Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
A few "red flags". No matter how much you prepare your application any red flag will get you an interview. We had a mistranslated Family Registration - they attached an additional unknown person to the documents. Name is not on original or copied Family Registration. Age difference (only 2 years apart), wife married once, our 2 families did not agree to our love. It was all explained in detail (20 pages worth).

I can understand the mistranslated documents but the VO forced us to wait the full 24 months for interview, while others were given interview dates with application dates much younger then our application. All I can say is this VO doesn't like me, but at least we passed the interview.

Feb 3, 2014
Hi the website is saying Singapore as Received my wife's application on October 4 an medical has been received. Does any one know the rough timeline we have to wait. Plus we have provided her police report at the same time

An does anyone know if you try for TRV visa does it affect permanent residence if you are refused.
Thank you

tanni

Jan 11, 2014
shawnarcher said:
Hello Canoyon,

You are probably right. However I honestly thought that after truthfully explaining everything -there should not be any doubt. After all there is no law that forbids me from falling in love with and marrying my cousin. Hopefully the interview will clear everything.
I also married my cousin after having a long distance relationship and so did my brother..so it really depends..both of our spouses received email to submit passport along with other documents within 9 months..i just feel they intentionally want to lengthen the process especially when all the proofs of relationship is crystal clear...they just don't care....they just assume all marriages are fraud..like really?? anyway, i m just venting.. **sign**

shawnarcher

Feb 2, 2014
Dragoon said:
A few "red flags". No matter how much you prepare your application any red flag will get you an interview. We had a mistranslated Family Registration - they attached an additional unknown person to the documents. Name is not on original or copied Family Registration. Age difference (only 2 years apart), wife married once, our 2 families did not agree to our love. It was all explained in detail (20 pages worth).

I can understand the mistranslated documents but the VO forced us to wait the full 24 months for interview, while others were given interview dates with application dates much younger then our application. All I can say is this VO doesn't like me, but at least we passed the interview.
Well congrats on passing the interview? How long did it take for you to get the interview? Also if you do not mind me asking - what did they ask during the interview?

yellow123

Nov 27, 2013
tanni said:
I also married my cousin after having a long distance relationship and so did my brother..so it really depends..both of our spouses received email to submit passport along with other documents within 9 months..i just feel they intentionally want to lengthen the process especially when all the proofs of relationship is crystal clear...they just don't care....they just assume all marriages are fraud..like really?? anyway, i m just venting.. **sign**

Tanni,

Did you and your brother both married your FIRST cousins?

I'm asking because I married my first cousin.

Thanks.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
We received the notes we ordered a couple of weeks ago and it clearly indicates the request for the extension of the medicals
So now we wait to hear from the MP's office to let us know what our next steps are

canoyon

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
I emailed today in Singapore regarding my spouse e medical not updated on Ecas got reply within hour wow what a prompt service.

...."This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps."
after 9 months still pending ...initial review ...

Feb 3, 2014
Hi I'm pretty new here an I was was wondering when the start to process your application do the change the website to (In Processing from Application received)

Thank you

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014
Waiting my wife said:
Hi I'm pretty new here an I was was wondering when the start to process your application do the change the website to (In Processing from Application received)

Thank you
Yes, somewhere...at some time.....somehow.....they are supposed to change the status to In Process (but don't always). It's kind of like a game. At least this is how you and your spouse are likely to feel during the months or years to come.

You'll be waiting a long time. I've had application received status for 8 months now. I don't expect it to go into processing until the 12-15 month mark based off of what I've seen others post. It could be shorter, could be longer - the time-frame is as easy to predict as predicting winning lottery numbers. However, once you go into processing - you could still have several months to go before your wife is issued a visa. Your wife will also most likely need a re-medical test as the ones you've already sent with the application will likely expire after one year of waiting. I would suggest ordering GCMS notes to see if her interview has been waived or not. If your wife requires an interview, prepare for a significant delay in the procedure.

I'm trying to give you a fairly reasonable worst-case scenario. I don't mean to discourage you but I think that you should be prepared for the worst while hoping for the best. I've also seen some get approved after only 2 months (knew a connection in the office), and a few after just 6 months. Most, however, are over a year....some over two years. As far as I see it, it's luck of the draw.

Feb 3, 2014
Thank you!! Yes I have been reading a lot an see it's all over the place when u get a answer back from them. Our Application has been in Singapore for 4 months now.

What is GCMS? An how u get it. Thanks

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014
Waiting my wife said:
Thank you!! Yes I have been reading a lot an see it's all over the place when u get a answer back from them. Our Application has been in Singapore for 4 months now.

What is GCMS? An how u get it. Thanks
GCMS notes is a copy of the information that the immigration officers have SO FAR entered on their system concerning your wife's file. It's through the Access to Information Act. You go to this site https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do and follow the links. Your wife will need to fill out a form allowing you (a Canadian) to access her information. Most likely, this means she will need to print off a copy, sign it, scan it, and email it back to you.

It costs $5 and you will receive the notes electronically or by mail (up to you) in 30 days.

They take some getting used to when trying to read them. After 4 months, it will likely not say much other than whether they believe your relationship is genuine and whether they recommend an interview or not. It should also indicate if there are any preliminary red flags on your application. Much of the notes are in Immigration code (it's part of the game) so you will probably need to spend some time deciphering some abbreviated terms.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Hey guys,

***NEWS!!!***

First of all, my timeline is as follows:

Application sent: 22 Jan 2013

Application received by CPC-M: 30 Jan 2013

I should've got an AOR from CPC-M sometime around Feb 2013, but I never did because our application forms mysteriously disappeared and never reached CPC-M (thankfully our relationship proofs got there just fine though, and in mid-March 2013 a CPC-M officer called me to instruct me to redo and resend the application forms to CPC-M, addressed to her. She also said that in the meantime she would keep our relationship proofs in her office, and would join them with the redone forms that I was supposed to send her)

12 April 2013 we sent the redone application forms to CPC-M, addressed to that officer who called me and kept our relationship proofs

17 April 2013 I got an email from CPC-M, notifying that I was approved to sponsor my wife. The email mentioned about the file transfer to the Singapore visa office as well

25 April 2013 my wife got an AOR from the Singapore visa office, notifying that they got our paperwork from CPC-M

Since 25 April 2013 till yesterday (4 Feb 2014), nothing happened....my wife's eCAS has been showing "Application Received".

And ***FINALLY*** today (5 Feb 2014) my wife got an email from CHC Singapore, requesting her to do the 2nd medical exam within 60 days from today. That's all the email said, and nothing else.

But I'm a bit concerned:

- How come there's no passport request? Does that mean they're still trying to assess our relationship proofs? o_O

- What's the likelihood of my wife's having to be interviewed?

- How come there's no request for my wife's 2nd police clearance?

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
fandv said:
Hey guys,

***NEWS!!!***

First of all, my timeline is as follows:

Application sent: 22 Jan 2013

Application received by CPC-M: 30 Jan 2013

I should've got an AOR from CPC-M sometime around Feb 2013, but I never did because our application forms mysteriously disappeared and never reached CPC-M (thankfully our relationship proofs got there just fine though, and in mid-March 2013 a CPC-M officer called me to instruct me to redo and resend the application forms to CPC-M, addressed to her. She also said that in the meantime she would keep our relationship proofs in her office, and would join them with the redone forms that I was supposed to send her)

12 April 2013 we sent the redone application forms to CPC-M, addressed to that officer who called me and kept our relationship proofs

17 April 2013 I got an email from CPC-M, notifying that I was approved to sponsor my wife. The email mentioned about the file transfer to the Singapore visa office as well

25 April 2013 my wife got an AOR from the Singapore visa office, notifying that they got our paperwork from CPC-M

Since 25 April 2013 till yesterday (4 Feb 2014), nothing happened....my wife's eCAS has been showing "Application Received".

And ***FINALLY*** today (5 Feb 2014) my wife got an email from CHC Singapore, requesting her to do the 2nd medical exam within 60 days from today. That's all the email said, and nothing else.

But I'm a bit concerned:

- How come there's no passport request? Does that mean they're still trying to assess our relationship proofs? o_O

- What's the likelihood of my wife's having to be interviewed?

- How come there's no request for my wife's 2nd police clearance?
Congrats this is good news. You may see your ECAS status will change to in progress soon and you will receive your PPR as well by regular mail. hope for the best. I do not see you will get Interview request from this stage.