Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
JasonKenny said:
Does anyone know how long after the file transferred to Singapore from CPC-M the address of principal applicant shows ?
When I login with the immigration file number it only shows
1. We received your application for PR
2. Medical Received
How frequently you check the ecas status? Actually for my case I saw the principal applicant address only for two-weeks. After that my husband's address disappeared from Jan 27 to till now. It seems when singapore works on files, address disappears. So many people in this forum got update after disappearing their addresses. Right now my file is In Process. So may be you are lucky. They are working on your file. Good luck.

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
Thanks for the reply. I think that would be too optimistic. Probably they haven't even looked at it yet. I check it very frequently and the address never showed there from day 1 it got transferred to Singapore.

But I am almost certain they don't process it in a sequential manner. Two of my friends got PPR this month

1st one had a processing time of 6 months at Singapore
2nd one had a processing time of 3 months at Singapore

they both got PPR within one week apart earlier this month.

any idea when the initial screening of the application happens after it gets transferred to Singapore ?

Thanks

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
JasonKenny said:
Thanks for the reply. I think that would be too optimistic. Probably they haven't even looked at it yet. I check it very frequently and the address never showed there from day 1 it got transferred to Singapore.

But I am almost certain they don't process it in a sequential manner. Two of my friends got PPR this month

1st one had a processing time of 6 months at Singapore
2nd one had a processing time of 3 months at Singapore

they both got PPR within one week apart earlier this month.

any idea when the initial screening of the application happens after it gets transferred to Singapore ?

Thanks
Could you please tell me when did they apply? When their file tgransferred to Singapore?
I did a research on singapore processing time ha ha. My assumption is they do innitial review 1 to 1.5 months after they receive the application. After that if the case is straight forward then they start the processing or take the necessary steps. Every case is different. and definately luck is a factor. But if your case is very straight forward and they have no doubt about the genuineness of the relationship, no problem with the background check, criminality, militray service etc, then you will be done by 4-7 months after receiving in Singaporre.

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
The one had PPR in 3 months :
Transfer to singapore : 5 December 2011
In-Process: 5 February 2012
PPR sent: 22 February 2012
received the passport back earlier this month or Last week of March

The one had PPR in 6/7 months:

Transfer to singapore : I think August or September 2011
In-Process: Not sure
PPR sent: I think 2nd or 3rd week of March 2012
received the passport back earlier this month 2012

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
Has any one sent an address change request to Singapore? if so, what is the best way ? email them or use the web form ?

Thanks

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
JasonKenny said:
Has any one sent an address change request to Singapore? if so, what is the best way ? email them or use the web form ?

Thanks
[/qu]
As you applied out side Canada, you have to contact with singapore to change your address. Check the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp
I read somewhere, they sent singapore an email to update the change of address and it worked.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Amy612 said:
Could you please tell me when did they apply? When their file tgransferred to Singapore?
I did a research on singapore processing time ha ha. My assumption is they do innitial review 1 to 1.5 months after they receive the application. After that if the case is straight forward then they start the processing or take the necessary steps. Every case is different. and definately luck is a factor. But if your case is very straight forward and they have no doubt about the genuineness of the relationship, no problem with the background check, criminality, militray service etc, then you will be done by 4-7 months after receiving in Singaporre.
I think your assumption is not right in my case. Cuz SGVO received my letter on May' 11 till then i got no updates. It's been 10+ months.... :'(...m so frustrated......

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Amy612 said:
How frequently you check the ecas status? Actually for my case I saw the principal applicant address only for two-weeks. After that my husband's address disappeared from Jan 27 to till now. It seems when singapore works on files, address disappears. So many people in this forum got update after disappearing their addresses. Right now my file is In Process. So may be you are lucky. They are working on your file. Good luck.
Hope you are right...cuz my address also disappeared for last at least two months......m so frustrated....... :'(

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
ekarus said:
I think your assumption is not right in my case. Cuz SGVO received my letter on May' 11 till then i got no updates. It's been 10+ months.... :'(...m so frustrated......
Initial assessment does not mean that you will see an update in you eCas. The officer might simply add his comment and put it back on the queue with a next processing date. It depends on your case. Coz I have seen cases got processed by Singapore in 3 months, so they must be doing an initial assessment soon after the file gets there.

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
Amy612 said:
As you applied out side Canada, you have to contact with singapore to change your address. Check the link
cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp
I read somewhere, they sent singapore an email to update the change of address and it worked.
Thanks for the link , I think the web form is a better idea

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Amy612 said:
Amy
Did you here anything from VO? I am following you since I did filed right after you ...It has been a year my husband and I apart from each other. We came to a point where we cry when we see each other in skype or yahoo :'( Our smiles fade out gradually . It is soo hard :'( Once they see my pictures they should understand it is not a fake marriage. Who on earth gather family members and spend so much money with in a short period to do a fake marriage? I have given every activities pictures :( :'( My daughter and I passing a terrible time with out my husbands support in Canada but can't even change the situation for this processing :'( :'( :'(

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shaheenaz said:
Amy612 said:
Amy
Did you here anything from VO? I am following you since I did filed right after you ...It has been a year my husband and I apart from each other. We came to a point where we cry when we see each other in skype or yahoo :'( Our smiles fade out gradually . It is soo hard :'( Once they see my pictures they should understand it is not a fake marriage. Who on earth gather family members and spend so much money with in a short period to do a fake marriage? I have given every activities pictures :( :'( My daughter and I passing a terrible time with out my husbands support in Canada but can't even change the situation for this processing :'( :'( :'(
Shaheenaz,
I didn't hear anything from singapore after April 3. My ecas status has changed to "In Process". It says
We received your application on Sept 28. We have started your processing on April 10, 2012. Medical results have been received."
Singapore receiived your file after one months of mine. So don't worry. You will see some change in your ecas very shortly I beleive.
I don't see my husband and son for the last seven months. So I know how difficult it is. We have nothing to do. Just keep faith in Allah and waitng....All the best.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Dragoon said:
Anyone from Vietnam have had their interviews yet? Got letter on November 7, 2011 and still waiting. A few people from other countries already had interviews, what is taking Singapore or this VO so long to schedule an interview.
My wife also got her first interview letter on November 7 dated November 4 2011. Next month it will be 6 months. I read in this thread that after 5 to 7 months Singapore sends second letter with interview date. I am very worried. I do not know how many times a year Singapore VO conducts interviews in HCM city. From looking at older posts, interviews are usually conducted in June and July sometimes in May. I hope your spouse and my spouse will have the interview this year. This means they can be here for Christmas

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Canadianfirst said:
My wife also got her first interview letter on November 7 dated November 4 2011. Next month it will be 6 months. I read in this thread that after 5 to 7 months Singapore sends second letter with interview date. I am very worried. I do not know how many times a year Singapore VO conducts interviews in HCM city. From looking at older posts, interviews are usually conducted in June and July sometimes in May. I hope your spouse and my spouse will have the interview this year. This means they can be here for Christmas
My husband received the letter on october ,so its over 7months now, people say about my country too that its in about 5-8months to receive the letter, i think that info is incorrect. Does your letter state 24months or less?
I am very dissapointed of this waiting.. hopefully its sometime soon cuz i cant take it anymore.good luck to you,keep us updated

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Shiny88 said:
My husband received the letter on october ,so its over 7months now, people say about my country too that its in about 5-8months to receive the letter, i think that info is incorrect. Does your letter state 24months or less?
I am very dissapointed of this waiting.. hopefully its sometime soon cuz i cant take it anymore.good luck to you,keep us updated
Yes my wife's letter also said 24 months or less.
What I try to do is look at older posts of people from Vietnam that went to interview. Kimbo.780's wife went to interview in november and it was about 11 months after the file was transferred to singapore.

The interview is just the first step because my wife must redo medical and police report they are expired.
After the interview it can take another 4-5 months to complete everything.