02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Taycaoco said:
Hi everyone. I'm sponsoring my wife and Singapore received my application in February 2011.

Here's a short background of my story to give you a picture of my case. In July 2010, my uncle introduced me to the daughter of his sworn brother. I talked with her on the phone for the first time on July 24th 2010. We get along immediately; we share the same interests, we have the same age, a University degree in the same field, etc., and the most important of course, we are mutually attracted to one another. In short, we have many things in common and we believe that we are made for each other.

We talked on the phone for a month and by the end of August 2010, I proposed to her. Our engagement ceremony took place in September (without my presence, but 20 members of my family who live in Vietnam were there) and in November, I flew to Vietnam for the wedding with my grand-parents from USA and my dad. Over 100 people attended our wedding. She did her medical exam a few days later. I stayed for 6 weeks over there. Here is the timeline:

Mississauga received application: January 14th 2011
Files transferred: February 9th 2011
Singapore received application: February 17th 2011
A letter informing us that she is on a waiting list for an interview: December 1st 2011

When can I expect to receive the second letter that will give me the interview date? Please tell me about your own experience so I could see the shortest and the longest waiting time. A lot of people received the second letter after 4-5 months, but what is the absolute record here? 2 years?

Thank you very much all and congratulation to the people who will reunite with their loved ones soon. Quelqu'un parle français ici?
Hi you received your interview letter after 10months and me 7months since SG received our app, And i never received the second letter confirming the date..6months running for me! i have no idea theres no timeline with them, i dont know how to uncode their weird processing time.

CPC-M. rec. app: February 9,2011
CPC-M. start proc: March 9,2011
SG. VO. rec. app:March 17,2011
SG. VO. sent intrv. letter:October 19,2011

Our timeline is close only the interview letter you received months after me,
lets see from there what happen, keep me updated.
I dont know where this unknown destiny will end up...

D'ailleur je parle francais aussi la une pure quebecoise:D !

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
Hi you received your interview letter after 10months and me 7months since SG received our app, And i never received the second letter confirming the date..6months running for me! i have no idea theres no timeline with them, i dont know how to uncode their weird processing time.

My time line

App. Filed.......: 13-April-2011
SG. VO. rec. app:May 26,2011
SG. VO. sent intrv. letter: Sep 9,2011

E-cas :''application received'' @

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Shiny88 said:

Did you receive gcms notes? Noakhali is also hot but not like Dhaka. Noakhali is quit and calm, drinking freshbaby cocunut drink is great. Addrees are stilldisappear
any one get any news from SGN? I pray for all. Waiting is a anonter full time job without pay and lot of stress and anoxiety. I wish all the best to all of them.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
mirjahan said:
Did you receive gcms notes? Noakhali is also hot but not like Dhaka. Noakhali is quit and calm, drinking freshbaby cocunut drink is great. Addrees are stilldisappear
any one get any news from SGN? I pray for all. Waiting is a anonter full time job without pay and lot of stress and anoxiety. I wish all the best to all of them.
No bro no GMCS notes for me yet, crossing fingers to get it asap. sent the second of March so hopelly i will receive by the first week of April. Enjoy in bd how long r u staying?, when i go to bd i will go to noakhaali for less than 24hours lol, the whole generation will bug me to go to their place, and i wont have my time with my husband so thats my plan to start.lol i am planning on staying in coxs bazar and dhaka only..when i went in bd to marry, i had bad food poisoning iin the village.... so no attemp to be in the village.+snakes uff :eek:

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Shiny88 said:
It feels so baddd, everyone around me always ask me when ur husband's coming, all i can say is I DONT KNOW! All visa officer should be people who had real experience of sponsoring from abroad so they could know what is to live apart. The worst feeling is not knowing anything for months, no update AT ALL! dont we deserve to know, they should have a serial number, first come first serve until the END. how fair is to see people applying after us get things done way before us. How fair is that. so unrealistic. sometime i pinch myself thinking i am just having a nightmare, i want to wake up!!
Shiny
if you have another copy of SD card that you send to immigration with your wedding picture then print out the pictures and write on the back of each picture 1. who is in the picture,2. where the picture taken , when.
Go through the whole application copy that you have with you and update it. Make supporting documents to support the lack you have in your application and write a cover letter also to immigration officer stating that you wanted to include these supporting documents to your file. Make sure you put the file number, and mail all to Singapore. I think these will reduce some of confusion that VO has and also it could speed up your after and before interview time. I think in the interview they will ask you to provide more supporting documents ,so why not send them now so your after interview time lessen.

You can talk to Leon , sounds like he knows a lot about immigration. I am just telling you to do so because I have seen my friend did the same when her lawyer asked her to do so. After she sent additional supporting documents her husband got an interview and they asked him to do re-medical. He was shortly asked for pass port. My friend had the same mistake , she did not put some valuable documents with her file at the beginning and SG wasn't moving her file at all. She took a lawyer and the lawyer advised her to do so.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Shiny88 said:
No bro no GMCS notes for me yet, crossing fingers to get it asap. sent the second of March so hopelly i will receive by the first week of April. Enjoy in bd how long r u staying?, when i go to bd i will go to noakhaali for less than 24hours lol, the whole generation will bug me to go to their place, and i wont have my time with my husband so thats my plan to start.lol i am planning on staying in coxs bazar and dhaka only..when i went in bd to marry, i had bad food poisoning iin the village.... so no attemp to be in the village.+snakes uff :eek:
lol. Snakes? They look cool.

For me it's spiders. I dont like spiders. Unfortunately, while I was in Cambodia, it didnt take long for the wifes whole family to witness just how much I dont like them :-[.lol.

However, the one that caused my little episode was about the size of my wifes head(hanging in a web about a foot above my wife) so I dont feel too terrible about it. It would've freaked out any of my local buddies here too.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Shiny88 said:
I don't like snakes too :eek: I don't even look at the tv if there is any snakes in the show...

Why Singapore takes so long when I see New Delhi and Beijing applicants are landing now who applied on November 2011 :'( This is not fair not at all :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
Shiny88 said:

Hey Shiny, take it easy, you are already on the interview list, so you will get the interview, 6 months is just a half way. People from Vietnam like us have to wait 14-18 months to get the call for interview (on the letter they even said 24 months waiting).

Like you, I regrette not to figure out the process carefully before I sent the application. I didn't even have a marriage ceremony, which people warned as a critilcal thing, just registre with the authority, so the chance that i would skip the interview is very slim, meaning that I may wait for at least another 2 years to reunite with my family. The process is really ridiculus. However, The best thing we could do is well prepare for the interview, fill all the gaps, prove them that the relationship is genuine, serious even how "different" they may see your marriage.
I know all these things mean nothing in relationship, but the agents were trained to think "logically", so they will find the weakness to attack - as in the three year after parent die tradition exemple (no law allows such foolish tradition, you can get marrige even on the same day parent die) , and to force us to prouve the genuinity of the marriage.

About the money motivation for sponsorship approval, I don't think it is justified. I know many non- wealthy people skipped the interview and got the visa after 10 months. Fighting against the fraudulent Marriage is the real thing; We, unfortuantely, have no choice but to cope with it even though there are better way to prevent these "crime" :-X. At this very moment, someone offers the fake marriage for 20.000$. What can we do about it :D

Et moi aussi, je parle francais, y a quelqu'un a Montreal ici?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
libra81, how do you know how long the wait for interviews after the 1st letter are?

Any idea how long for spouses from Cambodia?

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
Hello121 said:
libra81, how do you know how long the wait for interviews after the 1st letter are?

Any idea how long for spouses from Cambodia?
I get the information from a Immigration forum for Vietnamnese. A member made the stat based on nearly hundred of cases from 2009-2012. You can trust the source.

I don't know about Cambodia but it may vary from country to country, Bangladesh timing is 5-7 months according to people around here. Check the local forum is good way.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
libra81 said:
I get the information from a Immigration forum for Vietnamnese. A member made the stat based on nearly hundred of cases from 2009-2012. You can trust the source.

I don't know about Cambodia but it may vary from country to country, Bangladesh timing is 5-7 months according to people around here. Check the local forum is good way.
I see. Thanks.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
alibaba_ctg said:
yes, i have conduct with MP Constituency Assistant she ask me go monday they bringing a immigration lawyer for me, lawyer will review my case wht's going on....
Hi alibaba_ctg,

may I know who is your MP?

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Anyone has any experience with police clearance certificate? Does it expire after one year like the medical exam? According to the info on CIC website, it doesn't. It states: "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application" but does not specifically indicate the expiry period. Did any one you know was required by Singapore VO to redo the police clearance certificate?

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Bold9900 said:
Hi alibaba_ctg,

may I know who is your MP?
IM in labador, i can't remember the name of MP right now, im going monday then i let u guy's know the update...

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Shaheenaz said:
Shiny
if you have another copy of SD card that you send to immigration with your wedding picture then print out the pictures and write on the back of each picture 1. who is in the picture,2. where the picture taken , when.
Go through the whole application copy that you have with you and update it. Make supporting documents to support the lack you have in your application and write a cover letter also to immigration officer stating that you wanted to include these supporting documents to your file. Make sure you put the file number, and mail all to Singapore. I think these will reduce some of confusion that VO has and also it could speed up your after and before interview time. I think in the interview they will ask you to provide more supporting documents ,so why not send them now so your after interview time lessen.

You can talk to Leon , sounds like he knows a lot about immigration. I am just telling you to do so because I have seen my friend did the same when her lawyer asked her to do so. After she sent additional supporting documents her husband got an interview and they asked him to do re-medical. He was shortly asked for pass port. My friend had the same mistake , she did not put some valuable documents with her file at the beginning and SG wasn't moving her file at all. She took a lawyer and the lawyer advised her to do so.
I wish i could send supporting dcuments, but on the interview letter it states that no additional documents should be sent. If i would know about sending supporting document before receiving the interview letter maybe that would help but i guess now theres nothing to do but gather everything and bring to the interview.:(