Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2013, sent and accepted in Singapore January 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Update: After multiple emails sent and more than 50 days, we got an email last Thursday informing us that the embassy needed the information for the return courier (account number, name, address) or they would send everything by registered mail. No bad news about the visa, so hopefully everything is alright. With our original package, we had already included an envelope with the return address and a piece of paper with all of the information explained. I also sent emails explaining everything. I am not sure what exactly went wrong. I immediately sent back an email explaining everything and giving all of the needed info. No response, no passport yet, and ecas still says "application received." Hopefully this will all be done soon. I'm glad that our case has taken less than a year and a half so far but wish they didn't hold my wife's passport for so long.
Thanks to everyone who shared information on the passport processing time and as usual, good luck to everyone.

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
toutesweet said:
Cangguru 50 days is really too long. This is exactly when you contact your MP and explain the situation. They can call and talk to your VO directly to find out what's going on. My MP saved us big time when our CIC typoed my husbands email with the remed and ppr. Instead of checking the address when it bounced back to them, they sent it by snail mail. That letter never arrived to this day. My MP's constituency worker found out what happened, and had them re email the requests to the correct address, the one they had on file all along. I would never have known anything of it and who knows the delay had I not contacted his office.
Thanks Toutesweet, seems like all might be okay for us but if we still have nothing by the end of this week, we'll ask our family in Canada to talk to our MP. She's running for mayor now, so not sure how fast our answer will be though... Hopefully it won't come to that.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Cangguru said:
Update: After multiple emails sent and more than 50 days, we got an email last Thursday informing us that the embassy needed the information for the return courier (account number, name, address) or they would send everything by registered mail. No bad news about the visa, so hopefully everything is alright. With our original package, we had already included an envelope with the return address and a piece of paper with all of the information explained. I also sent emails explaining everything. I am not sure what exactly went wrong. I immediately sent back an email explaining everything and giving all of the needed info. No response, no passport yet, and ecas still says "application received." Hopefully this will all be done soon. I'm glad that our case has taken less than a year and a half so far but wish they didn't hold my wife's passport for so long.
Thanks to everyone who shared information on the passport processing time and as usual, good luck to everyone.
Hey Cangguru,

Glad to know that finally you got a response from Singapore! Wow that sucks, ignoring you for almost 2 months.....they should've replied earlier.

Also, they should've mentioned in the PPR letter, that people who wish that their passport be returned by courier, should include those info (account number, name, address), or else how would one know that Singapore needs those...?!?!?! Pretty odd no...??

So, only including a (courier) waybill is not enough then?

About your MP: can't you call her instead? You might be able to explain your case better than your family can, right? (You can purchase Skype credits.... :)). Another option is to email her.....most likely a constituency worker (instead of the MP herself) will reply though...(that's what happened to me last year when I requested for help.)

Good luck!! =)

Sammikens

Star Member
Dec 3, 2013
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
05-04-2013
Med's Request
05-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Interview........
Waived - Recommended Pass
Passport Req..
11-02-2014 - sent in 13-03-2014 - ecas "in process" 14-02-2014 "decision made" 07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
fandv said:

Also, they should've mentioned in the PPR letter, that people who wish that their passport be returned by courier, should include those info (account number, name, address), or else how would one know that Singapore needs those...?!?!?! Pretty odd no...??

So, only including a (courier) waybill is not enough then?

Good luck!! =)
It says on the ppr instructions that that's what they need. Also for courriers like fed ex the information you have to provide is right on the waybill that you have to send. And they tell you how to do it. Since in canada we usually use fedex I didn't trust dhl or ups for this kind of stuff

so.... Fed ex in my opinion is the best one to go with cause they use this kind of format for anything they send with an account.

Other than that Singapore should make their instructions more clear, the wording and phrases that they use like double negatives make the reader easily confused. We should write a complaint lol.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Cangguru said:
Thanks Toutesweet, seems like all might be okay for us but if we still have nothing by the end of this week, we'll ask our family in Canada to talk to our MP. She's running for mayor now, so not sure how fast our answer will be though... Hopefully it won't come to that.
Even more likely she'll help then ;-). And yes it wouldn't be her. She has people for that. It would be a constituency worker.

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just checked ECAS status of my wife's file and found status has been changed to "Decison Made - A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." :D

But we still did not hear anything from Dhaka VFS office. I do not see any new update from VFS website by the tracking number they provided to my wife. We only see the update that Singpore office has received her passport on February 25th and the application is under process. Does anyone has an idea how long it takes to get the passport back after status changed to Decison Made?

Lets see how long it takes to hear something for VFS?

thanh245

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2014
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Request
March 24-2014
Med's Done....
April 4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 1st,2014-sent may 9.Decision made June 12
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
hey I just received Gcms notes today. can anyone help me to understand what these statements mean?

'Text: Correction- HOLD passport request until passport submission instructions for Vietnam have been reestablished'

'VON: send POV + request for meds, updated GCC and sch A.'

what is POV and GCC ?

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
Fortune89 said:
I just checked ECAS status of my wife's file and found status has been changed to "Decison Made - A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." :D

But we still did not hear anything from Dhaka VFS office. I do not see any new update from VFS website by the tracking number they provided to my wife. We only see the update that Singpore office has received her passport on February 25th and the application is under process. Does anyone has an idea how long it takes to get the passport back after status changed to Decison Made?

Lets see how long it takes to hear something for VFS?
lucky youuu congratulationsssssssssssssssssss. ahhh kotto bhalo lagtase shune :) any plan to go to bd ?

loveoflife

Dec 23, 2013
thanh245 said:
hey I just received Gcms notes today. can anyone help me to understand what these statements mean?

'Text: Correction- HOLD passport request until passport submission instructions for Vietnam have been reestablished'

what is POV and GCC ?
Dear Thanh245,
Thanks very much for your information, now we could understand why there is some delays in receiving passport request for Vietnamese applicants, we continue waiting ;D
I'm not sure what POV and GCC stand for, but let have a try :) POV = Police Certificate of Vietnam, GCC = General application form for Canada (IMM008)???
Or maybe different meanings from other professionals? :'(

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
tuntuni said:
lucky youuu congratulationsssssssssssssssssss. ahhh kotto bhalo lagtase shune :) any plan to go to bd ?
Thx Tuntuni. I was in Dhaka last month & just returned on March 2nd. So I can't go again now. She ll hv to come by herself. Hope she ll make it safely. You ll also see your status update soon Insha Allah.

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Our status changed yesterday afternoon to "decision made." Hopefully that means we are done and accepted. No response to my emails as to whether they will accept the courier information or send the passport by registered mail, but it's still a big relief. Very strange that we never went "in process" but whatever. I think that a lot of people will be seeing status changes in the coming weeks. Good luck to all!

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
thanh245 said:

what is POV and GCC ?
Im gonna guess based on the letter that we got asking for medical, police check and form, that GCC = good conduct certificate. Schedule A is the form to fill out. As such, POV is maybe the "promise of visa" letter sometimes mentioned? Not to get your hopes up or anything, just a guess.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
So, Singapore waiting for new instructions for passport submission for Vietnam? What exactly do they have to re-establish :eek:
Still no passport request for my wife :(

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st:18-06-2012 2nd:20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 15th, 2014, PP sent April 2nd, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 2nd, 2014, Decision Made May 5th, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed
Dragoon said:
So, Singapore waiting for new instructions for passport submission for Vietnam? What exactly do they have to re-establish :eek:
Still no passport request for my wife :(
I am in the same boat as you:( My wife has been waiting for over two weeks for words from Singapore so she could submit her passport. I received an email from Singapore stating that they are finalizing their systems for Vietnamese applicants. They have been working on it for over a month now.

alee04231

Aug 23, 2013
What had happen? Why the processing time is more longer? Why a visa takes 3-4 years to complete? Why do they take such long time just to review the visa? I don't understand what are they pending for and what are they doing everyday? I doubt. Can someone give me an acceptable reason? I lose my grip, really wth :'(