanks for all the tips and help and lets pray things go smoothly and dear God no backlogs like this time for us April Applicants :)

polash

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2013
Doc's Request.
02-August-2013
AOR Received.
June 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2014
Med's Done....
May 25, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014 (passport submitted on 26th May, at VFS Dhaka)
VISA ISSUED...
July 7, 2014 (expired on May 24, 2015)
Nazmus said:
Hi Everyone,

Hi,

My wife did her re-med on 25th May, and charged 1800 Taka. your wife must go for re-med otherwise might refuse PR Visa by SVO.

timeline30

Aug 24, 2012
cdI almom said:
You can go to Canada and leave the country again after 2 weeks... however yissueu won't have your PR card within 2 weeks of landing in Canada as it takes approximately 6-8 weeks to receive. So you will have to apply for a travel document to get back into Canada

You can land anywhere in Canada... It doesn't have to be where you are going to live permanently
Thanks a lot ...i still have a valid tourist visa on the passport as well..so I can use that to get in later. What happens after I land in canada? Do they issue a visa again on the passport at the airport? Or will they just issue the pr card which entitles me re enter canada?

benstu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
01-05-2012, re-med: 05-2014
Interview........
Letter:15-12-2012, Interview 04-2014
Passport Req..
25-05-2014, Submit Jun 4th through VFS DHAKA
VISA ISSUED...
July 4,2014
LANDED..........
Aug 3,2014
Once your spouse lands here with a Immigrant Visa, her status changes in Canada.
And if you try to re-enter Canada back with a tourist visa, her status will be flagged back to "Visitor" from "immigrant". So, it would not safe practice.

timeline30 said:
Thanks a lot ...i still have a valid tourist visa on the passport as well..so I can use that to get in later. What happens after I land in canada? Do they issue a visa again on the passport at the airport? Or will they just issue the pr card which entitles me re enter canada?