Singapore timeline

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rontsk said:
Goodman,

Please see the DMP website. There is a complete instruction written in Bangla (a pdf file under section Police clearence cert.) there how to get PCC you will get proper instruction here.

Good Luck.
Thanks. Yes, I saw that.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maruf416 said:
Goodman,
When did your wife receive passport request by email. I see its july. Was it first week or last week of july. I am kinda hopeful looking at your timeline that i will hear something soon from Singapore. I applied in September 12,2012, a month after you.
We got the request in 2nd week of July. But, the instruction was not to send the Passport right away. It told us to wait six weeks before sending it.
We waited for the time. But after sending it, we got Police Clearance Certificate by e-mail. So, we are working on it now. This will take another 10 days to collect from DMP.

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
hi david,
no an usa visitor can get tourist visa from usa but there is no gurantee of approval, so i guess going usa in a hope that i''ll must get canada tourist visa not a good idea.there is no gurantee of getting one......... :(

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kst said:
Hi Maruf416, I applied in July 2012 and I still haven't heard anything yet...Goodman case is consider fast i think.
Well, we can't say it's over till it is over. My wife hasn't got her Passport back yet. There are still some formalities.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AKHI said:
hi david,
no an usa visitor can get tourist visa from usa but there is no gurantee of approval, so i guess going usa in a hope that i''ll must get canada tourist visa not a good idea.there is no gurantee of getting one......... :(
Akhi, are you in Bangladesh? Are you the Sponsor or the Applicant?

If someone gets USA tourist visa, there is no garauntee that they will get Canada tourist visa from USA.

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
kst said:
Hi Akhi, I would advise you not to do that, in my experience, it's VERY hard to get a Canadian tourist visa while you are not in your home country. I'm Malaysian and was working in South Korea, I applied there which took 3 weeks and got rejected. Reason is they don't believe I have a good enough reason to visit Canada and they don't believe I will leave Canada at the end of my stay. FYI, I have a VALID 10-year US visa on my passport and a written invitation from my then Canadian girlfriend (now wife)'s mum! Ridiculous! I was so furious. I then went back to Malaysia and applied, I got it on the SAME day! submitted in the morning and granted in the afternoon. and the officer told me that it's always better to apply in your home country cuz we know your people better than other offices. and he was kind enough to advise me to apply for my PR or citizenship in Malaysia if I ever married my Canadian gf. BUT sadly enough, the canadian high comm in Malaysia shut down last year before I applied, and all applications are directed to Singapore office and it is taking AGES.....!!!! so sick of waiting!!!

hi kst,
thanks a lot for taking ur time n ans.....but,problem is that singapore mostly reject trv while spouse visa ongoing..thats why i was planning for that..but since there is no gurantee of getting canada tourist isa from usa,so going there in a hope for visa will b insane!!

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
maruf416 said:
Hi akhi,
Does your application status say " processing"? Since they requested medical test from you, so that means they are working your file. Please let me know.
L
Also, my local mp contacted cic last monday and they told him that the file is pending for first stage approval. Its been 11 months and still pending for them just to open it. This is outrageous, becausw these people get paid in canadian dollars(our tax money) in Singapore + they take a huge amount for application fees and they cry for more and go on strike.

himaruf,
no they didnt ask re- med req for me yet,it was d.n.a req for my husband.. me n my child yet didnt get d.n.a req!! mine almost 20 month passed.

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
goodman36 said:
Akhi, are you in Bangladesh? Are you the Sponsor or the Applicant?

If someone gets USA tourist visa, there is no garauntee that they will get Canada tourist visa from USA.

hi goodman,
yes im in bangladesh,im d applicant..n yes,ur right there is no gurantee of getting canada tourist visa from usa :(

rontsk

Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
09-11-2012
Med's Request
Remedical Request April 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Remedical Done 1st week of May
Passport Req..
Passport Request April 28th, 2014 (Submitted Passport & Other Docs through VFS 7th May, Passport Received in SVO at 16th May
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Received with Visa July 1st, 2014
maruf416 said:
Goodman,
When did your wife receive passport request by email. I see its july. Was it first week or last week of july. I am kinda hopeful looking at your timeline that i will hear something soon from Singapore. I applied in September 12,2012, a month after you.
maruf416,

I applied for my wife in October to CPC Mississauga, File transferred to SVO in November 2012. Its been more than 10 month it is in SVO. my application status shows Application received, that means no movement yet. You are one month ahead of me. Please update your status regularly so I can at least have a hope. :) Good luck.

afrosebd2002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Jul'11
File Transfer...
21 Nov'11
Med's Request
30 Sep'13
Med's Done....
09 Oct'13
Passport Req..
30 Sep'13
21 months passed file transferred in SVO. Only 5 months more after that I will got to Singapore to kick the VO "AG....." :mad:

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
afrosebd2002 said:
21 months passed file transferred in SVO. Only 5 months more after that I will got to Singapore to kick the VO "AG....." :mad:

afrose,
even i was planning for that,to kick that vo..or i guess we should also go for strike like them!!!

ashezz

Jun 2, 2013
AKHI said:
afrosebd2002 said:

afrose,
even i was planning for that,to kick that vo..or i guess we should also go for strike like them!!!

Can you please give some details on the DNA request process...or point to a link that already explains this. I am a June 2012 applicant. My wife's medical already expired but no request came from SVO. We are expecting a baby now around end of December inshallah. I am a Canadian citizen already and I want to understand the the possible steps to take to ensure the baby gets the necessary passport to come along with my wife.

afrosebd2002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Jul'11
File Transfer...
21 Nov'11
Med's Request
30 Sep'13
Med's Done....
09 Oct'13
Passport Req..
30 Sep'13
To get the passport for your baby is not too hard. Its hard for your wife only. I also was the same situation. After my baby born my husband applied for my baby's citizenship certificate through high commission & after 3 months my boy got his citizenship certificate & 1 month later got passport also.

3mnths back I got a email from SVO where they mention they have doubt about me & my husband relationship is genuine or not for that they send the DNA request. Now its mandatory for all who has baby. By 1 week my husband give his sample but me & my baby still wait for the schedule. Coz SVO will give us the time & place where we have to give the sample. But in their email they mention it takes 4-6 weeks. Now 12 weeks over but no progress. I'm confirm you'll also get the same request so be prepared.

ashezz said:
Can you please give some details on the DNA request process...or point to a link that already explains this. I am a June 2012 applicant. My wife's medical already expired but no request came from SVO. We are expecting a baby now around end of December inshallah. I am a Canadian citizen already and I want to understand the the possible steps to take to ensure the baby gets the necessary passport to come along with my wife.

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
hi ashezz,
i guess u wont be getting any d.n.a request..mostly those get d.n.a req who cant submit their very first medical chest test bcoz of pregnancy n they want time from visa office to submit chest test later,n by that time they dump d file in d.n.a test prcedure queue...as u hv successfully done ur first medical n if they they reveiw ur file b4 having baby than they will ask u for re medical n u can do it after hving baby...so,it just a guessing,its never bad to b mentally prepared for long delay.

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
AFROSE,
omy allah, im so happy :p :)....i got d.n.a req schedule for tomorrow can u believe it!! how about u? be updated.. :p