Singapore timeline

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shafin said:
i will write some codes, if anyone can help me........
Hi Shafin,

I am so sorry , I really have no idea about the codes.

Did they say something on the note about when are they going to process your file?

CanadianEnforcer

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON but directed to SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4TH OCTOBER 2010
AOR Received.
15TH NOVEMBER 2010
File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
These can be decoded with a little help from seniors on this forum

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
It looks like the first "1" that is listed on Criminality and Medical means that they have received it. But then on the status they say the haven't started looking at the criminality documents but have started doing the medical, and that, being a spouse, she is exempt from the excessive demand policy but doesn't have any identified health conditions anyways.

The mis-representation is probably some sort of issue they have to watch out for with your documents but it appears that they haven't started doing anything with it, and then the final group looks like the finalization of the documents, which they also haven't started.

But this is just a rational guess which could be in-accurate and could be updated, or confirmed by someone else.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Shafin you didn't order the CAIPS notes? what are GCMS notes now? on caipsnotes.com website theres a link to codes that are in relation with CAIPS but not sure if it will help you..

Also we are thinking about ordering CAIPS from caipsnotes.com but are a bit confused regarding the consent form.. can someone else who used it earlier shed some light? form only has space for the applicant but what about the sponsor's consent?

will appreciate any help!

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
hello-kitty said:
Hi Shafin,

I am so sorry , I really have no idea about the codes.

Did they say something on the note about when are they going to process your file?
They didn't say anything about file forward date or anything.......
i shouldn't order this notes. now i am more confused than before.

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
blues said:
Shafin you didn't order the CAIPS notes? what are GCMS notes now?
I ordered CAIPS notes, but they send me GCMS notes. they print out this notes on April 7th and i got it yesterday. only good thing about this notes is now i know they received all the documents and fees. i send them additional documents in February, they received it also.

MapleBear

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-11-2010
Passport Req..
17-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2011
blues said:
Shafin you didn't order the CAIPS notes? what are GCMS notes now? on caipsnotes.com website theres a link to codes that are in relation with CAIPS but not sure if it will help you..

Also we are thinking about ordering CAIPS from caipsnotes.com but are a bit confused regarding the consent form.. can someone else who used it earlier shed some light? form only has space for the applicant but what about the sponsor's consent?

will appreciate any help!
I'm not familiar with caipsnotes.com. If you apply directly through Citizenship and Immigration Canada, rather than going through a third party, you will need to complete two forms, both are available on the cic.gc.ca website:

- Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563). The name and DOB of the applicant is needed (not the sponsor)
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475]. There is a space for both applicant and spouse to sign.

Include a photocopy of the Canadian passport of the person who is making the request (this could be your spouse, as long as you have an address in Canada for the CAIPS to be sent to) and a $5 cheque or money order made payable to the Receiver General of Canada. Send documents to:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
shafin where did you order your CAIPS notes from? online or from CIC directly?

Maplebear thanks but the problem is that im away from Canada with my spouse right now.. as CIC would need to send it a canadian address I'm looking at online options that I can choose from..

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
blues said:
shafin where did you order your CAIPS notes from? online or from CIC directly?

Maplebear thanks but the problem is that i m away from Canada with my spouse right now.. as CIC would need to send it a canadian address I'm looking at online options that I can choose from..
I applied directly through Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the way Maplebear told you.
Do they know you are away from Canada??
Because they made only one comment in my notes, which is i am back in Canada now.....
i will just post his comment "Recd undated ltr fm spr that he went to Bangladesh on 30dec and had a tour with wife in Nepal as honeymoon. He hopes V/O should understand that it is hard to be apart fm wife.Boarding pass,visa, hotel bill and photos enclosed. Now he is back in Mtl."
i am really really mad.....they should have write something like when they will review my file.

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

My wife and I just started this whole sponsorship process. I'm the sponsor, and I'm sponsoring my wife. We've ended up with Singapore as the Immigration Office that is processing our application.

Below is the timeline:

We received your application to sponsor XXX XXXXXXXXXXX on April 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 10, 2011.

We sent you a letter on May 10, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting
The status on ECAS says "Decision Made". I'm not quite sure which decision.

I also received an Email from CIC, noting:

We are pleased to advise that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly the undertaking and the Application for Permanent Residence have been forwarded to the Visa Office in SINGAPORE for further processing.
However, when we first submitted our application, I forgot to sign and date the IMM540. However, we sent a signed & dated copy of the IMM540 yesterday (May 18th, 2011).

Aside from the hiccups on the IMM540, we're fairly sure we've packaged everything well. We've included police & medical reports, photo (& love letters, hehehehe), my wife's supporting documents (practice license, work history, academic history).

My question is, What's next for us? And How much waiting is there to be had?

Is there some sort of "career preference" advantage system going on? I recall an immigration consultant saying that "skilled medical workers" are highly-desirable candidates, or something.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

This week 2 friends of mine from Thai Forum got e-mail from Singapore asking for passport.

I think our turn is coming soon :)

CanadianEnforcer

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4TH OCTOBER 2010
AOR Received.
15TH NOVEMBER 2010
File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
hello-kitty said:
Hi all,

This week 2 friends of mine from Thai Forum got e-mail from Singapore asking for passport.

I think our turn is coming soon :)
That's good to hear, did they send their app's same time as us in oct ?

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianEnforcer said:
That's good to hear, did they send their app's same time as us in oct ?
The first lady sent her application in August,2010.

The second lady, Singapore received her applicaion in January,2011.

From now on, we need to check e-mail rather than waiting for regular mail.
They send the letter via e-mail now.

CanadianEnforcer

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4TH OCTOBER 2010
AOR Received.
15TH NOVEMBER 2010
File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
checking it daily ;D - i'm flying back to london for 3 weeks on july so hoping either it's done in june or i might have to wait till i get back to hand over PP, does anyone know how long they keep it for stamping ?

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any April 2011 applicant? I applied in April (CPC-M received it in April), and they started processing my file on May 10, 2011. Mine is still stuck under "Decision Made" under Sponsorship Application Status.

Under Permanent Residence Application Status, the status remains "Not Available".