waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
sama2012 said:
Hi where did you get the form? Did they send you the link or form for AppendixA? Please let me know.
Hi sama2012: NO. This is the form I already familiar with. Because I helped my sister last year when she got the PR Visa. So I knew about it already.

hardtowait

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
August 20, 2012
Med's Request
July 11, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17, 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
goodman36 said:
Even though it says, "Do Not send Passports for non-accompanying family members", it does not mean NOT to fill out the information. That is why I am confused.
Hi Man: NO. This is the FORM you write the passport information only for those people who applied for PR and coming to Canada. Hope it is clear now. Thanks for feedback.

sama2012

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Med's Done....
1st on April 2012 & 2nd on July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Interview........
Waived & file status "IN PROCESS" in July 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
goodman36 said:
I got the Form (Appendix A) with Passport Request Letter that I received by mail from SVO.

It is not related to application submission or country specific forms. It is an Appendix that asks to fill-out the information of "Applicant, Spouse, Children" on a Form and this is to be sent with Passport.
Thanks goodman36

sama2012

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Med's Done....
1st on April 2012 & 2nd on July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Interview........
Waived & file status "IN PROCESS" in July 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
hardtowait said:
Hi sama2012: NO. This is the form I already familiar with. Because I helped my sister last year when she got the PR Visa. So I knew about it already.
Thanks hardtowait for the info.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hardtowait said:
Hi man: So what I understood from your post you are checking the box *In-Person. Am I right ? Box for "Registered mail" and AirMail" is NOT valid for your case since you are dropping passport to VFS. Please confirm in reply to us.
NO. If you are using VFS, then you check VFS. It is already mentioned as an option in the Appendix. Giving the Passport to VFS is not same as 'In Person'. Also there is no 'Air Mail'. There is 'Registered Mail'. The 'In Person' option is if you went to Singapore to drop the Passport in the Visa Office yourself.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hardtowait said:
Hi Man: NO. This is the FORM you write the passport information only for those people who applied for PR and coming to Canada. Hope it is clear now. Thanks for feedback.
So, you are saying since my wife is the Applicant, she should write only her information under the 'Applicant' column and leave all other columns blank, because she is the only person who is traveling to Canada, right?

Are you sure about this?

TorontoGuy44

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early July 2012
File Transfer...
Late Sep 2012; In Process: Late Aug 2013
Med's Request
Re-medical request: Early Sep 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012; Re-medical : Sep 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
6 weeks after re-medical; Ppt sent : Mid Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Early Nov, 2013
goodman36 said:
So, you are saying since my wife is the Applicant, she should write only her information under the 'Applicant' column and leave all other columns blank, because she is the only person who is traveling to Canada, right?

Are you sure about this?
Hi goodman36,

Just a friendly suggestion, perhaps you can call the CIC call center, or call/email Singapore VO, or email someone on this forum who got his/her passport back?

Let us know how you end up filling out the form; it would help everyone in the future as well. :)

hardtowait

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
August 20, 2012
Med's Request
July 11, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17, 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
goodman36 said:

Are you sure about this?

YES.

hardtowait

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
August 20, 2012
Med's Request
July 11, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17, 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
goodman36 said:
NO. If you are using VFS, then you check VFS. It is already mentioned as an option in the Appendix. Giving the Passport to VFS is not same as 'In Person'. Also there is no 'Air Mail'. There is 'Registered Mail'. The 'In Person' option is if you went to Singapore to drop the Passport in the Visa Office yourself.

YOU ARE RIGHT. Now they have VFS option. Sorry I missed it.

maruf416

May 17, 2013
Its been almost a year since i applied for my wife. Yet my wife didnt get any contact from Singapore office. They received my application here in Mississauga on sep 12, 2012. On october 29 i got a letter by email saying its sent to singapore. But when i click on application received link on right side of my decision made....it says application received on september 12, 2012 and medical received. I dont understand why it shows September 12,2012 for her part? Shouodnt that date be october 29 when i got the letter via email? I apologize for asking it again. I am seeking a bit more help now since i am really worried ...what if the file never got transfered to singapore. Also form of communication to my wife is via email. Will the satus of my wife's part change from "application received" to something different before she gets an email from Singapore? That way she would know that she will be expecting a email. Please anyone give some feedback...and sorry for typing mistakes as i am writing from a very slow and almost non responsive computer

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
maruf416 said:
Its been almost a year since i applied for my wife. Yet my wife didnt get any contact from Singapore office. They received my application here in Mississauga on sep 12, 2012. On october 29 i got a letter by email saying its sent to singapore. But when i click on application received link on right side of my decision made....it says application received on september 12, 2012 and medical received. I dont understand why it shows September 12,2012 for her part? Shouodnt that date be october 29 when i got the letter via email? I apologize for asking it again. I am seeking a bit more help now since i am really worried ...what if the file never got transfered to singapore. Also form of communication to my wife is via email. Will the satus of my wife's part change from "application received" to something different before she gets an email from Singapore? That way she would know that she will be expecting a email. Please anyone give some feedback...and sorry for typing mistakes as i am writing from a very slow and almost non responsive computer
When you send a package to CIC-M they make two profile on E-Case, one for sponsor, one for sponsored person. The date of 'Application Received on both E-Case could be same. When they put date for both, they send acknowledgement letter to sponsor that we have received your package as a sponsor and CIC will let you know of decision once they determine sponsor's eligibility. After sponsor's approval they transfer the package to local visa office at this stage local visa office send an email to sponsored person's email address that they have received the package. Once you received this email you will be officially in limbo like us till further notice.......
E-case of sponsored person will never get changed in all these processes.

kst

Jul 13, 2013
maruf416 said:
Hi maruf416,
Your case is almost exactly like mine, i sent it in July 2012, and file transferred to singapore office in early Oct 2012, but the online status is still application received (July 2012) and medical received. It's similar to many people here, there is nothing we can do apart from WAITing and waiting and waiting.....

smahmud

Sep 14, 2012
Dhaka, BD
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-25-2012
File Transfer...
11-25-2012
Med's Done....
04-26-2012, 2nd on March 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 6th 2014
just hang in there buddy, my case is same like u 2. Maruf did u apply for gcms notes, my recent result shows that someone started working at it since january. It will give u some peace of mind at least, keep us posted.

bangla

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/2013
AOR Received.
March/2013
File Transfer...
???
Med's Request
Feb/2014
Med's Done....
Jan/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb/2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Davidsuchet said:
When you send a package to CIC-M they make two profile on E-Case, one for sponsor, one for sponsored person. The date of 'Application Received on both E-Case could be same. When they put date for both, they send acknowledgement letter to sponsor that we have received your package as a sponsor and CIC will let you know of decision once they determine sponsor's eligibility. After sponsor's approval they transfer the package to local visa office at this stage local visa office send an email to sponsored person's email address that they have received the package. Once you received this email you will be officially in limbo like us till further notice.......
E-case of sponsored person will never get changed in all these processes.
Hi... I am a bit confused. I submitted my wife's application in Feb 14, 2013. My E-Cas says application received under applicant section and Decision made under sponsor section. You said that once the sponsor is approved and the file is transferred at Singapore office i will get another email saying that Singapore has received the file?? Because i did not get any email from Singapore, i got an email from CIC Mississauga saying approval for sponsor and that's it. Can you please confirm that Singapore sends an email confirming application received in Singapore?

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
bangla said:
Hi... I am a bit confused. I submitted my wife's application in Feb 14, 2013. My E-Cas says application received under applicant section and Decision made under sponsor section. You said that once the sponsor is approved and the file is transferred at Singapore office i will get another email saying that Singapore has received the file?? Because i did not get any email from Singapore, i got an email from CIC Mississauga saying approval for sponsor and that's it. Can you please confirm that Singapore sends an email confirming application received in Singapore?
Yes, Singapore usually send an email to sponsored person to confirm that they received your application for permanent residence. This email usually will be sent within one month or less ( transit time to move the package from Canada to Singapore) after sponsor's approval to you. BUT if you have not got this email don't be worried it does not mean they have lost your package or anything else, it is not negative sign as well.
If you want to make sure you can order a GCMS note or email them directly.