Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Shineon39 said:
That what I believe ;).
I'm getting frustrated that so many other VO's are handing out DM's like hot cakes, even ones with longer processing times than SVO, and none of us have heard anything.

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
ImABule said:
I'm getting frustrated that so many other VO's are handing out DM's like hot cakes, even ones with longer processing times than SVO, and none of us have heard anything.
Agreed 150% :mad:

ames219

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-DEC-2015
AOR Received.
04-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Sep-2015/ Redo medical request Oct 6th 2016
Interview........
In queue 21st June 2016/ Interview cancelled Oct 6th
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
ImABule said:
I hear ya, it's so so frustrating. It's funny cos being from Singapore myself, i had hoped that everything would run alot more efficiently there haha. i guess the other 10 countries SVO takes care of slows things down quite a bit.

M

mikeymyke

ames219 said:
I hear ya, it's so so frustrating. It's funny cos being from Singapore myself, i had hoped that everything would run alot more efficiently there haha. i guess the other 10 countries SVO takes care of slows things down quite a bit.
Thats precisely it. Singapore itself isnt an issue as its a wealthy country with minimal marriage fraud. I read a report a few years ago that said the #1 reason SVO has long processing times was due to the family class sponsorship from Vietnam and how it had high fraud rates. Its just because due to geography that singapore would be put in same group as the other SE Asian countries

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Thats precisely it. Singapore itself isnt an issue as its a wealthy country with minimal marriage fraud. I read a report a few years ago that said the #1 reason SVO has long processing times was due to the family class sponsorship from Vietnam and how it had high fraud rates. Its just because due to geography that singapore would be put in same group as the other SE Asian countries
I've read from various sources that not only Vietnam, but also Thailand, Cambodia, and Bangladesh are also high risk countries regarding marriage fraud. I think this is reflected by the current country specific processing times - 23m Vietnam, 29m Thailand, 26m Cambodia, and 25m Bangladesh.

All the remaining countries are all 17m with the exception of Singapore which is 12m.

What frustrates me is that India says 19m and is handing out visa's and COPR's to March 2016 applicants. Indonesia is 17m and nothing.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Having a recommended pass is a great thing, however you're not completely out of the woods yet. There will be a second officer who will evaluate your relationship, you will see this in the GCMS notes later on. If he also says recommend wav, and/or you see the second guy say "Decision: Approved, request passport for visa issuance", then you know 100% you're in the clear.
Initially it was recommended pass for me but later I found in the GCMS note that they wrote recommended interview!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Initially it was recommended pass for me but later I found in the GCMS note that they wrote recommended interview!
Interesting

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
Hasan9999 said:
I'm happy for getting recommend passed but I dont rely on it to much. How long after you applied did they sent the interview letter hasan9999 and how was your interview?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Shineon39 said:
I'm happy for getting recommend passed but I dont rely on it to much. How long after you applied did they sent the interview letter hasan9999 and how was your interview?
Reading his thread about interview preparation I think it's safe to assume he aced the interview. I also know he has paid RPRF and done the re-medical. Think PPR is imminent!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Shineon39 said:
Check this the whole interview experience :

Re: Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations
« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2016, 05:50:46 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
MY INTERVIEW AT DHAKA TODAY

Today I faced my interview at Canadian HC, Dhaka after waiting two and half years. After security checking I reported to the front office. A local smart young man was sitting there who gave me a single page form to fill it up containing the following information:
-Your sponsor's nick name
-Your nick name
- If you stay with your parents/brothers/
sisters OR with your father/mother in laws, their names and contact numbers.
- Your residential address
- Your employer's name, contact number

I sat in the waiting area where three family were waiting for interview. There are 4/5 interview rooms. Loud conversations of ongoing interviews were being heard from some rooms!

After waiting for about 30 minutes, the front office executive announced my name and advised me to proceed to the designated interview room. There were two people sitting inside the glass chamber, one middle aged Singaporean lady interviewer and another local young man (around 25 years old) introduced as interpreter (although I never asked for the interpreter and continued in English till end!). The questions the interviewer asked were:

- Why have you lost your previous PR status?
- Who sponsored you?
- When did your sponsor go to Canada and in what status?
-Were you included when your sponsor entered Canada with immigration ?
- How many children you have? What are their age? What are they doing? Where are they now?
- Is your wife (sponsor) working? (She didn't want details of her work, or where she works!)
- Does your wife live in rented or own house? (I said we own jointly).
- Why you couldn't maintain your previous residency obligation?
- When did you return from Canada?
- What are you doing now here?
- Give description of your businesses and how you are involved in those business?
- What's your plan with these businesses if your visa is approved?
- What will you do when you go to Canada?
- When did your sponsor last meet you? Where? For how long you stayed together?
-Do you have recent pictures of your wife and children with you?
- How did you celebrate your wife's last birthday ? Was there any surprise gift from you?
- How do you communicate with your wife? (I said she is most of the time on FaceTime with me, several hours everyday!)
- Do you have FaceBook page? Do you have your family photograph on your FaceBook page? In your friend list whether your wife, son and daughter included. If not, why not?
- When you travel abroad, do you take your wife? If no, why not?
- Do you have any visa refusals from any country?
- Show me your all passports(I showed current and all expired passports) Why did you visit Singapore,Thailand, Saudi Arabia ? What are the other countries you have travelled so far & why?
-Why have you visited India so many times?

- What assets you have?

- Are your businesses profitable? How much are you getting from each business? Any proof of income?

- How much is your net worth ?

- We received allegation against you for drug trafficking. What do you have to say? (I said it is absolutely ridiculous and untrue. I have never ever involved in any kind of crime whatsoever in my whole life). It seems that she asked me this question very dramatically with kind of hidden smile on her face!
- Where do you live?Who lives with you?
- Where is your police clearance? (I gave police clearance from Bangladesh. She asked me to send police clearance from Canada as well, because I stayed there over six months in the past.

During the entire interview, the interpreter sat besides her. At the end, she said she will inform the decision within 4 weeks. The interviewer seemed emotionless, always busy looking at her computer, scrolling quickly all the time and asking questions very randomly.

The interview lasted for about 45 minutes up to 10.35 am. At 11.30 am, the interpreter called my business partner over phone and discussed about the business for 10 minutes. The purpose was to cross check the information I provided. But he raised some other irrelevant issues like her other business or social involvement, if any. She said she is the member of Rotay Int. and Inner Wheel Club.

The interviewer didn't clearly tell about the outcome of the interview. So I have to wait 4 weeks to get the result.

Hasan9999

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ImABule said:
Reading his thread about interview preparation I think it's safe to assume he aced the interview. I also know he has paid RPRF and done the re-medical. Think PPR is imminent!
Thank you. Hope you will hear good news too!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Check this the whole interview experience :

Re: Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations
« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2016, 05:50:46 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
MY INTERVIEW AT DHAKA TODAY

Today I faced my interview at Canadian HC, Dhaka after waiting two and half years. After security checking I reported to the front office. A local smart young man was sitting there who gave me a single page form to fill it up containing the following information:
-Your sponsor's nick name
-Your nick name
- If you stay with your parents/brothers/
sisters OR with your father/mother in laws, their names and contact numbers.
- Your residential address
- Your employer's name, contact number

I sat in the waiting area where three family were waiting for interview. There are 4/5 interview rooms. Loud conversations of ongoing interviews were being heard from some rooms!

After waiting for about 30 minutes, the front office executive announced my name and advised me to proceed to the designated interview room. There were two people sitting inside the glass chamber, one middle aged Singaporean lady interviewer and another local young man (around 25 years old) introduced as interpreter (although I never asked for the interpreter and continued in English till end!). The questions the interviewer asked were:

- Why have you lost your previous PR status?
- Who sponsored you?
- When did your sponsor go to Canada and in what status?
-Were you included when your sponsor entered Canada with immigration ?
- How many children you have? What are their age? What are they doing? Where are they now?
- Is your wife (sponsor) working? (She didn't want details of her work, or where she works!)
- Does your wife live in rented or own house? (I said we own jointly).
- Why you couldn't maintain your previous residency obligation?
- When did you return from Canada?
- What are you doing now here?
- Give description of your businesses and how you are involved in those business?
- What's your plan with these businesses if your visa is approved?
- What will you do when you go to Canada?
- When did your sponsor last meet you? Where? For how long you stayed together?
-Do you have recent pictures of your wife and children with you?
- How did you celebrate your wife's last birthday ? Was there any surprise gift from you?
- How do you communicate with your wife? (I said she is most of the time on FaceTime with me, several hours everyday!)
- Do you have FaceBook page? Do you have your family photograph on your FaceBook page? In your friend list whether your wife, son and daughter included. If not, why not?
- When you travel abroad, do you take your wife? If no, why not?
- Do you have any visa refusals from any country?
- Show me your all passports(I showed current and all expired passports) Why did you visit Singapore,Thailand, Saudi Arabia ? What are the other countries you have travelled so far & why?
-Why have you visited India so many times?

- What assets you have?

- Are your businesses profitable? How much are you getting from each business? Any proof of income?

- How much is your net worth ?

- We received allegation against you for drug trafficking. What do you have to say? (I said it is absolutely ridiculous and untrue. I have never ever involved in any kind of crime whatsoever in my whole life). It seems that she asked me this question very dramatically with kind of hidden smile on her face!
- Where do you live?Who lives with you?
- Where is your police clearance? (I gave police clearance from Bangladesh. She asked me to send police clearance from Canada as well, because I stayed there over six months in the past.

During the entire interview, the interpreter sat besides her. At the end, she said she will inform the decision within 4 weeks. The interviewer seemed emotionless, always busy looking at her computer, scrolling quickly all the time and asking questions very randomly.

The interview lasted for about 45 minutes up to 10.35 am. At 11.30 am, the interpreter called my business partner over phone and discussed about the business for 10 minutes. The purpose was to cross check the information I provided. But he raised some other irrelevant issues like her other business or social involvement, if any. She said she is the member of Rotay Int. and Inner Wheel Club.

The interviewer didn't clearly tell about the outcome of the interview. So I have to wait 4 weeks to get the result.

Hasan9999
I really wonder why they seemed to focus on your income/business life more than your relationship/marriage.

It seems very odd to me.

Also, the reported trafficking claim.. That right there would be my best guess why you went from Recommend Pass to Interview.

Almost like someone tried to sabotage you.

ames219

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-DEC-2015
AOR Received.
04-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
YIKES! mikeymike, thanks for your reply, it's nice to have some sort of input on that. Hasan9999 that's crazy! but thatnks so much for the in-depth interview experience. I'm sure many will benefit from that(not that im hoping people on here have to go through interviews)

my husband and i had a civil wedding ceremony in JB, Malaysia a year ago, our church wedding is this July and im just hoping and praying that he gets to come back with me after it's done! according to an update from the MPs office recently, medicals have passed, eligibility is in progress and background checks have not started. ImABule, i think you were the one who mentioned that it's CSIS that does these checks? hopefully it'll come to pass soon.. aaah, waiting is hard but i'm sure it's worth it in the end.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
ames219 said:
YIKES! mikeymike, thanks for your reply, it's nice to have some sort of input on that. Hasan9999 that's crazy! but thatnks so much for the in-depth interview experience. I'm sure many will benefit from that(not that im hoping people on here have to go through interviews)

my husband and i had a civil wedding ceremony in JB, Malaysia a year ago, our church wedding is this July and im just hoping and praying that he gets to come back with me after it's done! according to an update from the MPs office recently, medicals have passed, eligibility is in progress and background checks have not started. ImABule, i think you were the one who mentioned that it's CSIS that does these checks? hopefully it'll come to pass soon.. aaah, waiting is hard but i'm sure it's worth it in the end.
Yes, CIC outsources CRIM/SEC checks to CSIS and have no control over how long they will take. If your husband does not have an extensive travel history or history of being employed in Government positions and does not have military time served, I imagine it won't take too long.

ames219

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-DEC-2015
AOR Received.
04-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
ImABule said:
Yes, CIC outsources CRIM/SEC checks to CSIS and have no control over how long they will take. If your husband does not have an extensive travel history or history of being employed in Government positions and does not have military time served, I imagine it won't take too long.
Aah ok. Thank you for that:) your posts give me hope!

Not much of a travel history,he's just been between malaysia and Singapore for work purposes. Every weekend that comes around I keep hoping for an update!