13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
hi everyone,
i hv a very weird plan to go to canada..hope u wont laugh at me..n ur suggestion will b helpful..i first will go to america on tourist visa,i hv lots of relatives there, than get a tourist visa for canada from new york,buffelow, canada embassy..now my questions r

1.how many days it take to get usa tourist visa? n what r the chances of getting one?
2.i heard that if i take all necessary documents n submit them in person in that office i''ll get tourist visa the vry same day,is it true?
3.n is ther any chance that they will refuuse me to grant canada tourist visa?

plz give ur important suggestion........

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
AKHI said:
hi everyone,
i hv a very weird plan to go to canada..hope u wont laugh at me..n ur suggestion will b helpful..i first will go to america on tourist visa,i hv lots of relatives there, than get a tourist visa for canada from new york,buffelow, canada embassy..now my questions r

1.how many days it take to get usa tourist visa? n what r the chances of getting one?
2.i heard that if i take all necessary documents n submit them in person in that office i''ll get tourist visa the vry same day,is it true?

I think you must have status(work permit-study) in us if you want to apply from there.

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
The interview of my wife took place this morning. I think it went wrong. They said that my wedding was held too soon after I met my wife (4 months after our first phone conversation).

They also asked why my mother did not come to our wedding. The reason is simple, she's the manager of a store and no one could replace her during the busy holiday season. But my father and my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. were present.

They also said that I have not visited my wife often enough. Fuck! Would they pay all my bills and the plane ticket and I would stay in Vietnam six months per year!

After the interview, they just said that my wife will receive a letter in 6 weeks. That's it.

That does not bode well... :( I've been married for almost 3 years now. How many years do I have to wait again? If our request is denied, I will go to appeal. We are wasting our best years of our lives. It's so unfair!

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Hi Taycaoca,

I am sorry to hear you feel the interview did not go well :(
Have faith that the officer was trying very hard to discredit your relationship and that the letter will bring good news.
You do have the appeal process if required.

Good luck and my fingers are crossed for good news

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
Taycaoco said:
The interview of my wife took place this morning. I think it went wrong. They said that my wedding was held too soon after I met my wife (4 months after our first phone conversation).

They also asked why my mother did not come to our wedding. The reason is simple, she's the manager of a store and no one could replace her during the busy holiday season. But my father and my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. were present.

They also said that I have not visited my wife often enough. *censored word*! Would they pay all my bills and the plane ticket and I would stay in Vietnam six months per year!

After the interview, they just said that my wife will receive a letter in 6 weeks. That's it.

That does not bode well... :( I've been married for almost 3 years now. How many years do I have to wait again? If our request is denied, I will go to appeal. We are wasting our best years of our lives. It's so unfair!
It does not mean they refused your file. If you answer all the question logically, you should not be worried. It does not matter you have lived together or not as long as you have marriage certificate. your story about marriage must make sense to officer, if so just relax till your wife gets to next step

SVO2013

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2013
AOR Received.
08/2013
File Transfer...
08/2013
Med's Done....
07-2013
Taycaoco said:

They also said that I have not visited my wife often enough. *censored word*! Would they pay all my bills and the plane ticket and I would stay in Vietnam six months per year!

that's horrible... :(

kst

Jul 13, 2013
Hi Akhi, I would advise you not to do that, in my experience, it's VERY hard to get a Canadian tourist visa while you are not in your home country. I'm Malaysian and was working in South Korea, I applied there which took 3 weeks and got rejected. Reason is they don't believe I have a good enough reason to visit Canada and they don't believe I will leave Canada at the end of my stay. FYI, I have a VALID 10-year US visa on my passport and a written invitation from my then Canadian girlfriend (now wife)'s mum! Ridiculous! I was so furious. I then went back to Malaysia and applied, I got it on the SAME day! submitted in the morning and granted in the afternoon. and the officer told me that it's always better to apply in your home country cuz we know your people better than other offices. and he was kind enough to advise me to apply for my PR or citizenship in Malaysia if I ever married my Canadian gf. BUT sadly enough, the canadian high comm in Malaysia shut down last year before I applied, and all applications are directed to Singapore office and it is taking AGES.....!!!! so sick of waiting!!!

AKHI said:
hi everyone,

stelam

Apr 11, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
19-11-2013 (requested to send passport six weeks after remed date)
Taycaoco, I sincerely hope it will turn out positively for you guys even though you feel the interview didn't go well. After all, I think it's part of the officer's job to raise doubts

May I ask where your wife is from? My situation is somewhat similar to yours: I'm from Québec (Montreal), my wife's from Vietnam, and we married rather quickly (about 5 months after we first met). I can only afford to visit her once a year.

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Thank you all of you. I'll keep you informed about my case.

stelam said:
Taycaoco, I sincerely hope it will turn out positively for you guys even though you feel the interview didn't go well. After all, I think it's part of the officer's job to raise doubts

May I ask where your wife is from? My situation is somewhat similar to yours: I'm from Québec (Montreal), my wife's from Vietnam, and we married rather quickly (about 5 months after we first met). I can only afford to visit her once a year.
Thank you stelam. My wife and I come from Nha Trang. Are you a Quebecer or a Vietnamese from Montreal?

stelam

Apr 11, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
19-11-2013 (requested to send passport six weeks after remed date)
Oh Nha Trang, lovely place :)

My wife is from Bac Giang, she currently lives in Bac Ninh. I'm Vietnamese, but I was born in Sherbrooke and now, I live in Montreal.

maruf416

May 17, 2013
AKHI said:
hi canadavietnam,
omg! ur case was filled in december 2010!!! n u still didnt get ur visa..poor u..i guess my visa will also take as long as u, interview n d.n.a test these things cause delay...
Hi akhi,
Does your application status say " processing"? Since they requested medical test from you, so that means they are working your file. Please let me know.
L
Also, my local mp contacted cic last monday and they told him that the file is pending for first stage approval. Its been 11 months and still pending for them just to open it. This is outrageous, becausw these people get paid in canadian dollars(our tax money) in Singapore + they take a huge amount for application fees and they cry for more and go on strike.

maruf416

May 17, 2013
goodman36 said:
Thanks.

It seems one needs to provide only certified copies of Passport (which we have). The new Passport does not have address information in them, so a copy of National ID is required.

I am trying to verify that now for Police Certificate in Bangladesh there is a one stop service in Ramna (DMP Head Quarter). So, now no one has to go to their police precinct (local police thana). Is this true?
Goodman,
When did your wife receive passport request by email. I see its july. Was it first week or last week of july. I am kinda hopeful looking at your timeline that i will hear something soon from Singapore. I applied in September 12,2012, a month after you.

kst

Jul 13, 2013
Hi Maruf416, I applied in July 2012 and I still haven't heard anything yet...Goodman case is consider fast i think.

maruf416 said:
Goodman,
When did your wife receive passport request by email. I see its july. Was it first week or last week of july. I am kinda hopeful looking at your timeline that i will hear something soon from Singapore. I applied in September 12,2012, a month after you.

rontsk

Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
09-11-2012
Med's Request
Remedical Request April 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Remedical Done 1st week of May
Passport Req..
Passport Request April 28th, 2014 (Submitted Passport & Other Docs through VFS 7th May, Passport Received in SVO at 16th May
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Received with Visa July 1st, 2014
kst said:
Hi Maruf416, I applied in July 2012 and I still haven't heard anything yet...Goodman case is consider fast i think.
Hi KST,

I applied for my wife in October 2012. file in Singapore. no progress yet.

rontsk

Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
09-11-2012
Med's Request
Remedical Request April 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Remedical Done 1st week of May
Passport Req..
Passport Request April 28th, 2014 (Submitted Passport & Other Docs through VFS 7th May, Passport Received in SVO at 16th May
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Received with Visa July 1st, 2014
goodman36 said:
IMPORTANT

Singapore Visa Office may ask for a Police Clearance Certificate at the last moment.

My wife got an e-mail today for her to send the Police Certificate. The problem is my wife already mailed her Passport to Singapore 2 days ago as she received her Passport request instruction last month.

This is unfortunate that Singapore would do such a thing (ask for police certificate after asking for Passport).

Anybody has any suggestion what my wife should do to get a police certificate in Dhaka?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. You can also send me message in my mail box.
Goodman,

Please see the DMP website. There is a complete instruction written in Bangla (a pdf file under section Police clearence cert.) there how to get PCC you will get proper instruction here.

Good Luck.