File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
So what is the verdict folks for Sponsorship of Thai Citizens? Send in the PCC (police clearance) initially with the entire package to Miss. but it will expire before the whole process is finished and needs to be resent? or just wait for the letter from Singapore once Sponsorship has been approved and send it then?
Yikes...

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
thaihubbie said:
So what is the verdict folks for Sponsorship of Thai Citizens? Send in the PCC (police clearance) initially with the entire package to Miss. but it will expire before the whole process is finished and needs to be resent? or just wait for the letter from Singapore once Sponsorship has been approved and send it then?
Yikes...
th,
As I wrote before, most cases take more than 6 months from the date you send in the application to CPC-M so your husband's PCC may expire before a decision is made. I waited until Singapore sent us a letter requesting the PCC as it is told in the forms but some people may do it firstly to help speed up the process (keeping in mind if their application goes through smoothly). Btw, Singapore will not send you guys a letter approving sponsorship, CPC-M will :)...

Is your wife from Vietnam or Thailand? Did you submit criminal record for your wife yet?
It has been 4 months for you......maybe the good news is on its way. Calling or e-mailing by yourself would not work unless you have an MP or MLA call them.

Gluck
nguyentu2001,
She is Thai and the PCC is in process now and will soon be in our hands. It help greatly to be able to talk to someone in Singapore dealing with our case to clear up some questions.

We are now considering sending the PCC and the passport together to Singapore. We would like to plan a wedding in Canada asap during the summer months and I also have a return flight that will expire soon. We will plan to write a letter to Singapore explaining our reasons for sending the passport with the PCC. Does anyone see any problems with this since they have yet to request the passport? We don't plan to travel outside of the country until the visa is approved.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,
ct

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canthai said:
nguyentu2001,
She is Thai and the PCC is in process now and will soon be in our hands. It help greatly to be able to talk to someone in Singapore dealing with our case to clear up some questions.

We are now considering sending the PCC and the passport together to Singapore. We would like to plan a wedding in Canada asap during the summer months and I also have a return flight that will expire soon. We will plan to write a letter to Singapore explaining our reasons for sending the passport with the PCC. Does anyone see any problems with this since they have yet to request the passport? We don't plan to travel outside of the country until the visa is approved.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,
ct
[/quote]

I don't think sending the passport is a good idea. My friend who applied for PR, sent her passport away before requested...and the passport was sent back to her (it actually slowed down her application process).

Be careful! You decide what risk to take

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hi all,
So I sent in the PCC, about a month ago, a month after Singapore requested for it (when we could find the time). Well, no request for passport yet. We have faxed and emailed their office notifying them of our new mailing address since we wanted to be close to my wife's family before we leave. No change of address updated on ecas (3 days later). We also asked them to kindly email us to say if they got the fax ok. Nothing. I called them about 20 times during the day and all I got was a busy signal. I will keep trying this week. I hope they got the PCC since they require it to be sent within 60 days of their letter. We have no idea if they did since there have been no updates on ecas since they got the file Jan. 6/09 from CPC-M. All it states is... "start process jan.06.09".

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can notify them of our change of mailing address or even get them to update something on ecas?

Thank you!

losing my hair - ct

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Send the embassy a case specific email with your change of address as well.
If you sent the PCC with courier or something maybe you could track that it was received? I don't know the system in Singapore but hope they would have something like that. Embassies state that they don't confirm receipt of any documents and that the responsibility is on us to send it with something trackable.
I hope you get some good news soon :)

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Boncuk,
thanks for your quick reply... we did send a case specific email to them and no response. we tracked the PCC with a courier and it got their ok. i hope we don't seem to be bugging them, i'd hate to make them delay it more than it should be!

thx, we're hoping for some good news too!

ct

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
So that's all you need to know according to them.. they got it.. guess you have to just wait it out.. You don't want to seem too pushy and each time you make an enquiry they pull your file out so maybe that puts you back at the end of the pile whoever returns it.. who knows? Better to just hold out I think!

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
I never received an AOR from Singapore office and judging from others maybe they don't send them out.

You can check your status on the CIC website though using your Client ID# given on the Mississauga approval letter.

There isn't much info but this is what I got:

received application to sponsor: Nov. 5, 2008
process application: Dec. 2, 2008
process permanent residence: Dec. 16, 2008

So as you can see I submitted my application in early October so in total almost 8 months. If they had requested an interview might have taken longer.

I submitted hundreds of photos, hundreds of pages of yahoo chat dialogues with exact time and date, numerous e-mails, postal letters, printed website gift invoice with supplied login information, calling cards and phone bills, names of all friends and relatives with their respective contact info including phone numbers, names of all relatives and friends in the wedding pictures, stamped visa for our honeymoon to Thailand, basically gave them everything I could whether they accept them or not.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think Singapore office sends AOR to spouse in Vietnam or Thailand. They just update "in process" on ecas.
So it has been 6 months for you, Horise. You should get it soon this month or next...I would assume.

It's different for spouses in Thailand and Vietnam since spouses in Vietnam are required to send the PCC right when they submit the application. I don't know why they want Thai spouses to send PCC only when they request.

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
No news here...
My status on ECAS has been to NOT AVAILABLE and on don't expect to see this change...

So indeed, very quiet. Hopefully Horsie will get it soon and we'll know that they are still processing.

Take care,
Jean

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
From what I know, horsie's already been approved.

I sent Singapore some additional documents they requested via email a few weeks ago and we're waiting on their reply. I doubt we'll get called for an interview, and if these documents prove satisfactory, hopefully my application will wrap up as well.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife got the passport request letter yesterday. It seems to me that Singapore office is doing a very fast and good job.
Application started to process on March 30th, 2009, no AOR, no update on Ecas

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Woohooo!!!!
Congratulations Nguyen!!!

Very very happy for you and your wife!
This gives me a lot of hope for our request as well.
Well done and congratulations again. You made my day.

Jean