Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
I really don't know...my fingers are crossed..I know some people are waiting way more than I am...but till now all my cousins in Canada who applied for their spouses got their PPR within 4 to 8 months after singapore received the file...after my friends husband got it..now i cant wait anymore....our file was approved in CPC mississauga the same date...and was transferred together...i emailed singapore also....i am really hoping for a gud reply...cant wait anymore.

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
diyabrar said:
I really don't know...my fingers are crossed..I know some people are waiting way more than I am...but till now all my cousins in Canada who applied for their spouses got their PPR within 4 to 8 months after singapore received the file...after my friends husband got it..now i cant wait anymore....our file was approved in CPC mississauga the same date...and was transferred together...i emailed singapore also....i am really hoping for a gud reply...cant wait anymore.

Hi diyabrar: If we compete with our friends then we will definitely be frustrated! I understand it is 'depressing'. However, at the end of the day, it everybody's luck too. We need bit of luck as well as 'hard work' on preparing files. I found some people are always 'lucky' with immigration. No matter what is there background, even could be half-eligible. The world is never 'fair'. right?

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
diyabrar said:

Hey: did you receive your reply from Singapore yet ? What was it ? Just curious.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
Dont be mistaken by my words.. I am really happy for my friends..who already got the approval within short period of time..its just that..when you hear those news then you start to panic...caus we have the same timeline...then y my wife didnt get the email yet......I know singapore receives a lot of file..but they should atleast provide updates....waiting for a spouse after getting married is no joke... I work for the federal government too....but we always try to give our clients updates......so that they dont worry..

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
diyabrar: of course, its NOT a joke for waiting to join spouse. especially undefined waiting. for being a government employee does not expedite the file in CIC. CIC does not work like other government offices, FYKI. I believe your friend is not a government employee, and see it did not affect her file, at all - I guess you understand now.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
Well ofcourse... I didnt mean...they should give me priority of any kind for being a goverment official...they dont even know that...what iam trying to mean is I work in a goverment work place and "WE ALWAYS GIVE OUR CLIENT UPDATES REGULARLY SO THAT THEY DONT WORRY" which CIC SINGAPORE DOESNT...FYKI...please read my last comment again and understand what i try to mean....

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
diyabrar said:
Well ofcourse... I didnt mean...they should give me priority of any kind for being a goverment official...they dont even know that...what iam trying to mean is I work in a goverment work place and "WE ALWAYS GIVE OUR CLIENT UPDATES REGULARLY SO THAT THEY DONT WORRY" which CIC SINGAPORE DOESNT...FYKI...please read my last comment again and understand what i try to mean....

diyabrar: what I understand is CIC Singapore deals with thousands of application with merely few employees. I strongly believe that your gov department never deals with thousands of people with short of staffs! Right. I just don`t wanna reveal my background here. Thanks for reading it.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
I completely respect that.. I know they receive thousands of application...and i also know they are short stuffed...may be if possible they can hire more employees as the number of files are increasing like crazy.....i am sure the employees are over loaded with work which is not a good idea at all given that they are dealing with such sensitive issue...

My comments are just because of frustration may be.....Never thought long distance after marriage can be this painful.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
MissDominica said:
LOL @ bad word... I hear that. I have to remove a few! Can I ask you a question.. how did you print out your skype history? Did you just copy and paste into a word document and print it out? Or is there a more official way?
I print driect from skype website... Singin useing your ID and Pass .. go My account click on View utesage history..

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
diyabrar said:
I completely respect that.. I know they receive thousands of application...and i also know they are short stuffed...may be if possible they can hire more employees as the number of files are increasing like crazy.....i am sure the employees are over loaded with work which is not a good idea at all given that they are dealing with such sensitive issue...

My comments are just because of frustration may be.....Never thought long distance after marriage can be this painful.
i was at ur shoe before..my agony of waiting was ended 13 months to be exact...all i can say is.. its just case to case basis, depends who handle ur case and above all is how u present ur paper(content,clarity,proof,consistency) i maybe wrong but its just a plain opinion of mine. goodluck everyone and hope the soonest u receive a positive result specially those 2011 batch..

-cheers-

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
alibaba_ctg said:
I print driect from skype website... Singin useing your ID and Pass .. go My account click on View utesage history..
thats only if you dont use free skype,if you pay montly payment or yearly then the usage history is aailable if not theres no free caling history on my account, i just checked. so if you want to have calling history that is free than the only way is to copy & paste.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
8/9 days until interview is everyone preparedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd :p ;D am chocking ;)

Bluenoser

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Interview........
"In Process" 16-11-2012 - No Interview Required
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-2012
I received my spouse's PPR today by email. They must have sent it to me because we submitted the authorization of a representative document naming me as the representative. We went "in process" exactly one week ago, on November 16th. Seems pretty fast. Singapore received our application package exactly 5 months ago. To be honest this has caught us off-guard, as we were expecting a much longer wait after seeing how long most Singapore Visa Office applicants on this forum have to wait. I want to travel to Singapore to submit and pick up the passport in person, but the letter does not mention that as an option. I know that others have done this, however. Looks like I have to contact them and read through more old posts on this forum.

For those in the future who are preparing their packages for submission and want to know what we did in order to get a relatively quick processing time:

We broke the proof package into many sections based on the timeline of our relationship. Included lots of detail and proof for each section, with a cover page write-up and listing of the items contained in the section. Also included a background section at the beginning giving a summary of our situation. The final section contained all of the financial support stuff. Referenced this proof package in the application itself, where there is not always sufficient room to expand on details. We were completely honest in every question and provided as much detail as possible. The GCMS notes showed that this helps, as it was mentioned that this and that was sufficiently explained, as our situation was not 100% straight-forward.

Anyway, good luck to all. I would appreciate anyone who has gone to submit the passport in person but did not have this listed as an option on the PPR giving me some information, as I want to book our air tickets ASAP.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Bluenoser said:
I received my spouse's PPR today by email. They must have sent it to me because we submitted the authorization of a representative document naming me as the representative. We went "in process" exactly one week ago, on November 16th. Seems pretty fast. Singapore received our application package exactly 5 months ago. To be honest this has caught us off-guard, as we were expecting a much longer wait after seeing how long most Singapore Visa Office applicants on this forum have to wait. I want to travel to Singapore to submit and pick up the passport in person, but the letter does not mention that as an option. I know that others have done this, however. Looks like I have to contact them and read through more old posts on this forum.

For those in the future who are preparing their packages for submission and want to know what we did in order to get a relatively quick processing time:

We broke the proof package into many sections based on the timeline of our relationship. Included lots of detail and proof for each section, with a cover page write-up and listing of the items contained in the section. Also included a background section at the beginning giving a summary of our situation. The final section contained all of the financial support stuff. Referenced this proof package in the application itself, where there is not always sufficient room to expand on details. We were completely honest in every question and provided as much detail as possible. The GCMS notes showed that this helps, as it was mentioned that this and that was sufficiently explained, as our situation was not 100% straight-forward.

Anyway, good luck to all. I would appreciate anyone who has gone to submit the passport in person but did not have this listed as an option on the PPR giving me some information, as I want to book our air tickets ASAP.
congrats bluenoser :p

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
thats only if you dont use free skype,if you pay montly payment or yearly then the usage history is aailable if not theres no free caling history on my account, i just checked. so if you want to have calling history that is free than the only way is to copy & paste.
that right i pay every month $2.99 Unlimited Canada :p