12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
Is that right, great let me know what they do on ur behalf, if any good things happens with their help
i will contact my MP too. So you contacted the federal and provincial MP of your city right.,i think i will contact the federal
soon.thanks
yes, i have conduct with MP Constituency Assistant she ask me go monday they bringing a immigration lawyer for me, lawyer will review my case wht's going on....

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shaheenaz said:
ctg( chatgaiya bhai )

could you please give me the number and name of the MP whom I can also contact for my case ?
my love, i don't know which area u'r ? add me no skype vinci2ca, Thanks

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
ggood said:
Hello. I have a question. A person that I know. His Wife went for a Interview in Saigon this week and they said no for the Visa. The resason that they married a year after her mother passsed away. (It is a no no for three years to get married after a mother or farther dies) they why did you get married then.

So what is the process now? are appeals succesfull? Lawer needed?

Thank you for your time.
wow, what a bad decision made by the VO. Decisions should be based on facts and not on cultural differences between the countries. a letter will be sent and will inform you that you can appeal. lawyer may be helpful.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Shaheenaz said:
Shiny
Same here. I look so tired and I am so unmindful now a days, because I am always thinking of immigration. When I drive I don't even fully focused on driving I am thinking of immigration. All days and nights it's Singapore Singapore Singapore :( :'( I am one dangerous unmindful driver on WHY 401 & 404 :'( lol caused by the same waiting game :p kidding ..

Did you give them all pictures of your wedding? I have given them all pictures, the day we met and engagement to wedding, and after wedding ceremony plus honeymoon. It took me 5/6 months to gather all supporting documents and complete the file :(
LOL is that right, i hope not crossing you while i drive then lol. Me too at work, and when i am home is only immigration, reading post in this forum about all sort of thing abot interview and timeline.lol i am going insane.The worst is loosing hair :S i applied 1year after i came back to canada after marrying becase i didnt have a job tht time and was studying i am sure its a big confusing thing to them but i told my husband to make them read the agreement of sponsoring so they will get the reason... I sent 5,6picture the rest was on on memory card!!! i didnt even know that they dont check electronic device FML no wonder why we are on the interview list. I wish from my heart all of us waiting will get good update soon. that we all gonna be united to our spouse in near near near future:)..

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
alibaba_ctg said:
yes, i have conduct with MP Constituency Assistant she ask me go monday they bringing a immigration lawyer for me, lawyer will review my case wht's going on....
So i dont get it, the MP's assistant provide u a lawyer??or you hired one for your file?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Amy612 said:
Shaheenaz and shiny,
I am going through the same situation like you. Busy with my daughgter and rest of the time occupied by immigration.. :) It's my full time job reading the same old posts in different forum, and check ecas. Don't know when it will b over.
Yes, i am also a full time worker of Immigration confusion LMAO:(, i read posts, and also refresh singapore timeline very often to see if anyone had any update that can make me feel good LOL,so hopeless,but lets just cross our fingers and pray!!! good news is right on the corner!!!

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Shaheenaz said:
Did you ever see "Medical results have been received" on your wife's E-CAS (for Permanent Residence) ? Do you see your wife's address on her E-CAS for Application for Permanent Residence? Sorry that I confused you. By AOR, I meant if you have ever received any Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) from Singapore and I got your answer that you did not. Sorry again; by "is there any way out, I meant if there is a way to know if Singapore has received my husband's Application for Permanent Residence. Thanks.
No, I never have seen 'medical results received'. I only saw application for pr recieved on my e-cas. After about 5 or 6 months with no response from Singapore, I went to my MP and asked that they look into it. After 2 weeks they got back to me and said that Singapore would be looking into my file sometime in Oct. In November my wife recieved the interview letter by mail. :( Was also explained to me that my wifes medical would expire soon and to NOT get another done until told to do so. :(

The only thing I can think of is for you to ask your local MP to get some info for you and it looks like you are doing that. I hope your MP sounds more positive for you than mine did for me.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Of 14 friends and co-workers of mine that have sponsored their spouses before me, I am now the one who has waited the longest at 14+ months(with no end anytime soon).

I am pretty flippin pissed but its my wife who I really feel bad for.

So these VO's are supposed to be government professionals eh?

Interesting stat: of the 14 couples above, ALL are still together(most with children) and doing well.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
So i dont get it, the MP's assistant provide u a lawyer??or you hired one for your file?
no, i didn't hired anyone, i think my MP arranging a lawyer for me, i will findout monday..
then i let u know....

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
ggood said:
Hello. I have a question. A person that I know. His Wife went for a Interview in Saigon this week and they said no for the Visa. The resason that they married a year after her mother passsed away. (It is a no no for three years to get married after a mother or farther dies) they why did you get married then.

So what is the process now? are appeals succesfull? Lawer needed?

Thank you for your time.
Wow, that's terrible. But yes, we were warned before we even got married that the VO would look for things like that-- that is, how closely local customs were followed for the engagement, wedding, etc. That's why we made sure to follow Vietnamese engagement and wedding customs as closely as possible. We even got my parents onto Skype so they would be able to address those assembled at the engagement; everyone there told us that it's very rare for the parents of a foreigner to be present in any way at the engagement ceremony, so I think that was a big plus for us. But the reality is, not everyone who lives in Vietnam will want to have a big, huge, traditional ceremony complete with ao dai, frilly pink decorations and red gifts boxes full of fruits and nuts. A lot of younger people living in Ho Chi Minh City might want a shorter, smaller Western-style wedding. And they may not care about the three years thing-- some people get over it within the first year. It's sad to see that CIC's "cultural playbook" doesn't include these newer, evolving expressions of culture, but I suppose they assume that people who get married according to traditions are more likely to be involved in genuine relationships than people who don't. The rest of us become victims of statistics. I guess my wife and us are lucky-- we got married in March 2010, and her father passed away in August. We might have had to wait several more years for her to even set foot in Canada.

As for appeals, yes, they work, as people have noted here. We haven't experienced this ourselves, but there are plenty of stories here from people who have appealed and won. It takes patience and confidence in the genuine nature of your relationship. Be convinced, gather up solid evidence, and form strong arguments, and it'll be easier to convince others. As long as your friend can show enough evidence and come up with convincing explanations as to why the marriage happened legitimately the way it did, he should be able to make it through. Otherwise, it might be a hard battle.

libra81

Dec 8, 2011
I got the response regarding file # from singapore yesterday, only 24 hours after I sent the message. It was really fast considering that many people around here had to wait much longer for the reply.

I think VO did't take much time to read and reply the messages, but they only response to the mail which they regard as " necessary" or suitable to the process.

Look like people in here come mainly from Bangladesh, Philippine, and Vietnam just like me. Do you have any idea about HOW they process the application? I do some research, gather some informations in various forums and figure out my-self some ideas about the process.

Based in the cases that I know, after the file was transferred to Singapore, I think the process is gonna be like this:

Stage 1 (7-10 months): file is opened and processed, if luckily they aprouved the application without interview required, then visa would be issued within 4 weeks

Stage 2: if the applicant was called for the interview, he/she would have to wait another 14-24 months-for people in Vietnam-( applicants other countries may be called for the interview sonner); Visa will be issued once the appilcant pass the interview

Stage 3: if she/he fails the interview, then the couple have to choose between to go to the court or re-apply. People may win the appeal but they may lose too. In case they continue to appeal to the High Court, they cannot re-apply if lose there.

I don't buy the story about the three years law after parent die, because it sounds a little bit nonsense. I think his/her file is flawed somewhere, making agent feels unsure about the relationship, then he will reject the application.

It is true that VO process the applications case by case depending on the situation of each, original countries, and even "culture", yet they have to follow some STANDARD evaluations just as they process the skills worker. In my opinion, these following factors matter when it comes to spouse sponsorship processing:
- First time or not fisrt time marriage
- Duration time the couple spend together
- Age difference
- Educational difference
- Language difference
- Sometime, having family relationship in Canada matters, ironically, not having one is a plus :-X

However, the most important thing is we have to prove to them that our relationship is genuine, serious and sustainable. Even if you provide them with tons of evidences: namely marriage pics, rings, phone bills..., but if they are suspicious of one of those factors above, they reject you anyway.

Sadly, there is nothing we can do about it. So I think let hope for the best but expect for the worst.

I believe in our love and put it in the hand of God, that would help me deal with the tough waiting time.

Good luck to everybody and hope all get the reunion very soon.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
libra81 said:
I got the response regarding file # from singapore yesterday, only 24 hours after I sent the message. It was really fast considering that many people around here had to wait much longer for the reply.

I think VO did't take much time to read and reply the messages, but they only response to the mail which they regard as " necessary" or suitable to the process.
well said..i couldn't agree more..

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
libra81 said:

Look like people in here come mainly from Bangladesh, Philippine, and Vietnam just like me. Do you have any idea about HOW they process the application? I do some research, gather some informations in various forums and figure out my-self some ideas about the process.

Based in the cases that I know, after the file was transferred to Singapore, I think the process is gonna be like this:

Stage 1 (7-10 months): file is opened and processed, if luckily they aprouved the application without interview required, then visa would be issued within 4 weeks

Stage 2: if the applicant was called for the interview, he/she would have to wait another 14-24 months-for people in Vietnam-( applicants other countries may be called for the interview sonner); Visa will be issued once the appilcant pass the interview

Stage 3: if she/he fails the interview, then the couple have to choose between to go to the court or re-apply. People may win the appeal but they may lose too. In case they continue to appeal to the High Court, they cannot re-apply if lose there.

I don't buy the story about the three years law after parent die, because it sounds a little bit nonsense. I think his/her file is flawed somewhere, making agent feels unsure about the relationship, then he will reject the application.

It is true that VO process the applications case by case depending on the situation of each, original countries, and even "culture", yet they have to follow some STANDARD evaluations just as they process the skills worker. In my opinion, these following factors matter when it comes to spouse sponsorship processing:
- First time or not fisrt time marriage
- Duration time the couple spend together
- Age difference
- Educational difference
- Language difference
- Sometime, having family relationship in Canada matters, ironically, not having one is a plus :-X

However, the most important thing is we have to prove to them that our relationship is genuine, serious and sustainable. Even if you provide them with tons of evidences: namely marriage pics, rings, phone bills..., but if they are suspicious of one of those factors above, they reject you anyway.

Sadly, there is nothing we can do about it. So I think let hope for the best but expect for the worst.

I believe in our love and put it in the hand of God, that would help me deal with the tough waiting time.

Good luck to everybody and hope all get the reunion very soon.
You are lucky to get response in such a short time, some of us never had any response back like me!
So i am thinking people who have marriage of convenience, they pprepare their application with more attention and get every proofs before sending their app. and have good result,they are the one who never gets the interview letter i am telling you.
I applied without making any research and not giving too much of proofs, since i didnt know how strict and critical this process could be. Now i regret not doing so, If my husband and I could just go trough a lie detector and prove our relationship we would do it right away.
The visa office should give lie detector test to both spouse so they dont need damn paper proofs...! Just ask me the damn question i will tell you whats the truth!
Its very sad, the list you gave means nothing! its not a way to think the marriage is not genuine. Theres no age to love or time. Neitheir education!! am telling you, i dated people who were much more educated than me, so that means what? Our relation wasnt true because we fell in love and dont have the same crap?! thats sick , they should change the way they screen genuine and nongenuine marriage! LIE DETECTOR WOULD DO THE JOB!And also people who arent togheter after coming in canada should be deported right away! thats it!!! why make suffer the innocent, AND THOSe WHO USeD(use) The SYSTem TO come in CANADA I F##K them! ...am so frustrated with the POOR JOB of these officers and process..

wait wait wait.... we will never get back the time lost by waiting ..what a sad reality.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Hello121 said:
Of 14 friends and co-workers of mine that have sponsored their spouses before me, I am now the one who has waited the longest at 14+ months(with no end anytime soon).

I am pretty flippin pissed but its my wife who I really feel bad for.

So these VO's are supposed to be government professionals eh?

Interesting stat: of the 14 couples above, ALL are still together(most with children) and doing well.
It feels so baddd, everyone around me always ask me when ur husband's coming, all i can say is I DONT KNOW! All visa officer should be people who had real experience of sponsoring from abroad so they could know what is to live apart. The worst feeling is not knowing anything for months, no update AT ALL! dont we deserve to know, they should have a serial number, first come first serve until the END. how fair is to see people applying after us get things done way before us. How fair is that. so unrealistic. sometime i pinch myself thinking i am just having a nightmare, i want to wake up!!

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Hi everyone. I'm sponsoring my wife and Singapore received my application in February 2011.

Here's a short background of my story to give you a picture of my case. In July 2010, my uncle introduced me to the daughter of his sworn brother. I talked with her on the phone for the first time on July 24th 2010. We get along immediately; we share the same interests, we have the same age, a University degree in the same field, etc., and the most important of course, we are mutually attracted to one another. In short, we have many things in common and we believe that we are made for each other.

We talked on the phone for a month and by the end of August 2010, I proposed to her. Our engagement ceremony took place in September (without my presence, but 20 members of my family who live in Vietnam were there) and in November, I flew to Vietnam for the wedding with my grand-parents from USA and my dad. Over 100 people attended our wedding. She did her medical exam a few days later. I stayed for 6 weeks over there. Here is the timeline:

Mississauga received application: January 14th 2011
Files transferred: February 9th 2011
Singapore received application: February 17th 2011
A letter informing us that she is on a waiting list for an interview: December 1st 2011

When can I expect to receive the second letter that will give me the interview date? Please tell me about your own experience so I could see the shortest and the longest waiting time. A lot of people received the second letter after 4-5 months, but what is the absolute record here? 2 years?

Thank you very much all and congratulation to the people who will reunite with their loved ones soon. Quelqu'un parle français ici?