10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
bdlugger,

send CHC Singapore a Self addressed Pre Pay Envelope of UPS/FedEx for the safe return of your passport once its ready to be sent.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
jnathan said:
bdlugger,

send CHC Singapore a Self addressed Pre Pay Envelope of UPS/FedEx for the safe return of your passport once its ready to be sent.
Duly noted! But I honestly think registered mail are safer, liability issue (transferred to CHC-Singapore) as I articulated in a previous post. However, it is perhaps a good idea depending on the quality of experience people have who already have gone through that process. So I would urge to all, who dealt with CHC-Singapore on this matter, to share their experience to compare registered mail vs fedex/DHL.....PLEASE!! It sure will enrich the forum with information that applicants will often have question(s) about.

Amy, Yes I am .

Tiemline:
Applied: End of Feb, 2011, CHC-Singapore received file: Mar 23, 2011.
Re-med and passport request: March 1, 2012
Passport submitted after re-med: April 10, 2012.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
You think registered Government mail system is more reliable than UPS/DHL/FedEx?
lol.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
bdlugger said:
Amy, Yes I am .

Tiemline:
Applied: End of Feb, 2011, CHC-Singapore received file: Mar 23, 2011.
Re-med and passport request: March 1, 2012
Passport submitted after re-med: April 10, 2012.
Thanks a lot. Could you please tell me what is the status on your ecas? Is it In Process or Application received? If In process than when has Singapore started processing your application? Sorry too much questions. Actually I am trying to figure out how long Singapore actually takes to request PPR after ecas shows In Process.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
bdlugger said:
Duly noted! But I honestly think registered mail are safer, liability issue (transferred to CHC-Singapore) as I articulated in a previous post. However, it is perhaps a good idea depending on the quality of experience people have who already have gone through that process. So I would urge to all, who dealt with CHC-Singapore on this matter, to share their experience to compare registered mail vs fedex/DHL.....PLEASE!! It sure will enrich the forum with information that applicants will often have question(s) about.
I sent my passport from Bangladesh to Buffalo, USA through DHL. I am very impressed with their service. Registered mail is good. I heard from GPO that it may take sometimes longer time than the general post. So I never tried the registered mail. I asked Canada post also about the registered mail. They also told me the same thing. My friend sent my passport from Canada to Bangladesh through general mail by Canada Post because of the faster service. I received my passport just within 10 days. If she used express post it would take the same time or sometimes more. I had no option because I was in a rush.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
jnathan said:
You think registered Government mail system is more reliable than UPS/DHL/FedEx?
lol.
Yes I do, from the liability standpoint. It just takes longer, no surprise there! So when you say if I think it is more reliable, it somehow shifts the focus to something other than what I meant, may be I was not clear. However, it would be premature from my part to be conclusive or make any other comments on this subject as I have limited/no knowledge. Thus I requested the forum members, with experience alike, to educate me and others. Amy already shared her experience and I am sure we will have more to follow.

On this same note, does anyone know whether CHC-Singapore sends out e-mail to notify you that your passport is ready to be picked or they send a letter. Trying to guestimate (???) the timeframe.

Amy,
The file went in process in Feb 1, 2012 as per ecas. CHC-singapore never asked for any docs in the meantime. Good luck to you!

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
bdlugger said:
Amy,
The file went in process in Feb 1, 2012 as per ecas. CHC-singapore never asked for any docs in the meantime. Good luck to you!
Do you have any idea why it took them so long in your case ?

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
bdlugger said:
Yes I do, from the liability standpoint. It just takes longer, no surprise there! So when you say if I think it is more reliable, it somehow shifts the focus to something other than what I meant, may be I was not clear. However, it would be premature from my part to be conclusive or make any other comments on this subject as I have limited/no knowledge. Thus I requested the forum members, with experience alike, to educate me and others. Amy already shared her experience and I am sure we will have more to follow.

On this same note, does anyone know whether CHC-Singapore sends out e-mail to notify you that your passport is ready to be picked or they send a letter. Trying to guestimate (???) the timeframe.

Amy,
They sent me an email saying that my passport was ready with visa and to send a prepaid envelope if I wanted it sent by courier or they would mail it by registered mail. In my case I had my relatives in singapore pick it up on my behalf and courier it to me. Also I think I have figured out why it takes longer for them to return passport for some and a short time for others. Basically it depends on the date your medical will expire since you have to land in Canada on or before that date. They process passports first for persons whose meds will expire soon such as my case as my meds will expire in July, 2012. In your case since you have done re-med March, 2012 you have till March, 2013 to enter Canada so they are in no hurry to process your passport. Medicals have a validity of one year.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Bangladesh for example, has a postal system that reflects it’s government – corrupt. I sent a friend in Bangladesh a new, sealed, Kenny G CD via airmail. It arrived at her door three months later. According to her it had been at the post office in Dhaka for two and a half months. The CD had slight scratching and the booklet showed signs of heavy usage. Based on that experience, I’d conclude that the post office in Bangladesh is corrupt

Another story,

I am very upset with the Bangladesh Post Office..When I send my fiance a letter sometimes he gets it and sometimes he doesn't..I sent him a beautiful handmade Christmas card and he has not received it yet and i sent it well before Christmas...I put twice the amount of postage required and he still doesn't get it...What are they doing to my letter and why are they stealing it or throwing it in the trash can...Are they crazy? This makes me very upset..They did this last Fall with my pictures I sent him...I sent him nice pictures i made especially for him and he never got them...the address and postage are correct and verified so why they want to be soo hateful to me...Is it cause I am from USA? I think they hate USA and throw our letters in garbage can..Oh my! I am so upset..!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070110042923AAfJY7s

Something more Dangerous is during the days of Diversity visa, Many Lottery winning letters were given to miscreants and extortionists who claimed thousands of dollars from the innocent lottery winners, many failed to provide the money and lost their luck.

Do you want your passport to go into those hands through the corrupt Postal service officials?
You will surely loose your passport to enternity then !

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
jnathan said:
Bangladesh for example, has a postal system that reflects it's government – corrupt. I sent a friend in Bangladesh a new, sealed, Kenny G CD via airmail. It arrived at her door three months later. According to her it had been at the post office in Dhaka for two and a half months. The CD had slight scratching and the booklet showed signs of heavy usage. Based on that experience, I'd conclude that the post office in Bangladesh is corrupt

Another story,

I am very upset with the Bangladesh Post Office..When I send my fiance a letter sometimes he gets it and sometimes he doesn't..I sent him a beautiful handmade Christmas card and he has not received it yet and i sent it well before Christmas...I put twice the amount of postage required and he still doesn't get it...What are they doing to my letter and why are they stealing it or throwing it in the trash can...Are they crazy? This makes me very upset..They did this last Fall with my pictures I sent him...I sent him nice pictures i made especially for him and he never got them...the address and postage are correct and verified so why they want to be soo hateful to me...Is it cause I am from USA? I think they hate USA and throw our letters in garbage can..Oh my! I am so upset..!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070110042923AAfJY7s

Something more Dangerous is during the days of Diversity visa, Many Lottery winning letters were given to miscreants and extortionists who claimed thousands of dollars from the innocent lottery winners, many failed to provide the money and lost their luck.

Do you want your passport to go into those hands through the corrupt Postal service officials?
You will surely loose your passport to enternity then !
How come your fiancé never told you not to use postal service of Bangladesh? We don't use postal service at all. I am using DHL all the time. Or hand carry by travellers. Once I have sent my husband a card for his birthday and also send him another card and gifts through DHL he got my DHL packets on time and got the mailed card month and a half later. To get the card my husband has to regularly give money to the mail man. Even he went to the post office Hub and gave them some money and requested to delivery my card to him..lolzzz DHL is best it is expensive but guaranteed. With Singapore also we are using DHL and SVO got all our documents on time.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Bangladesh Government operated Postal Service = Worst, you need your luck to get your mails, could supply your valuable documents to 3rd party blackmailers who could then demand huge amount of money for releasing it from them.
DHL/UPS/FedEx = Best, costly a bit, still chance of losing your document is less than 000.1%

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
jnathan said:
Bangladesh Government operated Postal Service = Worst, you need your luck to get your mails, could supply your valuable documents to 3rd party blackmailers who could then demand huge amount of money for releasing it from them.
DHL/UPS/FedEx = Best, costly a bit, still chance of losing your document is less than 000.1%
I know finding someone trustworthy is not easy. Actually I use my family members and relatives to hand carry. Not everybody has this option available to them. For them I would say DHL is best for Bangladesh.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
calvinh said:
They sent me an email saying that my passport was ready with visa and to send a prepaid envelope if I wanted it sent by courier or they would mail it by registered mail. In my case I had my relatives in singapore pick it up on my behalf and courier it to me. Also I think I have figured out why it takes longer for them to return passport for some and a short time for others. Basically it depends on the date your medical will expire since you have to land in Canada on or before that date. They process passports first for persons whose meds will expire soon such as my case as my meds will expire in July, 2012. In your case since you have done re-med March, 2012 you have till March, 2013 to enter Canada so they are in no hurry to process your passport. Medicals have a validity of one year.
It sure make sense!!

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
jnathan said:
I get it, registered mail sucks in BD, and you must have a lot of confidence on DHL/UPS/FedEx- 000.1% is equal to 0.1% ;D
So to send my passport via DHL, I need to give them an authorization so that they can carry my passport, right?