Med's Done....
01-2013
fandv said:
Hey guys,

***NEWS!!!***

First of all, my timeline is as follows:

Application sent: 22 Jan 2013

Application received by CPC-M: 30 Jan 2013

I should've got an AOR from CPC-M sometime around Feb 2013, but I never did because our application forms mysteriously disappeared and never reached CPC-M (thankfully our relationship proofs got there just fine though, and in mid-March 2013 a CPC-M officer called me to instruct me to redo and resend the application forms to CPC-M, addressed to her. She also said that in the meantime she would keep our relationship proofs in her office, and would join them with the redone forms that I was supposed to send her)

12 April 2013 we sent the redone application forms to CPC-M, addressed to that officer who called me and kept our relationship proofs

17 April 2013 I got an email from CPC-M, notifying that I was approved to sponsor my wife. The email mentioned about the file transfer to the Singapore visa office as well

25 April 2013 my wife got an AOR from the Singapore visa office, notifying that they got our paperwork from CPC-M

Since 25 April 2013 till yesterday (4 Feb 2014), nothing happened....my wife's eCAS has been showing "Application Received".

And ***FINALLY*** today (5 Feb 2014) my wife got an email from CHC Singapore, requesting her to do the 2nd medical exam within 60 days from today. That's all the email said, and nothing else.

But I'm a bit concerned:

- How come there's no passport request? Does that mean they're still trying to assess our relationship proofs? o_O

- What's the likelihood of my wife's having to be interviewed?

- How come there's no request for my wife's 2nd police clearance?
When they ask for re medical means the interview has been waived and your spouse is approved as a family member to join you. After passing the eligibility there is three more steps before passport request; Medical,Security and Criminal checks. Sometimes they do the security and criminal checks before medical then they will ask for passport and medical at the same time . For police certificate it depends on officer, they may or may not ask for police certificate. don't worry your case is going just fine.
ecase is not reliable at all.

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2013, sent and accepted in Singapore January 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
With regard to when ecas will change to "in process" and how reliable it is, we received a passport request with remedical and police check request, completed everything, sent off the passport and documents, which were accepted and signed for in Singapore two weeks ago, our remedical has been accepted, and we are still "application received." I'm sure someone has just forgotten to change it but its driving me crazy! I've been looking at this same status for more than a year. The point is, ecas is not necessarily a very good indicator of how your case is going.

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014
Cangguru said:
With regard to when ecas will change to "in process" and how reliable it is, we received a passport request with remedical and police check request, completed everything, sent off the passport and documents, which were accepted and signed for in Singapore two weeks ago, our remedical has been accepted, and we are still "application received." I'm sure someone has just forgotten to change it but its driving me crazy! I've been looking at this same status for more than a year. The point is, ecas is not necessarily a very good indicator of how your case is going.
Yes, you are quite correct. It is not a good indicator. Immigration Canada is almost, ALMOST, as frustrating as Rogers Wireless. :)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Hi guys....please take a look at this random Indonesian police certificate I got from Google Images:

http://dc172.4shared.com/img/_xauzt6D/s3/138e8580558/SKCK.jpg

The CIC's rule is that documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a sworn translation, an affidavit (written by the translator) and a certified copy.

My wife's from Indonesia, and assuming she does have to provide a 2nd police clearance, I wonder if we should get its sworn translation and certified copy? Because as you can clearly see from the above image, an Indonesian police certificate has bilingual Indonesian/English captions.....

Any thoughts?

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
fandv said:
Hey guys,

***NEWS!!!***

I should've got an AOR from CPC-M sometime around Feb 2013, but I never did because our application forms mysteriously disappeared and never reached CPC-M (thankfully our relationship proofs got there just fine though, and in mid-March 2013 a CPC-M officer called me to instruct me to redo and resend the application forms to CPC-M, addressed to her. She also said that in the meantime she would keep our relationship proofs in her office, and would join them with the redone forms that I was supposed to send her)

12 April 2013 we sent the redone application forms to CPC-M, addressed to that officer who called me and kept our relationship proofs

17 April 2013 I got an email from CPC-M, notifying that I was approved to sponsor my wife. The email mentioned about the file transfer to the Singapore visa office as well

25 April 2013 my wife got an AOR from the Singapore visa office, notifying that they got our paperwork from CPC-M

Since 25 April 2013 till yesterday (4 Feb 2014), nothing happened....my wife's eCAS has been showing "Application Received".

And ***FINALLY*** today (5 Feb 2014) my wife got an email from CHC Singapore, requesting her to do the 2nd medical exam within 60 days from today. That's all the email said, and nothing else.

But I'm a bit concerned:

- How come there's no passport request? Does that mean they're still trying to assess our relationship proofs? o_O

Hey buddy,
Your timeline is very much like mine, except I filed my application on 31st dec 2012, and got my passport request with remedical on January 14, 2014. now my eCase showing in process, and when you click on "in process" it says they have received my medical recently. keeping my fingures crossed and praying to hear the good news...

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
fandv said:
Hey guys,

***NEWS!!!***

But I'm a bit concerned:

Ecas does not update immediately. It takes 3 days to update. Wait three days then you will see In Process . In my case i saw all my update was SUNDAY 1 AM EST. Hope it helps

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
mirjahan said:
Ecas does not update immediately. It takes 3 days to update. Wait three days then you will see In Process . In my case i saw all my update was SUNDAY 1 AM EST. Hope it helps
Im getting all my updates on eCase on Tuesday.. and I believe cic updates it once every week.

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2013, sent and accepted in Singapore January 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
fandv said:
Hi guys....please take a look at this random Indonesian police certificate I got from Google Images:

http://dc172.4shared.com/img/_xauzt6D/s3/138e8580558/SKCK.jpg

The CIC's rule is that documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a sworn translation, an affidavit (written by the translator) and a certified copy.

My wife's from Indonesia, and assuming she does have to provide a 2nd police clearance, I wonder if we should get its sworn translation and certified copy? Because as you can clearly see from the above image, an Indonesian police certificate has bilingual Indonesian/English captions.....

Any thoughts?
That should be acceptable. It's the police certificate that we used (it took ten minutes the first time and weeks the second, along with lots of "help"). That is the one they issue for visa requests and similar requests from other countries. On our request for a second police check there was no mention of needing a different type from the first one. If you have time and money, getting a sworn translation could be a good idea. We didn't, so if everything comes through as it should, I will let you know.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Cangguru said:
That should be acceptable. It's the police certificate that we used (it took ten minutes the first time and weeks the second, along with lots of "help"). That is the one they issue for visa requests and similar requests from other countries. On our request for a second police check there was no mention of needing a different type from the first one. If you have time and money, getting a sworn translation could be a good idea. We didn't, so if everything comes through as it should, I will let you know.
Thanks for the insights! I'll go ahead and post the question in the main forum as well just to get more exposures from the other applicants going through other VOs besides Singapore... just making sure... ;)

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
12 feb, 2014. sent 20 feb, 2014
canoyon said:
I emailed today in Singapore regarding my spouse e medical not updated on Ecas got reply within hour wow what a prompt service.

...."This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps."
after 9 months still pending ...initial review ...
Can u pls provide the e-mail address??

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
12 feb, 2014. sent 20 feb, 2014
fandv said:
Hey guys,

***NEWS!!!***

But I'm a bit concerned:

Same here. I also got only re-med instruction.

azmin

Aug 30, 2013
sohana said:
no, they don't gave me any update.
how u get ur update? by email or mail?
hey sohana did u get any update yet? Do u know how long it will take to get the passport back from SVO :( they received his passport on jan 28. How abt urs?

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
my husband just got asked to do re med, any idea how long after tht they ask for police and ppr ?