Jan 2013 , Again remedical request 6 Feb, 2014
Interview........
No
VISA ISSUED...
21 May, 2013
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Hey,

To answer your question, if you're filing tax for the first time, it'll require 3-4 months to get the tax return. Once you've tax return, you can order Option C online. It comes in a week. But you've already filed Tax in Canada, it'll be in a month.

In fact, I wanted to share my experience with you. While applying last year, I didn't have Option C/Tax return. Coz, it's first year. But I didn't want to wait till I hear back. What I did I applied for sponsorship, and wrote in details why I could submit my option C. I submitted other papers like employment letter, T4 and said that I'm waiting for my tax return. And you know what, I's granted SA in 26 days. So, I could save couple of months of waiting..

All the best..

yellow123 said:
Hello everyone.

Can anyone please tell me, if I file tax this month for the first time in Canada, then after how many months will I be able to get the option-c printout?

Please answer. Thanks.

sohana

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august-2012
AOR Received.
october-2012
File Transfer...
october-2012
Med's Request
december-2013
Med's Done....
16th june-2012
Interview........
waived...in process: 13 december, 2013
Passport Req..
13 december, 2013, pp sent-22 jan,2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2014 ,DM: 20-02-2014
LANDED..........
24 April,2014
azmin said:
sohana said:
azmin,my husband lives in toronto. why u asking this, :)?
tomorrow i send my papers trough vfs. VFS closed on friday & saturday.
ur husband's police clearance is ready? it takes too much time ..:(

Hey sohana any update from SVO. They got my husband's passport in the 28 how about ur?
no, they don't gave me any update.
how u get ur update? by email or mail?

yellow123

Nov 27, 2013
royalbd said:
Hey,

To answer your question, if you're filing tax for the first time, it'll require 3-4 months to get the tax return. Once you've tax return, you can order Option C online. It comes in a week. But you've already filed Tax in Canada, it'll be in a month.

In fact, I wanted to share my experience with you. While applying last year, I didn't have Option C/Tax return. Coz, it's first year. But I didn't want to wait till I hear back. What I did I applied for sponsorship, and wrote in details why I could submit my option C. I submitted other papers like employment letter, T4 and said that I'm waiting for my tax return. And you know what, I's granted SA in 26 days. So, I could save couple of months of waiting..

All the best..
Royalbd, thank you very much. God bless.

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
patience is going out of controll...days are not passing ??? :-\ :'(

shawnarcher

Feb 2, 2014
Hello All.

And I thought getting through all those marriage ceremonies would be the hard part! After months of wait wife got an interview letter.

My Timeline:

1) May 2013 - Applied for wife's sponsorship (Bangladesh)
2) July 2013 - My Sponsorship Application Approved
3) Jan 2014 - Wife receives a letter for interview; photos and wedding cards returned. Application still says in process. The letter states the interview queue is 24 months. Very disheartening.

Does anyone know if the interview actually takes 24 months? And where is the interview held? Bangladesh or Singapore? How long does it take after that ?
Can I find out why the interview is required through GCMCS / CAIPS? If so how?
Has anyone faced an interview or know what actually happens there?
Any idea if the whole process can be sped up by contacting the local MP?

Appreciate all comments in this matter.

Thanks.

yellow123

Nov 27, 2013
shawnarcher said:
Hello All.

And I thought getting through all those marriage ceremonies would be the hard part! After months of wait wife got an interview letter.

My Timeline:

3) Jan 2014 - Wife receives a letter for interview; photos and wedding cards returned. Application still says in process. The letter states the interview queue is 24 months. Very disheartening.

Does anyone know if the interview actually takes 24 months? And where is the interview held? Bangladesh or Singapore? How long does it take after that ?

Thanks.
I'm trying to figure out the reason why they gave your wife the interview. Was it an arranged marriage? Didn't you provide any other proofs other than photos and weding cards? If you have, can you kindly share what did you submit to prove your relationship is genuine?

shawnarcher

Feb 2, 2014
yellow123 said:
I'm trying to figure out the reason why they gave your wife the interview. Was it an arranged marriage? Didn't you provide any other proofs other than photos and weding cards? If you have, can you kindly share what did you submit to prove your relationship is genuine?
It was a love marriage. But parents agreed and arranged the marriage - like they do in Bangladesh. Its all explained in detail in the application. Wedding cards, wedding pictures, honeymoon pictures, honeymoon air tickets tickets, call logs etc were provided. Mentioned that most of our conversation is over Skype. My wife and I are also cousins - but all explained in detail.

Wife should be able to explain / answer all questions confidently. But what we are most disheartened by is the 24 month timeframe.

yellow123

Nov 27, 2013
shawnarcher said:
It was a love marriage. But parents agreed and arranged the marriage - like they do in Bangladesh. Its all explained in detail in the application. Wedding cards, wedding pictures, honeymoon pictures, honeymoon air tickets tickets, call logs etc were provided. Mentioned that most of our conversation is over Skype. My wife and I are also cousins - but all explained in detail.

Wife should be able to explain / answer all questions confidently. But what we are most disheartened by is the 24 month timeframe.
Was there any red flag? Did you provide them proofs of communication since the time you went on relationship with her? How long was your courtship?

You should order gcms notes. The notes should tell you why they want to have the interview. And brother, can you private msg me your email address? I can help you with some things.

Regards.

azmin

Aug 30, 2013
sohana said:
no, they don't gave me any update.
how u get ur update? by email or mail?
when u sent ur passport they should gave u a track number and that way u can c if ur passport is received or not . I got mine by email.

rontsk

Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
09-11-2012
Med's Request
Remedical Request April 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Remedical Done 1st week of May
Passport Req..
Passport Request April 28th, 2014 (Submitted Passport & Other Docs through VFS 7th May, Passport Received in SVO at 16th May
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Received with Visa July 1st, 2014
This is insane now. I sponsor my spouse almost 16th months now. Still showing application received. Emailed to SVO twice, both the times it came back with reply "final review pending". Any idea what does that mean? I am frustrated now.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
shawnarcher said:
Hello All.

My Timeline:

Thanks.
your case seems to go against the usual norm...after reading ur post..i couldnt find any red flags + u mentioned your application says "in process" ..i cant understand y would they send u a interview letter....u should apply for gcms notes and check the VO's comments...

shawnarcher

Feb 2, 2014
diyabrar said:
your case seems to go against the usual norm...after reading ur post..i couldnt find any red flags + u mentioned your application says "in process" ..i cant understand y would they send u a interview letter....u should apply for gcms notes and check the VO's comments...
Hello Diyabrar,

Sorry my bad. I mean the status still shows "Application Received". I really don't understand why the necessity of an interview. But my biggest concern is that we have to wait another 24 months? Does it really take this long? Also does my wife have to sign and scan email the consent form for GCMS?

Thanks

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
shawnarcher said:
Hello Diyabrar,

Sorry my bad. I mean the status still shows "Application Received". I really don't understand why the necessity of an interview. But my biggest concern is that we have to wait another 24 months? Does it really take this long? Also does my wife have to sign and scan email the consent form for GCMS?

Thanks
Hei man! Please note that...99% times...ur interview will be scheduled within 8 to 14 months....I only seen rare cases where it took 2 years to schedule a interview...but those are veryyyyy rare cases..shouldnt get disheartened....

Ur one is love marriage which means u knew ur wife from long before marriage..so i am pretty sure u provided enough proofs......but anyway there is no point trying to figure out now..cause u already got the letter....so there must be something in doubt which we cant see at the moment but the VO might need clarification on..

Read this article if you havent already..pretty interesting.... http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/02/01/a_rare_look_inside_the_black_box_of_canada_immigration.html

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
rontsk said:
This is insane now. I sponsor my spouse almost 16th months now. Still showing application received. Emailed to SVO twice, both the times it came back with reply "final review pending". Any idea what does that mean? I am frustrated now.
Ordered GCMS notes? whats the code of your VO? Starts with AG****? Mine and a lot of another member's application file sat on VO's desks for final review..for 14 months almost.....once they start process though..took 1.5 months...to get the VISA with passport in hand :)