+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Police COC (from overseas -Timeframe) [Jan 2019]

HUONG LE

Mar 20, 2021
Hi I got ITA and request to get a Singapore Police certificate, I log in the website and they ask for singpass, but I lost my student pass since 2014 when I left Singapore. How can I get a singpass. I did ask this email provided:

HUONG LE

Mar 20, 2021
"(ii) scan of your Singapore ID card"
My student pass was taken by police at the border in 2014, and now I dont have any Singpass. How should I prove? Or I need to fill in the plank with my Canada work permit?

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
You don't have to have a Sing Pass to apply. Under "Appeal by non-Singapore Citizens to Apply for Certificate of Clearance", there's an option to "Log in via FIN. Just use your FIN. In case you're gonna say you don't have your student pass any more and hence don't know your FIN, you need to find that number either by asking your old school or digging through your other documents -- my school transcripts and graduation certificate, for example, recorded my FIN as the identification number. All the best.

Reactions: indhillon

msjcg

Nov 19, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm a foreigner currently living in S'pore, sponsored by my Canadian common-law spouse who's also based here. Hoping someone who was in a similar situation could advise on my questions below...

Under "Marital Status" in the appeal, I want to enter "Cohabited" since I am living with my partner and I want the details (between both COC & immigration application) to be consistent as much as possible. Naturally, I also plan to add his nationality, Canadian, under Spouse details.

Questions
1. Will doing the above complicate things? i.e. Is it better to declare my status as Single, and Spouse field as empty?
My partner & I do not have any sort of common-law contract, nor are we "registered" to be in a common-law partnership in any way, so this information is totally new in the eyes of Singapore government. We do share a bank account, expenses, a place together - but that's about it.
2. Will marital status even appear in the COC?
I googled how a COC looked like but can't find any that shows how the back side looked. From the front side it looks like this information is not included. If it's not included maybe the above question will be irrelevant.

Thanks all in advance for your responses! :)

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm a foreigner currently living in S'pore, sponsored by my Canadian common-law spouse who's also based here. Hoping someone who was in a similar situation could advise on my questions below...

Under "Marital Status" in the appeal, I want to enter "Cohabited" since I am living with my partner and I want the details (between both COC & immigration application) to be consistent as much as possible. Naturally, I also plan to add his nationality, Canadian, under Spouse details.

Questions
1. Will doing the above complicate things? i.e. Is it better to declare my status as Single, and Spouse field as empty?
My partner & I do not have any sort of common-law contract, nor are we "registered" to be in a common-law partnership in any way, so this information is totally new in the eyes of Singapore government. We do share a bank account, expenses, a place together - but that's about it.
2. Will marital status even appear in the COC?
I googled how a COC looked like but can't find any that shows how the back side looked. From the front side it looks like this information is not included. If it's not included maybe the above question will be irrelevant.

Thanks all in advance for your responses! :)
The marital status doesn’t appear in COC.

gpt1

Feb 13, 2020
hi,

My timeline for COC was pretty quick, I applied for coc b4 I got ITA, and my application with my spouse, approved in 7 working days, then I booked DHL courier and informed to pickup from COC office and got mine 10 days,

Just want to share my experience,
Hi, What option did you fill while filling application?
Its proxy or mail.
Hiw did you inform COC office that you booked DHL & they will pickup

Brizzy31

Aug 26, 2022
Hi, just wanted to know if the application status on COC Enquiry page remains "Accepted, Pending Fingerprint", even after our fingerprints have been delivered to them? My fingerprints were delivered on 19th august 2022 but the application status still shows pending fingerprints.

Brizzy31

Aug 26, 2022
Just got my Singapore COC while residing outside Singapore (in a South Asian country). So writing this short article for anyone planning to do the same.

I stayed in Singapore btw 2008-2013. And I applied for the COC from outside Singapore. Here is a step-by-step.

You do not need to provide COC as part of your application.
Yes ! You submit your express entry application, and then afterwards IRCC will issue you with the Singapore COC request letter which you will then submit as part of your SG COC application package. I was issued issued with the request letter 2 months 10 days after the submission of my application.

Be prompt when you receive the request letter.
You will be given 60 days to get the whole job done. Getting COC while residing overseas is a hassle. If the request letter has been issued by the High Commission of Canada then you have 30 days !

First you appeal
In my case, my appeal was accepted within 24 hours (however on the SPF website it says the following: >>"You will be notified of the appeal outcome within 5 working days."<<). You will need (i) scan of your passport size photo, (ii) scan of your Singapore ID card, (iii) IRCC/ High Commission request letter, (iv) scan of your passport, (v) plus any supporting letter - in my case I attached a letter of degree conferment from the Singapore university which I attended to make my application stronger.

Then you apply
After the successful appeal, now you can apply. After you apply, in my case I was sent with a fingerprint request letter within 36 hours by email.

The fingerprint business
For those residing outside Singapore
Bear in mind that there is a format for fingerprint (with the title INDUSTRIAL IDENTIFICATION). At the time of writing this thread, the form/format can be downloaded online from:
https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/coc_sample_of_fingerprints.pdf
https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/spf/files/e-services/form_coc_sg.pdf
https://www.police.gov.sg/sgsecure/~/media/coc_fingerprint_form.pdf?la=en
If the link is broken good luck with your search. The SPF is good with the email, email them and ask them to tell you the format of fingerprint. They tend to reply within 3-5 days for straightforward non-annoying emails.

Authorized centre: These include police station in your home country, commissioner of oath, justice of peace, notary public. If you are residing overseas please get your fingerprint at one of these centres only with relevant stamps/ signature of the centre.

Courier/ Post your fingerprint
Send your fingerprint along with a letter which will be emailed to you. Alternatively the receipt of your payment can also be attached. Bear in mind that the information on website is not always promptly updated. You need to be careful with courier/ postal service - it would be suicide if you choose a snail-pace postal service.
I sent by speedpost tracking, and was checking online postal tracking and police certificate online tracking on a daily basis, here are the stat:
In my case the letter was received by SPF on the 7th calendar day after sending.
After the letter is received by SPF it enters a queue and was opened after another 4-5 working days. After your letter is opened now this is when your application processing time of 5 working days start. In my case my COC was approved on the 5th working day.

COC Issued-Queued-Sing Post
After the COC is approved, it will be printed and then be sent by postal service. Between the issue date and the letter being received by the Singapore Post there is a time of 3 working days. You will receive an email from SPF saying that the letter would be delivered to you in 2-3 weeks (this is a rough estimate, you are not obliged to believe this).
If you have a friend/ relative in Singapore, you can also choose "collect by proxy" option wherein your friend can collect the COC on your behalf, scan it and then email you. Your friend will need relevant authorization letter as well --- I did not go for this so I am not the best person to share info on this.

Sing Post Registered Mail
Contrary to whats being told by other on the forum that it takes ages to receive the letter, I received the letter on the 5th working day (I live in a South Asian country) - this shows that the letter is delivered within reasonable time. Secondly they send the letter to you by registered mail (so you dont have to worry about the letter getting lost). You get to know about the registered mail tracking number when you receive the letter (not sure if this information can be obtained by sending SPF an email).

In summary
In total it took me 40 days (head-to-tail) to receive the letter, after being issued with the COC request letter by IRCC. I was utmost prompt in my action, and nothing went amiss with the postal delivery services. In some circumstances due to delays in postal delivery be prepared for delay of another 5-10 days, and hence an estimation of 45-50 days to receive the COC while residing outside Singapore is very practical.
Hi, just wanted to know if the application status on COC Enquiry page remains "Accepted, Pending Fingerprint", even after our fingerprints have been delivered to them? My fingerprints were delivered yesterday but the application status still shows pending fingerprints.

Brizzy31

Aug 26, 2022
Finally got mine too. Thought that I'd share my timeline (Apr 2019) too. Non-citizen of Singapore.

(Showing Singapore times unless otherwise specified)

Apr 7 Sunday ~3pm: submitted e-appeal
Apr 10 Wednesday ~6am: e-appeal status "Approved" (did not get email; checked status online under "Enquiry")
Apr 10 Wednesday ~8am: submitted COC application
Apr 10 Wednesday ~9am: COC application status "Accepted, Pending Finger Print" (did not get email; checked status online under "Enquiry")
Apr 10 Wednesday 6:46pm: email saying e-appeal was approved
Apr 10 Wednesday 6:57pm: email saying application was accepted with payment receipt in attachment
Apr 11 Thursday: fingerprint taken at local police (no agency stamp; immediately booked appointment with consulate)
Apr 12 Friday: fingerprint taken at consulate (stamp of consulate + signature of consul); both fingerprint cards immediately dropped off for express delivery

Apr 16 Tuesday: package delivered (after a day of being held at customs)

Apr 22 Monday: status changed to "In Progress"

Apr 25 Thursday 6:34pm: email saying COC has been approved. Website status now says "Issued". Regarding delivery, email says:

"Your COC will be mailed in about 2 days to your postal address, as indicated during your application. It may take 2-3 weeks to reach you, depending on your local postage services. For a Singapore address, it may take between 3 to 5 working days to reach you.".

Apr 30 Tuesday: "Accepted at (CITY SQUARE POST OFFICE)" [came to know this retroactively by looking at tracking number after delivery attempt was made]
May 3 Friday: unsuccessful delivery attempt; friend received delivery notice -- "Collection available after 2pm next working day"
May 6 Monday: friend collected COC from post office

Based on my experience, the timeline described by @houseoflions was highly accurate. Overall, the process was a ginormous PITA, especially if one does not live anywhere close to Singapore and thus could not easily travel to Singapore to get the fingerprint done and collect the COC in person.
Hi, just wanted to know if the application status on COC Enquiry page remains "Accepted, Pending Fingerprint", even after our fingerprints have been delivered to them? My fingerprints were delivered on 19th august 2022 but the application status still shows pending fingerprints.

Brizzy31

Aug 26, 2022
Just got my Singapore COC while residing outside Singapore (in a South Asian country). So writing this short article for anyone planning to do the same.

I stayed in Singapore btw 2008-2013. And I applied for the COC from outside Singapore. Here is a step-by-step.

You do not need to provide COC as part of your application.
Yes ! You submit your express entry application, and then afterwards IRCC will issue you with the Singapore COC request letter which you will then submit as part of your SG COC application package. I was issued issued with the request letter 2 months 10 days after the submission of my application.

Be prompt when you receive the request letter.
You will be given 60 days to get the whole job done. Getting COC while residing overseas is a hassle. If the request letter has been issued by the High Commission of Canada then you have 30 days !

First you appeal
In my case, my appeal was accepted within 24 hours (however on the SPF website it says the following: >>"You will be notified of the appeal outcome within 5 working days."<<). You will need (i) scan of your passport size photo, (ii) scan of your Singapore ID card, (iii) IRCC/ High Commission request letter, (iv) scan of your passport, (v) plus any supporting letter - in my case I attached a letter of degree conferment from the Singapore university which I attended to make my application stronger.

Then you apply
After the successful appeal, now you can apply. After you apply, in my case I was sent with a fingerprint request letter within 36 hours by email.

The fingerprint business
For those residing outside Singapore
Bear in mind that there is a format for fingerprint (with the title INDUSTRIAL IDENTIFICATION). At the time of writing this thread, the form/format can be downloaded online from:
https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/coc_sample_of_fingerprints.pdf
https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/spf/files/e-services/form_coc_sg.pdf
https://www.police.gov.sg/sgsecure/~/media/coc_fingerprint_form.pdf?la=en
If the link is broken good luck with your search. The SPF is good with the email, email them and ask them to tell you the format of fingerprint. They tend to reply within 3-5 days for straightforward non-annoying emails.

Authorized centre: These include police station in your home country, commissioner of oath, justice of peace, notary public. If you are residing overseas please get your fingerprint at one of these centres only with relevant stamps/ signature of the centre.

Courier/ Post your fingerprint
Send your fingerprint along with a letter which will be emailed to you. Alternatively the receipt of your payment can also be attached. Bear in mind that the information on website is not always promptly updated. You need to be careful with courier/ postal service - it would be suicide if you choose a snail-pace postal service.
I sent by speedpost tracking, and was checking online postal tracking and police certificate online tracking on a daily basis, here are the stat:
In my case the letter was received by SPF on the 7th calendar day after sending.
After the letter is received by SPF it enters a queue and was opened after another 4-5 working days. After your letter is opened now this is when your application processing time of 5 working days start. In my case my COC was approved on the 5th working day.

COC Issued-Queued-Sing Post
After the COC is approved, it will be printed and then be sent by postal service. Between the issue date and the letter being received by the Singapore Post there is a time of 3 working days. You will receive an email from SPF saying that the letter would be delivered to you in 2-3 weeks (this is a rough estimate, you are not obliged to believe this).
If you have a friend/ relative in Singapore, you can also choose "collect by proxy" option wherein your friend can collect the COC on your behalf, scan it and then email you. Your friend will need relevant authorization letter as well --- I did not go for this so I am not the best person to share info on this.

Sing Post Registered Mail
Contrary to whats being told by other on the forum that it takes ages to receive the letter, I received the letter on the 5th working day (I live in a South Asian country) - this shows that the letter is delivered within reasonable time. Secondly they send the letter to you by registered mail (so you dont have to worry about the letter getting lost). You get to know about the registered mail tracking number when you receive the letter (not sure if this information can be obtained by sending SPF an email).

In summary
In total it took me 40 days (head-to-tail) to receive the letter, after being issued with the COC request letter by IRCC. I was utmost prompt in my action, and nothing went amiss with the postal delivery services. In some circumstances due to delays in postal delivery be prepared for delay of another 5-10 days, and hence an estimation of 45-50 days to receive the COC while residing outside Singapore is very practical.
My coc had been mailed previous week but still i not receive..can u tell me how much days more it will take .

neneng23

Oct 8, 2022
My coc had been mailed previous week but still i not receive..can u tell me how much days more it will take .
Hello.I just want to ask how many weeks they issued your coc? My fingerprint impressions was delivered last sept 27, 2022 to their office.But still my status was Accepted: Pending fingerprint.It was like yours situation before. I am also worried about my coc.hope for a response.thanl you.

neneng23

Oct 8, 2022
My fingerprints were delivered on 26th August and it was only updated to In Progress in Sep 12. Took like 2 weeks.
Is your status by that time you had delivered your needed documents to them was Accepted: Pending fingerprint? Mine was delivered last sept 27, 2022 but still not yet issued.

neneng23

Oct 8, 2022
Hi.I just want to ask how many weeks they had issued your coc from the time your documents had been delivered? Because mine was delivered last sept 27,2022 and still my status enquiry says, Accepted: pending finger print.Hope someone will response to my concern.thank you.

waiter123

Sep 28, 2020
Hi.I just want to ask how many weeks they had issued your coc from the time your documents had been delivered? Because mine was delivered last sept 27,2022 and still my status enquiry says, Accepted: pending finger print.Hope someone will response to my concern.thank you.

Also on the same boat - applying from Canada and non-Singaporean. Fingerprints delivered by Fedex on 2022-10-31. Current date is 2022-11-07 but status showing as Accepted: Pending fingerprint. @neneng23 when did your status change and when did you get your COC?