Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khansam said:
Dear Bangladeshi applicant,
How long is the average processing time in Singapore for spousal visa? Is it 21 months or less than 21 months?
Is the interview mandatory? If there is an interview, where the applicant have to go for the interview? Singapore or Dhaka ( i guess Dhaka office is closed now)?

Thanks in advance for your reply. :)
Assalam alaykum

No one can guarantee how long will it take for Singapore to process our visas. Most of the time its within 1-3.5 months after you see 'in process' in your e-cas (as Amy612 said).

Interview may not be necessary for all the applicants.

Now I'm curious about your third question too. Where will the interview take place for Bangladeshis as there is no CHC in Bangladesh?

khansam

Jul 12, 2011
rose87 said:
Assalam alaykum

No one can guarantee how long will it take for Singapore to process our visas. Most of the time its within 1-3.5 months after you see 'in process' in your e-cas (as Amy612 said).

Interview may not be necessary for all the applicants.

Now I'm curious about your third question too. Where will the interview take place for Bangladeshis as there is no CHC in Bangladesh?
After my sponsorship is approved and when the file is in Singapore.After how long they will usually show ''in process'? My lawyer said 12-14 months in Singapore. So i wanted to know the approximate time from any of the applicant who recently received the result.

If they have dont have any visa office in Dhaka now,it means they have no intention to take any interview.Am i right?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Thanks for the TRV info silenthill and BP. I think I will go ahead and apply for one for my wife. Sounds like it might be worth a shot after all.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
khansam said:
i wanted to know the approximate time from any of the applicant who recently received the result.
After receiving file, Singapore first open the file, note down all the information, check all the forms. If everything is ready than it goes for review by a visa officer. Visa offier will take the decission whether your relationship is genuine or not. If he is satisfied that the sponsored person is a member of Familly class, then it will be written as "Eligibility: Passed". So you don't need any interview at this stage. But they have right for interview any time during the whole processing time. At this stage Singapore updates the ECAS status as "In Process". The date they say started the processing is actually is the date VO takes the decission Eligibilty Passed. I found this in my GCMS notes. I think that's why all people who see In Process do not require to attend interview.
I am not sure exactly when they start security and criminality check. But I am sure Singapore asks for passport after getting these clearence. It varies from person to person. I heard normal check takes avg 3 months.
Singapore asks for passport at the end of processing where as some other visa office like New dellhi asks at the beginning.
Whatever I am saying here is completely based on the cases I have read here and my experience with Singapore. So May be I am not 100% right.

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister wanted to get the CAIPS/GCMS notes for the application of my parents. I told her to go here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp but then she was lost regarding the payment.

Above link leads her here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp and after that when she goes to this link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d she can't find any information about how and where to pay for GCMS OR CAIPS notes.

Can anyone please help? She will have to pay $5 (as the first link suggested), right? She is a Canadian citizen.

Also, what is the difference between electronics files and paper files as the application form says? .....and will she get the GCMS or CAIPS notes?

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the background check?

I just read somewhere that if the applicant has lived in more than one country, it can take 6-9 months of background check!!!!! Man, I lived in another country for years (& have included the police certificate of that country with my application) !!!!!!! :( :mad: :eek: :'(

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
rose87 said:
My sister wanted to get the CAIPS/GCMS notes for the application of my parents. I told her to go here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp but then she was lost regarding the payment.

Above link leads her here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp and after that when she goes to this link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d she can't find any information about how and where to pay for GCMS OR CAIPS notes.

Can anyone please help? She will have to pay $5 (as the first link suggested), right? She is a Canadian citizen.

Also, what is the difference between electronics files and paper files as the application form says? .....and will she get the GCMS or CAIPS notes?
electronics means they will e-mail you the notes...paper means they will use postal service to send you paper copy. It is good to ask for electronic its faster.If they file is small they do like to use electronic. Your sister can buy money order from any bank and attach that with the request form.

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaheenaz said:
electronics means they will e-mail you the notes...paper means they will use postal service to send you paper copy. It is good to ask for electronic its faster.If they file is small they do like to use electronic. Your sister can buy money order from any bank and attach that with the request form.
Thank you for the info Shaheenaz. I'll let her know today inshAllah.

I can see in your timeline & signature you applied same time as mine, October 2011 but your medical was done March 2012??? I didn't get it. I had to do the medical and attach it with my application.

Also, in February 2012 you got to know a decision had been made (even before medical)? How come? Please explain.

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaheenaz said:
Do you know how to pay online? Online payment would be great for her as she hasn't got enough time.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
rose87 said:
Do you know how to pay online? Online payment would be great for her as she hasn't got enough time.
oops that should be 2011 not 2012. my bad:(
I didn't pay on line I just bought money order from CIBC .

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you shaheenaz for the info.

Does anybody know how to pay online in CIC website for CAIPS/GCMS notes?

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
rose87 said:
I think I can help you. I paid online through the credit card. There is a option for online payment. In fact I sent the request by email and asked them to send it by email. There was no problem. I got the GCMS notes within one month.
One more thing be careful about the electronic file and physical file. You should check the electronic file as it will not delay your case. and check the box "Application status".
If you have any other question let me know.

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy612 said:
I think I can help you. I paid online through the credit card. There is a option for online payment. In fact I sent the request by email and asked them to send it by email. There was no problem. I got the GCMS notes within one month.
One more thing be careful about the electronic file and physical file. You should check the electronic file as it will not delay your case. and check the box "Application status".
If you have any other question let me know.
Thanks a looooot Amy! :)

So, just to clarify, she'll have to e-mail them to send her the link where she can pay for the Caips/GCMS notes online,right? She couldn't find the link where she could pay online. This link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp eventually leads to this link :
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d where she can't find any payment link for Caips/GCMS notes.

Please confirm. Thanks again. :D

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
rose87 said:
Thanks a looooot Amy! :)
No. I am sending the link to pay the fees $5 is

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

Follow the link .When the page opens, you have to select Access of Information fees. $5 is written there.

She can send the filled up forms , proof of payments by email or she can send it by mail. If you download the form you can see the instruction and email address or mail address.

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy612 said:
No. I am sending the link to pay the fees $5 is

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

Follow the link .When the page opens, you have to select Access of Information fees. $5 is written there.

She can send the filled up forms , proof of payments by email or she can send it by mail. If you download the form you can see the instruction and email address or mail address.
Thanks a lot Amy. I really appreciate it. :)