Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
For all applicant who are waiting...

The whole sponsorship immigration process was an experience i will never forget in my whole life.....Very tough...very hard..easier said being done...but the whole 2 years..this is the theory i believed in...(may be stupid and irrelevant) but worked...So here it goes:

Every time you or or spouse feel really upset/bad....remind urself that you are still in much better position than a lot of people/couple around you...every relationship goes thru hardships/difficulties at diffrent stages of life...Unfortunately ours came very early in life..(SPONSORSHIP PROCESS I MEAN), but this is just a phase which will go away....after you reunite ull forget everything... :)
Its just a very difficult test of patience and trust....

So cheers, be strong and everyone will make it thru :)

shawnarcher

Feb 2, 2014
diyabrar said:
For all applicant who are waiting...

The whole sponsorship immigration process was an experience i will never forget in my whole life.....Very tough...very hard..easier said being done...but the whole 2 years..this is the theory i believed in...(may be stupid and irrelevant) but worked...So here it goes:

Every time you or or spouse feel really upset/bad....remind urself that you are still in much better position than a lot of people/couple around you...every relationship goes thru hardships/difficulties at diffrent stages of life...Unfortunately ours came very early in life..(SPONSORSHIP PROCESS I MEAN), but this is just a phase which will go away....after you reunite ull forget everything... :)
Its just a very difficult test of patience and trust....

So cheers, be strong and everyone will make it thru :)
Thanks Diyabrar ! Hoping for the best. Will order the GCMC notes to figure out what is going on. Guess I will contact the MP to see if the interview date can be sped up.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
shawnarcher said:
Thanks Diyabrar ! Hoping for the best. Will order the GCMC notes to figure out what is going on. Guess I will contact the MP to see if the interview date can be sped up.
According to Canadian Immigration Act, MP, even immigration minister has no say...

shawnarcher

Feb 2, 2014
diyabrar said:
According to Canadian Immigration Act, MP, even immigration minister has no say...
So I have heard. But its worth a try. A fair interview does not bother me as such - but why so long of a wait? My wife would gladly go to Singapore for the interview if it means that it would be faster.

Here we were planning for our life, starting a family, having kids - and then this bad news struck us in the middle!

canoyon

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
shawnarcher said:
Hello All.

And I thought getting through all those marriage ceremonies would be the hard part! After months of wait wife got an interview letter.

My Timeline:

1) May 2013 - Applied for wife's sponsorship (Bangladesh)
2) July 2013 - My Sponsorship Application Approved
3) Jan 2014 - Wife receives a letter for interview; photos and wedding cards returned. Application still says in process. The letter states the interview queue is 24 months. Very disheartening.

Does anyone know if the interview actually takes 24 months? And where is the interview held? Bangladesh or Singapore? How long does it take after that ?
Can I find out why the interview is required through GCMCS / CAIPS? If so how?
Has anyone faced an interview or know what actually happens there?
Any idea if the whole process can be sped up by contacting the local MP?

Appreciate all comments in this matter.

Thanks.
Red flags is cousin....

shawnarcher

Feb 2, 2014
canoyon said:
Red flags is cousin....
Hello Canoyon,

You are probably right. However I honestly thought that after truthfully explaining everything -there should not be any doubt. After all there is no law that forbids me from falling in love with and marrying my cousin. Hopefully the interview will clear everything.

Sammikens

Star Member
Dec 3, 2013
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
05-04-2013
Med's Request
05-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Interview........
Waived - Recommended Pass
Passport Req..
11-02-2014 - sent in 13-03-2014 - ecas "in process" 14-02-2014 "decision made" 07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
why on my ECAS it says my application was received in february, but when they send me an email it says it was received in april?

Feb 3, 2014
new member with (hopefully) easy question

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad there's a forum for this.

I'm a Canadian citizen who sponsored my Singaporean wife back in January 2013 (for permanent residency). I was approved as the sponsor a month later and the CIC website currently shows the application was received by the Singaporean office. No further communication to date. This is an "out-of-country" sponsorship (ie: I live in Canada, my wife lives in Singapore). This coming September, we would like for my wife to move to Canada to live with me permanently, regardless of whether or not the PR has been granted. Can anyone tell me if she needs some sort of visa to do so? Or does she simply arrive and tell the customs officer that she's here to live with her husband and that there's a sponsorship application in place?

Thanks!

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014
Sammikens said:
why on my ECAS it says my application was received in february, but when they send me an email it says it was received in april?
This is because they received your application in Mississauga in February (or you were approved to sponsor). Singapore received your file in April. The 28 month wait period starts from the April date. I don't know why they don't make this more clear on ECAS instead of just "Application Received" and a date.

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014
Re: new member with (hopefully) easy question

jamiejamie1680 said:
Hi everyone,
I'm so glad there's a forum for this.

I'm a Canadian citizen who sponsored my Singaporean wife back in January 2013 (for permanent residency). I was approved as the sponsor a month later and the CIC website currently shows the application was received by the Singaporean office. No further communication to date. This is an "out-of-country" sponsorship (ie: I live in Canada, my wife lives in Singapore). This coming September, we would like for my wife to move to Canada to live with me permanently, regardless of whether or not the PR has been granted. Can anyone tell me if she needs some sort of visa to do so? Or does she simply arrive and tell the customs officer that she's here to live with her husband and that there's a sponsorship application in place?

Thanks!
You are a lucky one. Singaporean citizens do not require a visa for Canada. However, for her, she should not be telling Canadian immigration that she plans to stay permanently with you. This would be a red flag to the officer since she has a PR application in process. She must be visiting you only.

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014
Any June 2013 applicants (Singapore received file) that have gone into processing yet????

Feb 3, 2014

mskenned said:
You are a lucky one. Singaporean citizens do not require a visa for Canada. However, for her, she should not be telling Canadian immigration that she plans to stay permanently with you. This would be a red flag to the officer since she has a PR application in process. She must be visiting you only.
Thanks so much for the reply.

As a visitor, am I correct that she can only stay 6 months? After that, if she goes back to Singapore for, say, 1 week...can she return to Canada and stay another 6 months?

Alternatively, if she wants to stay longer than 6 months, does she need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa?

mskenned

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
LANDED..........
15-04-2014

jamiejamie1680 said:
Thanks so much for the reply.

As a visitor, am I correct that she can only stay 6 months? After that, if she goes back to Singapore for, say, 1 week...can she return to Canada and stay another 6 months?

Alternatively, if she wants to stay longer than 6 months, does she need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa?
She would most likely be given 6 months upon arrival. I believe she can submit an application to extend her stay in Canada once in Canada, no later than 1 month prior to its expiry. I've heard that extensions are usually granted and another 6-12 months is often given.

That being said, I have not gone through this process and I'm only relying on what I believe to be true. I do not think she would need a TRV. Returning to Singapore for a week just to return to Canada seems a bit silly. It could raise some eyebrows at immigration for either good or bad. Best bet is to look into extending her stay once in the country.

Feb 3, 2014

mskenned said:
She would most likely be given 6 months upon arrival. I believe she can submit an application to extend her stay in Canada once in Canada, no later than 1 month prior to its expiry. I've heard that extensions are usually granted and another 6-12 months is often given.

That being said, I have not gone through this process and I'm only relying on what I believe to be true. I do not think she would need a TRV. Returning to Singapore for a week just to return to Canada seems a bit silly. It could raise some eyebrows at immigration for either good or bad. Best bet is to look into extending her stay once in the country.
Thanks again, that's good news.

Do you think the immigration officer (upon arrival) will require her to have a return flight ticket? In other words, if she arrives on a one-way ticket, and tells the officer she is here to visit her husband for 6 months, and will apply for an extension...would there be any problems with this?

Feb 3, 2014
mskenned said:
Any June 2013 applicants (Singapore received file) that have gone into processing yet????
Hi,

Singapore received our application on April 1, 2013 and CIC website status still shows "Application Received".