Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
tamtam123 said:
Hi everybody..

I just applied through the singapore visa office in April. My file got transferred in July 12th. I know singapore has a really long waiting time. I was just wondering after how long have you had any kind of communication or change in status?

Just was wondering... Thanks

tamtam123
Welcome to the group. You may hear anything from singapore or see change of status within 2-3 months after they receive your file. If your case is straight forward then it will not take long. All the best.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Taycaoco said:
Shiny88,

Imagine us trying to bring our husbands or our wives! The government treats us like crap. Harper and ther damned Conservatives. Canada is no longer Canada anymore.

Ok so are you saying that there were no wait times during the pervious Liberal government? Harper and the "damned Conservatives" weren't the ones who set up this system. In fact they are the only government in recent memory that has tried to implement policy changes to speed up the process.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
RCVmini said:
Ok so are you saying that there were no wait times during the pervious Liberal government? Harper and the "damned Conservatives" weren't the ones who set up this system. In fact they are the only government in recent memory that has tried to implement policy changes to speed up the process.
I'm not sure which government is better but I do remember that before the Conservatives got their majority, Singapore was listed at 17 or 18 months(around mar 2011) and after they got their majority it went up to 22 months. Back down to 21 now.

Which policy changes did they implement to help speed up the process?

Bluenoser

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Interview........
"In Process" 16-11-2012 - No Interview Required
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-2012
Hello121 said:
I'm not sure which government is better but I do remember that before the Conservatives got their majority, Singapore was listed at 17 or 18 months(around mar 2011) and after they got their majority it went up to 22 months. Back down to 21 now.

Which policy changes did they implement to help speed up the process?
It's actually down to 20 months now. They just haven't updated the website yet (still showing to December 31, 2011). That's for 80% of the cases, too. The latest full figures for Singapore (to March 31, 2012) are as follows:

20% 30% 50% 70% 80% Total Cases
Singapore - RPC 7 9 14 18 20 1,609

The trend is down.

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
RCVmini said:
Yes, Policy changes to implement Harper's ANTI-IMMIGRANT policy. All the economists are saying that it will have a major negative impact on Canadian economy but Conservatives don't care. Lets stick to the facts rather than our personal political affiliations.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Bluenoser said:
It's actually down to 20 months now. They just haven't updated the website yet (still showing to December 31, 2011). That's for 80% of the cases, too. The latest full figures for Singapore (to March 31, 2012) are as follows:

20% 30% 50% 70% 80% Total Cases
Singapore - RPC 7 9 14 18 20 1,609

The trend is down.
Is that right. Ive been waiting 17months already since i applied. so in october i will be out of their normal processing for sure!FML :-X

TODAYS ECAS:application received since MARCH 2011. no change no update no calls, no letter no news since october 2011. I AGREE tO DONATE MONEY FOR THEM to HAVE MOrE EmPLOyee TO WOrK on our file for heaven sake:/

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
RCVmini said:
Under the Liberals, all my friends and the friends of my parents who wed Vietnamese people, the waiting were 6-8 months (including the interview) maximum and the fastest time were 3 months (my cousin).

So yes, the Conservatives are trying to heavily reduce the immigration from what they call 3rd world countries. Sorry for my bad English, I'm a Francophone from Quebec.

Bluenoser

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-2012
Here is an audit that was done of the Singapore Immigration Program in October 2010. Some of the info is a little out of date, but in the immigration world 22 months is not all that long.

Pretty interesting stuff. Especially their organizational chart. The long-suffering Bangladesh applicants will be dismayed to read that they were once planning to open a full-service program in Bangladesh, but pulled the plug on the idea.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/audit/singapore.asp

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Bluenoser said:
Here is an audit that was done of the Singapore Immigration Program in October 2010. Some of the info is a little out of date, but in the immigration world 22 months is not all that long.

Pretty interesting stuff. Especially their organizational chart. The long-suffering Bangladesh applicants will be dismayed to read that they were once planning to open a full-service program in Bangladesh, but pulled the plug on the idea.
When you multiply the waiting time by 3 or 4 (6-8 months to 21-22), yes it's long. We were used to wait 24 months under Mulroney (Old Conservative Party), only 6-8 months under Chrétien & Martin (Liberals). Now under Harper (New Conservative Party), the waiting is 21 months!!! Go tell your wife or your husband that 22 months is not that long.

Tabarnak, il y a des gens qui font chier icitte.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Has anyone heard of an approximate waiting time for the 2nd interview letter through Singapore from others that have went through the interview process?

Bluenoser

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-2012
Taycaoco said:
When you multiply the waiting time by 3 or 4 (6-8 months to 21-22), yes it's long. We were used to wait 24 months under Mulroney (Old Conservative Party), only 6-8 months under Chrétien & Martin (Liberals). Now under Harper (New Conservative Party), the waiting is 21 months!!! Go tell your wife or your husband that 22 months is not that long.

Tabarnak, il y a des gens qui font chier icitte.
Listen buddy, I was making a joke about it not being long in comparison to the long immigration wait times we all have to endure. Don't jump to conclusions when you're not capable of 4th grade comprehension in your second language. Keep your political crap out of this forum. I don't appreciate being cursed out in French, either. You think I can't understand that? And by the way, don't ever set foot in Nova Scotia. Your kind are not welcome here.

Tu es completement débile.

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Bluenoser said:
Listen buddy, I was making a joke about it not being long in comparison to the long immigration wait times we all have to endure. Don't jump to conclusions when you're not capable of 4th grade comprehension in your second language. Keep your political crap out of this forum. I don't appreciate being cursed out in French, either. You think I can't understand that? And by the way, don't ever set foot in Nova Scotia. Your kind are not welcome here.

Tu es completement débile.
I greatly appreciate the personal insults ... Sighs ... You're the one who jumps to conclusions here. The equivalent of "Tabarnak, il y en a qui font chier icitte" = "F_ck! Some people here really pisses me off! ". 100% Bilingual members like Shiny88 can confirm it to you.

It was not an insult to you, but the simple truth. MY TRUTH. Yes, I do not like being thrown in the face that 22 months, it's not so long. I, who have seen my wife only once since my wedding in November 2010; I who live separated from my wife for almost 2 years; I'm sorry if I am unable to laugh at your "joke". How many people here waiting to be reunited with their lovers have laughed at your joke? How many people here are agreed that 22 months, it's not that long?
Let me point out that at no time, I have personally insulted you. You, in the other hand, you declared that my understanding of English does not exceed the level of a Grade 4 student. You also say that I am not welcome in Nova Scotia (my kind are not). What is my kind? Could you be more specific? You also say that I am a severely retarded ...

I only stated facts. That's it. I've never concerned myself with politic. Under Trudeau, I was paying taxes. Under Mulroney, I was paying taxes. Under Chretien, I was paying taxes. Under Harper, I'm still paying taxes. Under the next guy, I'll still pay taxes. Regardless of the person in power, I will not be richer. What I am saying is that I don’t care about politic as long it does not affect me personally in my life. The waiting time of 22 months, I'm sorry, this affects me.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Taycaoco said:
I greatly appreciate the personal insults ... Sighs ... You're the one who jumps to conclusions here. The equivalent of "Tabarnak, il y en a qui font chier icitte" = "F_ck! Some people here really pisses me off! ". 100% Bilingual members like Shiny88 can confirm it to you.

It was not an insult to you, but the simple truth. MY TRUTH. Yes, I do not like being thrown in the face that 22 months, it's not so long. I, who have seen my wife only once since my wedding in November 2010; I who live separated from my wife for almost 2 years; I'm sorry if I am unable to laugh at your "joke". How many people here waiting to be reunited with their lovers have laughed at your joke? How many people here are agreed that 22 months, it's not that long?
Let me point out that at no time, I have personally insulted you. You, in the other hand, you declared that my understanding of English does not exceed the level of a Grade 4 student. You also say that I am not welcome in Nova Scotia (my kind are not). What is my kind? Could you be more specific? You also say that I am a severely retarded ...

I only stated facts. That's it. I've never concerned myself with politic. Under Trudeau, I was paying taxes. Under Mulroney, I was paying taxes. Under Chretien, I was paying taxes. Under Harper, I'm still paying taxes. Under the next guy, I'll still pay taxes. Regardless of the person in power, I will not be richer. What I am saying is that I don't care about politic as long it does not affect me personally in my life. The waiting time of 22 months, I'm sorry, this affects me.
@ bluenoser the word''Tabarnak''is not even equivalent to "f***" to me , its Often used when things go wrong or to overstate/amplify an emotion/state of mind, or to express disgust... I used to use the word tabarnak very often when i used to live in Montreal. And like i would say '' il fait chaud tabarnak''= ''its hot Tabarnak''=tabarnak is really a word to express anger or dissapointment not really an insult. if i say ''F*** you tabarnak'' then it doesnt mean f*** you F***. You know what i mean. Hope you dont mind. I just wanna say thatTaycaoco didnt insult you in any way, but said ''Some people pisses me off "TABARNAK=ANGER,DISSAPOINTMENt)

@Taycaoco: I know how you feel, i married in december 2009, applied one year after marriage because iwas unemployed and its been almost 3years am waiting, and trust me this waiting is killling me, and whoever would say its not too long its an unsult to me too because i stoped my life from doing so many thing i would like to do, enjoy my life, plan a future with my husband but i CANT!Not only that emotionally and mentally i am very weak, and i get weaker and weaker each day. We will never get this time back. And its very unfair that people applied later than us are already living a wonderful life. I cry almost every day and think about giving up. I sometime expect death because reality is to hard to cope with. All the people who used the system i hope they are happy, because they are one big reason why we are suffering!

OrangeFlame

May 24, 2012
OrangeFlame said:
Hi all,

I sent in my app in feb.
app was transfered to singapore end of May.

Thing is, my wife is from Taiwan, according to the CIC website the visa office that handles spouse apps for Taiwan is the Hong Kong office. I'm wondering why we were transfered to the singapore office and if this is normal?
Anyone able to answer this question? I'm getting worried from every little thing because of this lack of communication from CIC and lack information from ecas. I know it's probably normal, but I think all of us need every little piece of mind we can get.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
OrangeFlame said:
Anyone able to answer this question? I'm getting worried from every little thing because of this lack of communication from CIC and lack information from ecas. I know it's probably normal, but I think all of us need every little piece of mind we can get.
The lack of communication this soon is normal but I'd look into that if I were you.

Maybe start a separate thread on it. There are quite a few vets here that might be able to help you out.