+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore regional office quiet...

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danny2009 said:
My cousin sponsored his wife from Vietnam in 6 months. Yeah. just 4 months, please relax because it isn't a long time for immigration.
6 months including sponsorship application+PR application???!!!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emmy said:
nguyentu2001 said:
Do you know anyone who has successfully applied for PR (family class) through Singapore visa office? I am getting worried now that you guys have been waiting more than 4 months and still nothing.
Why would you be worried after 4 months though? I'm not saying that 4 months isn't a long time as a general thing. But in this case they've published 2008 processing timelines which show cases are being completed in 4 - 9 months in Singapore. So it looks like you have to wait at least 4 months at a bare minimum.

In London they're taking 2 - 7 months, and we've been waiting 6 months. And from their response to my recent query, they're just waiting for the background check and don't need anything further from me. So they've been working on it, and it looks like it's almost done, and they haven't had to contact me about anything.
I am just thinking too much.

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
nguyentu2001 said:
Do you know anyone who has successfully applied for PR (family class) through Singapore visa office? I am getting worried now that you guys have been waiting more than 4 months and still nothing.
Actually, someone just recently got their visa after 4 months or so, but that's because they had been living together for so long already and I think there was absolutely no question that the relationship was genuine. So it really does depend on how the relationship looks on paper.

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Hello all,

Well, my status is still showing Not Available for the Singapore office after a month. But that is because I am currently waiting for the MICC to produce the Certificat de Selection du Quebec. That was because of an error from the CIC (not picking up that I was going to QC) and they had to amend the letter of sponsorship approval. So anyhow, basically, I think I am about six weeks behind (so about two months behind you Nguyen). I just hope it wont get dragged out and that the medical / police check will be expired (Dec 2009).

Slightly different subject, anyone had experience with getting a visitor visa while waiting for PRV?
I heard people say don't do it, and others (including some heroes here) saying it doesn't hurt it unless you do something stupid.
So did anyone actually have experience with this that you would like to share?

Thanks,
Jean

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
nguyentu2001 said:
I am just thinking too much.
Well, I received some good news today. My e-Cas changed to Decision Made, and the MP's office called and found out my visa has been approved, and the London office has sent out a passport request. So it kind of reinforces my point...we waited 6 months without being contacted once, and it turns out there was no issue at all with our application. It just took a bit longer than normal for the background checks to complete.

So the only advice I can give is, relax as much as you can and be as patient as you can, even though I know it's very hard to do. It's not always a bad thing if you don't hear anything, even if they've been processing it for a few months. It could actually be good news, and they've waived the interview as they're convinced the relationship is genuine. Chances are they will contact you early if they have any doubts about the relationship or need more proof/documents/interview/etc.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
congrats emmy!

thanks for all the posts, sorry for the late reply! appl. was application not appeal, sorry for the misconf. :p

my wife and i will have to be patient i guess. tough to plan things in the future but it will be soon completed and we can go on with our lives..

good luck to all!
ct

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Thanks. Yes, it's hard to be patient, but there's not much else you can do. You're still in the early stages according to their published timelines, so there's no need to panic.

But if it does drag on for a few more months, you can try ordering CAIPS notes to see what's happening with your application, and you can also contact your MP's office in Canada to get a status update for you. Ours was very helpful and prompt. They can't do anything to speed up the application, but they can at least get more detail on what the hold up is for you.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
hi all,
we just received a package from singapore with some relationship evidence (photos, air stubs, rent receipts, postcards, etc.) and 2 letters. i'm not 100% sure if the letters follow each other since there are no corresponding page numbers. one letter states "case status/additional information required" and a check mark beside "additional supporting documentation is required at this time". this page also shows our application info. and addresses, similar to a cover letter.

the second letter states "required documents" and the PCC is checked meaning they request it (obviously).

my concerns are these...
1) does the first check mark (on one letter) for additional supporting documents mean the PCC (check mark on the second letter)? and if it doesn't then what would they need from us to satisfy the required additional supporting documentation? why did they send some of our relationship evidence back to us?

2) if i was suppose to send the PCC with the whole package and now they ask for it, will our application be delayed since it is something i have missed?

has anyone else experienced this before? btw, i use to have hair...

ct

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you miss some paper and are required to resubmit, yes the application will be delayed.

What is PCC (police check certificate)? PCC for your spouse or for you?

I thought sponsor does not need a criminal record???

Why did they send back your "photos, air stubs, rent receipts, postcards, etc.)"? Does that mean they dont need it anymore? Can you elaborate on this? I assumed they must have said something in the letters regarding this.

Thanks,

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
nguyentu2001,

i hope that isn't our case because the forms say not to send a police certificate at this time (at the time i sent the application) and to wait until they ask for it. the pcc (police clearance certificate) is for the applicant not the sponsor.

no, they didn't mention anything about the stuff they sent back or any reason, this is why i'm confused as to what they really need (i.e. more than just the pcc!?).

anyone experience the same?

ct

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually think it is a good sign for your application since CIC asked for PCC. I think everything else on your application is satisfied and now they just need PCC to finalized.

My wife got PCC done in Vietnam and we did send it with the application. FOr our application, it is stated that the PCC needed to be done before submitting application.

Thanks,
Tu

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
I have to agree with NguyenTu on this one. I think you are near the end and you only need your PCC.
As I mentioned to you before, it should be a breeze to get it from the Royal Thai Police and then to ems it to Singapore.

Have you tried calling the Singapore Office?

Good luck,
Jean

PS
I am still waiting for Quebec CSQ and it is still "Not Available" on the ECAS... :-(

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
jvhd,
I'd like to try to call them but they state on their website that they will not respond to any calls even if they are regarding the application (unless it has been taking forever to be complete)...

Quote from the Canadian Embassy in Singapore website:
"In view of our workload, we will not respond status requests until the processing time periods listed above have been exceeded . Please send a signed letter or fax including your file number, name and date of birth. We do not respond to phone inquiries. Allow four weeks, plus mailing time, for a response."

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/temp_employment-travailler_temp.aspx?lang=eng#case_status

I have sent messages via email (ecas as well) and have not yet heard from them. I understand if they won't respond to inquiries made from people who have general questions, but my wife and I are commited and in the process and our questions are definitely not general.

Anyhow, I won't complain too much ;). Thanks for your words of advice!

ct

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your wife from Vietnam or Thailand? Did you submit criminal record for your wife yet?
It has been 4 months for you......maybe the good news is on its way. Calling or e-mailing by yourself would not work unless you have an MP or MLA call them.

Gluck