Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
I got email.

Alittlewave said:
Congratulation to you! Did you receive the request by email or snail mail?

I have similar timeline with you, and like your wife I have been in Canada with TRV since June 2013. Hope I will get some good news soon.

Alittlewave

Dec 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2014 to CPP Ottawa
LANDED..........
29-03-2014

Rosindo

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20th, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 20th, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 15th, 2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
26 February 2014. Passport arrived in Singapore 26 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 28th, 2014. Decision Made on e-CAS June 6th 2014.
bangla said:
Hi All,

It seems that many ppl applied for TRV, but most get rejected. The main reason is "not enough ties to family or country". I was hoping the few ppl that did get TRV approved would be kind enough to share what they have presented as "family ties". We have tried to show job, family will of assigned houses, requesting very few days for vacation 2weeks only, and extensively expressing the issue of lengthy process time, but nothing seems to work as if they have made up their mind about not letting husband and wife stay together until PR process is complete.

It might not be a big deal to the SVO to keep married couple apart for years at a time, but there must be some strong ground that can be raised to get TRV approved.

Those who did get TRV approved, please help! Also i am under the impression that TRV approval is on country preference...Bangladesh is an automatic rejection :p
Hi bangla,

I was first applied for TRV back in 2009, long before I got married to my husband. It was only for a short visit. I was just followed all the instruction and provided all documents required (invitation letter from Canada, itinerary, plane tickets etc). Applicants just have to convince the officer that they are intended to leave the country before the expiry date of the visa. At that time I have a steady job in my home country and also got letter from my employer stated that I will return to my job after my holiday is over.

The second time I applied after I got married last year. I attached my marriage certificate among other mandatory documents. During the interview, the officer suggested that I apply for PR if I intended to move to Canada. At that time I still have my job. But once I got my visa (they gave me multiple-entry!) I decided to quit my job.
I have been living in Canada with my TRV, but I had to leave the country every 6 months, stay for a month in my home country and then re-entered Canada. After doing that twice, it has cost us a fortune to do so and I decided to apply for visitor extension, and I just got my application approval so that I could stay for another 6 months.
That is pretty much my experience with TRV. But my experience with PR is quite different. It took CIC 9 months to make decision about my my husband's eligibility as my sponsor because they didn't touch our documents until my husband phone them. It's been a year since I applied and my application status is "Application Received".

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
diyabrar said:
U guys remember how my wife was asked to wait 6 weeks after remed?

Anyway got an email from SVO..asked as if we are ready we can submit passport with all documents right now :) no need to wait yay

I am happy:)

Iam just the bit concerned about the imm5669e question 6d where we have to tick yes now because she applied for thai tourist visa once and it was denied. (due to pure incompetent travelling agency), other than that i think everything should be smooth now. :)
Hi diyabrar, congrats for the gud news again...Think SVO try to finish off those pending applications so they can go for vacances :))). My med was done 1 week after ur wife, maybe will receive their email next week, instead of waiting up to Jan. For IMM5669e, it is not a big deal to stick yes in question 6D as long as u explain to them the reason.

OLana

Dec 4, 2013
mirjahan said:
I do not know if it is in first or second review. With your timeline look like they are doing Final o r Third review to see if you pass eligibility or not.
If you pass eligibility to be sponsor then your application will go IN PROCESS for next step Background and Security check.

If not then you may receive an interview letter or ask for more supporting documents.
Hope it help and no interview

End of January you may see neither one of three IN PROCESS on ecas or ask more supporting document or interview letter.
I guess from my experience it will not be accurate as your case. All cases are vary one to other.

Hi Mirjahan, thank u for the link! Actually its my husband who sponsored me and he passed the eligibility as a sponsor from their email on July 29th 2013 and SVO emailed me that they received my document from Mississauga and gave my own UCI number, medical has been received and after that there's no update till we send them email and they replied that " This application is currently pending final review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps."

I saw ur whole process is a year, that's a good one!:) Hope mine will get IN PROCESS soon and there will be no interview bcz it will stress me out more!:D

ripon4t

Dec 7, 2013
Hi, I applied for my wife on 28 june, 2012. Singapore received the file on 10th september, 2012. That time, singapore processing time was 22 months. Now it is 28 months. Can anybody know which processing time will be applicable for my case? 22 months or 28 months? Thank you very much to all. Best wishes. -RIPON

bangla

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/2013
AOR Received.
March/2013
File Transfer...
???
Med's Request
Feb/2014
Med's Done....
Jan/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb/2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
I expected a bit more info from people who applied for TRV and got approved...but thanks to those who did respond to my request. As i have mentioned before, i applied for TRV for my wife and she got rejected. presented job letter, property, marriage certificate, everything they listed in the required documents, however it was not enough for proof of "family ties to back home"...i just have to assume that it is a mysterious process that require rocket science to figure out how SVO and canadian visa system work. The people within the Canadian visa organization are PhDs with high level of thinking that average people just cant comprehend. I am an engineer, although i can solve most problem...this is a difficult one. Hats off to the SVO workers...hopefully they sleep well at night...knowing what they do to so many peoples life.

Rosindo

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20th, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 20th, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 15th, 2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
26 February 2014. Passport arrived in Singapore 26 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 28th, 2014. Decision Made on e-CAS June 6th 2014.
bangla said:
I expected a bit more info from people who applied for TRV and got approved...but thanks to those who did respond to my request. As i have mentioned before, i applied for TRV for my wife and she got rejected. presented job letter, property, marriage certificate, everything they listed in the required documents, however it was not enough for proof of "family ties to back home"...i just have to assume that it is a mysterious process that require rocket science to figure out how SVO and canadian visa system work. The people within the Canadian visa organization are PhDs with high level of thinking that average people just cant comprehend. I am an engineer, although i can solve most problem...this is a difficult one. Hats off to the SVO workers...hopefully they sleep well at night...knowing what they do to so many peoples life.
Hi bangla,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in getting TRV for your wife. I guess every embassy in each country operates in different ways. I'm from Indonesia and as far I'm aware of, there are not as many people in my country as in Bangladesh wanting to come to Canada, even just for a visit.

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
bangla said:
Did you apply for GCMS notes recently?

Thanks

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
ripon4t said:
Hi, I applied for my wife on 28 june, 2012. Singapore received the file on 10th september, 2012. That time, singapore processing time was 22 months. Now it is 28 months. Can anybody know which processing time will be applicable for my case? 22 months or 28 months? Thank you very much to all. Best wishes. -RIPON
I regret to tell you that the answer is 28 months. It is an estimate based on the previous year and subject to change. I just went through this same question my MP.
However, depending on your application and most importantly, the VO in charge of your case, it is possible, as you will notice if you look back at various people's timeline, to get it much faster than either of those dates. unfortunately for our car not so much, but a sincere good luck to you.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
bangla said:
I'm sorry you didn't get the answers you were hoping to hear. However my previous answer still stands. It is extremely difficult to get a TRV when you are married and have an open PR application. It's not rocket science or mysterious, they just don't trust you to leave your spouse knowing you are intending to move to Canada. End of story. Once your spouse is in Canada a lawyer could arrange an implied status as well thus 'thwarting the system' If there is any way to get aTRV, which is difficult to get at the best of times, before you do the PR and get married and make the a
pplication from Canada so there is implied status and you can stay, that's the way to do it to stay together. Otherwise you just have to wait like the rest of us. We are all suffering the same thing. It sucks. You can write to your MP, Stephen Harper, and complain to the media, but that is the system as it stands now.
I always laugh when people use the term 'marriage of convenience' there is definitely NOTHING convenient about the Canadian immigration system. Especially through Singapore. My condolences. I suggest for the sake of your sanity, you accept your wait, and try to see your spouse when you can as long as you can, and your time will come.
The reason you are not hearing from people with successful TRVs with open PR cases is because there aren't any.

collectskulls

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-12
AOR Received.
2-10-12
File Transfer...
2-10-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
19-02-13
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-13
LANDED..........
19-03-13
toutesweet said:
The reason you are not hearing from people with successful TRVs with open PR cases is because there aren't any.
That is not true...... once I was approved for sponsorship we applied and received a trv from Bangkok with no problems at all...actually when the wife applied they gave her back over half the application cause they said sponsor approved no need.... and 5 days later went and picked up the TRV... i know of others who also got them no problem once sponsorship was approved....

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
collectskulls said:
That is not true...... once I was approved for sponsorship we applied and received a trv from Bangkok with no problems at all...actually when the wife applied they gave her back over half the application cause they said sponsor approved no need.... and 5 days later went and picked up the TRV... i know of others who also got them no problem once sponsorship was approved....
Our TRV was approved after sponsorship was approved through Bangkok as well
Denied twice before sponsor was approved... 1 week after sponsor approved... TRV issued
You want to make sure in your letter of invite you specify that you have dual intent... that if the TRV is granted that you will not overstay your TRV and jeopardize your PR application
Good luck to all :)

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
collectskulls said:
Yes I am exaggerating. But it is difficult. So why do you figure you were approved? That's what they want to know. Has your spouse travelled to a western country before you were married?
Please excuse this question, but are you and/or for spouse from wealthy and/or connected families? It's just I noticed your application was extremely rapid. Sometimes it's just luck of the draw. Perhaps you were just very fortunate. It can't be expected though. It is not the norm.
For eg. Can/US couple living together in US for 4yrs then decided to move to Canada, after he (the American) was not able to cross the border to visit her much to their shock, because customs said, 'you have a Canadian wife, how can we be expected to believe you'll leave the country at the end of 6 months?'
I was just trying to point out it's not a prejudice thing. Just hard. Sometimes it's based on completely unfair things, like my husband couldn't get a trv before we were married, yet our friend had no problem at all for a few reasons but in big part because she was a girl and thought of as les likely to run away. Also her sponsor was a prominent community member (they wouldn't have been concerned about human trafficking for one, they're also les likely to want to ruffle his feathers). The first trv is always the hardest.
If it so easy we wouldn't be suffering and waiting like this. Many more of us would be doing it. I'm coming up on 5 years since I met my husband, I tried every angle. I would much prefer he visit me. I lose 15-20 000 in lost wages every year going to see him and spend another 8-10k to get and stay there. Yeah I'd love him to have a trv. So if you have some insight as to why you think she got it, please share.