+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Vietan

Apr 3, 2019
mine got transferred in Jan 2019 and they started to process on the 28th of Jan 2019.. After medical and biometrics no updates since!!
i see other threads Oct and Nov are getting PPR but from other VOs....
Mine started to process on the april 1 2019 and waiting Medical request. How long did you get medical request after got transferred?

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Mine started to process on the april 1 2019 and waiting Medical request. How long did you get medical request after got transferred?
Mine was a month after they started to process. SGVO sends medical and biometric request quite fast but the painful wait is after the medicals...

Reactions: Vietan

siamyvr

Jan 5, 2019
I am sponsoring my Thai wife and our application went to Singapore. I've got an email saying it has been sent there Apr 5, 2019. We've got a request for biometrics prior to that (completed recently) but no medical request just yet.

Not sure if it even reached SGVO yet.

Johnnycash17

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
I am sponsoring my Thai wife and our application went to Singapore. I've got an email saying it has been sent there Apr 5, 2019. We've got a request for biometrics prior to that (completed recently) but no medical request just yet.

Not sure if it even reached SGVO yet.

How come some got their biometic and medical done before being transfer??

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey all,
Any one has received Medical Request from Singapore this week? I got AOR 2 on Apr 1, 2019. Have not received any Med request as of now or have not heard anything yet after that.
Thanks!

siamyvr

Jan 5, 2019
Hey all,
Any one has received Medical Request from Singapore this week? I got AOR 2 on Apr 1, 2019. Have not received any Med request as of now or have not heard anything yet after that.
Thanks!
What did your AOR2 look like? We've got email about transfer on Singapore on Apr 5th, 2019 and nothing yet after that.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
What did your AOR2 look like? We've got email about transfer on Singapore on Apr 5th, 2019 and nothing yet after that.
I got AOR2 after 2 weeks of that email you are referring to.
It was much like AOR 1 but was sent from Singapore with their address.
Have you received Med Req yet? Hopefully you will get AOR2 soon as well.

siamyvr

Jan 5, 2019
I got AOR2 after 2 weeks of that email you are referring to.
It was much like AOR 1 but was sent from Singapore with their address.
Have you received Med Req yet? Hopefully you will get AOR2 soon as well.
No medical request. Silence since Apr 5...

siamyvr

Jan 5, 2019
I was thinking Singapore office would be fast compare to other offices. Still no luck. If I calculate since the day it was transferred, it's been more than a month and half. :(
My understanding was that Singapore is actually one of the slow ones. Before CIC made it a uniform 12-month "promise" I remember looking up Singapore and it had 3 years sponsorship timeline, while other places had 9-12 months. Also, I read somewhere that Singapore delays medical as to avoid its expiration because it's slow (while others are faster and can do medical early).

Reactions: sdharan19

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
My understanding was that Singapore is actually one of the slow ones. Before CIC made it a uniform 12-month "promise" I remember looking up Singapore and it had 3 years sponsorship timeline, while other places had 9-12 months. Also, I read somewhere that Singapore delays medical as to avoid its expiration because it's slow (while others are faster and can do medical early).
OMG! Had no idea about that. Rather I thought they are 'ok' in terms of processing time. Well, nothing we can do about that. So at least, once they send the Med Req, will it be safe to assume the processing is almost at the end?