2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
evanhindra said:
Any April 2011 applicant? I applied in April (CPC-M received it in April), and they started processing my file on May 10, 2011. Mine is still stuck under "Decision Made" under Sponsorship Application Status.

Under Permanent Residence Application Status, the status remains "Not Available".
Don't expect any update from SG office this year, unless they have a much needed revamp of their slow processing model- many of us who applied in Oct with straight forward cases are still awaiting any sort of news - are you in SG or canada?

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianEnforcer said:
Don't expect any update from SG office this year, unless they have a much needed revamp of their slow processing model- many of us who applied in Oct with straight forward cases are still awaiting any sort of news - are you in SG or canada?
Indonesia.

CanadianEnforcer

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON but directed to SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4TH OCTOBER 2010
AOR Received.
15TH NOVEMBER 2010
File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
evanhindra said:
Indonesia.
Family class sponsorship will take many months even close to a year - do you intend to stay in Indonesia and wait or you have any job offers already in canada

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianEnforcer said:
Family class sponsorship will take many months even close to a year - do you intend to stay in Indonesia and wait or you have any job offers already in canada
I'm actually living in Indonesia. I don't mind having to stay for another year (or so). I just have to get out of here as soon as possible. I can't stand the heat, I much prefer the colder climate in Canada (and fast internet access).

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
CanadianEnforcer said:
You know I think I might be able to somehow in my own justify the slow processing model if there was confirmation that it working or worthwhile. But I know, NOT heard of from a friend of a friend etc, but I KNOW factually a Thai male that married a girl in Calgary and they did it only for him to get to Canada. I used to have to listen to him brag about how he gave them fake reference letters and how they held a fake wedding ceremony and some of the stuff he told us we would have to take his word for but some I know factually he did fudge, like his birth certificate and a pretend job offer from a company in Canada. It did in fact take him 18 months to get approved but there is just no chance in hell they checked out his documents other than a quick peek or he never would have been approved. So why do they take so long and still screw it up and people like myself and many others than have amazing simple and straight forward cases have to wait the same length of time?

Before those of you that will ask, do so I have mulled it over many times in my head as to whether I should get my nose involved and report him and go down that road but I prefer to have karma do it's thing and pursue things. My wife said she wanted to see about making an anonymous complaint about his case and I told her to have at it, up to her and I assume she did so.. but it saddens me more than angers me that with all the time they took they still manged to bungle up his case by letting him in and how many legit people are kept waiting for turned down???? It boggles the mind.

MapleBear

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-11-2010
Passport Req..
17-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
You know I think I might be able to somehow in my own justify the slow processing model if there was confirmation that it working or worthwhile... but it saddens me more than angers me that with all the time they took they still manged to bungle up his case by letting him in and how many legit people are kept waiting for turned down???? It boggles the mind.
I have been asking myself the same question. A few years ago a distant uncle ran off to Thailand for a couple weeks, married someone he had met on the internet and applied for her PR. The only problem was he was still MARRIED to my aunt in Canada. She was none too pleased and contacted the HC in Singapore to let them know. It's illegal to have two wives in Canada. They ignored her repeated calls and must have overlooked her letters because they still approved his second wife's PR - and in only six months! This story angers me for many reasons, but on the topic of this forum, it seems that Singapore office does not always do such a thorough check afterall. Okay, never mind thorough; the problems with that case should have been blatently obvious (if they opened their mail or answered the phone), but they failed to pick up on them. It's seems like a sloppy and unreliable process, but they sure take their time...

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
MapleBear said:
I have been asking myself the same question. A few years ago a distant uncle ran off to Thailand for a couple weeks, married someone he had met on the internet and applied for her PR. The only problem was he was still MARRIED to my aunt in Canada. She was none too pleased and contacted the HC in Singapore to let them know. It's illegal to have two wives in Canada. They ignored her repeated calls and must have overlooked her letters because they still approved his second wife's PR - and in only six months! This story angers me for many reasons, but on the topic of this forum, it seems that Singapore office does not always do such a thorough check afterall. Okay, never mind thorough; the problems with that case should have been blatently obvious (if they opened their mail or answered the phone), but they failed to pick up on them. It's seems like a sloppy and unreliable process, but they sure take their time...
I know the job offer of the guy in question in my post was about the worst cut and paste photoshop job I've ever seen and to make it worse he used the letter head of a very well known company meaning they have a full time HR department and ONE two minute phone could would have confirmed there was NOBODY with an outstanding job offer as outlined in the fact letter. Plus the grammar and so forth in his fake letter was so clearly not written by a native speaker... anyway I completely agree with you obviously. The time spent would be worth if we had a sliver of faith that they were actually doing something productive..

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

Singapore's time line has increased to 20 months :'(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia

CanadianEnforcer

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4TH OCTOBER 2010
AOR Received.
15TH NOVEMBER 2010
File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
hello-kitty said:
Dear all,

Singapore's time line has increased to 20 months :'(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia
D'oh!

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You know… if we counted and tabulate the average time for processing for the forum posters here, it's about 8 months/application (and that was when the processing time was around 18 months). They increased it to 20 months, but that might mean the "ACTUAL" processing time is roughly 9-10 months.

If it's *that* slow, we might as request our application to be processed in another VO.

CanadianEnforcer

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4TH OCTOBER 2010
AOR Received.
15TH NOVEMBER 2010
File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
evanhindra said:
You know... if we counted and tabulate the average time for processing for the forum posters here, it's about 8 months/application (and that was when the processing time was around 18 months). They increased it to 20 months, but that might mean the "ACTUAL" processing time is roughly 9-10 months.

If it's *that* slow, we might as request our application to be processed in another VO.
I had requested mine tobe sent to London, but as i'm resident in singapore at the moment CPC saw fit to send it here instead without checking what VO was requested - waiting is part of the process but the lack of communication and unwillingness to reply to emails is what really sucks in this VO, they really need to get there finger out and get with the times.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
evanhindra said:
Do you reckon a petition for a better communication (not faster processing times) would do us a favour? If so, maybe we should get something going.
Maybe we should do some sort of online petition and get some publicity for it there have to be a lot more people waiting than just the ones in this thread or on this forum... if we got enough people to sign it and made a call to some Canadian papers as well as Minister's offices who knows maybe at the very least someone will look into why the time line is so slow but in reality I think we would all just like more or some communication so we have a remote clue as to what is going on... being treated like mushrooms is not very Canadian.

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bangkokcanuck said:
Maybe we should do some sort of online petition and get some publicity for it there have to be a lot more people waiting than just the ones in this thread or on this forum... if we got enough people to sign it and made a call to some Canadian papers as well as Minister's offices who knows maybe at the very least someone will look into why the time line is so slow but in reality I think we would all just like more or some communication so we have a remote clue as to what is going on... being treated like mushrooms is not very Canadian.

I agree! I'll get back to you on getting an online petition. Also, a friend of mine works in PC's party campaign. I think we might be able to get his help!

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
evanhindra said:
I agree! I'll get back to you on getting an online petition. Also, a friend of mine works in PC's party campaign. I think we might be able to get his help!
that would be helpful so something like this did not just die on the vine.

I have used these sites before

http://www.petitiononline.com/

http://www.petitionspot.com/