+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Police COC (from overseas -Timeframe) [Jan 2019]

arr10

May 11, 2023
My wife is Singapore pr and trying to get COC, I received ITA but her name was not there in the ITA, and she appealed to SPF using the Request for Police Certificate template from IRCC.
The appeal was raised on May 5, 2023. We haven't received the approval yet. status shows in progress and we mail the SPF yesterday, just received the automatic response.
Am clueless, about what I can do now.

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
My wife is Singapore pr and trying to get COC, I received ITA but her name was not there in the ITA, and she appealed to SPF using the Request for Police Certificate template from IRCC.
The appeal was raised on May 5, 2023. We haven't received the approval yet. status shows in progress and we mail the SPF yesterday, just received the automatic response.
Am clueless, about what I can do now.
While submitting PR application you attach a letter "I am living in a country where I need request letter from IRCC for getting PCC"- please refer to exact wording in IRCC website. After you submit your application with above mentioned letter, IRCC will issue a personalised letter which will contain all adults name ( >18 years of age) for getting PCC(COC). You have to use that letter to submit your request to Singapore Police.

Explore more using the below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Latest update on Singapore COC Processing Time : May 2023.

Appeal by non-Singaporean Citizens to apply for COC : 5-10 working days ( although website is mentioning 5 days turn around time ). Once you get this approved, then only you(non-Singaporean Citizens) can proceed to apply for COC. So please plan your activities accordingly and expect delays.

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Personally, I strongly recommend against getting the Singaporean COC before IRCC requests for it. There have been cases reported on the forum that people having done that received a request letter for an « updated original COC » even though they submitted one obtained with the ITA letter (as opposed to the official request letter). In fact, it happened to me too. After eAPR, I went ahead and got a COC with the ITA letter, and submitted it through the web form. When my file was opened and received medical pass, I got an ADR for an « updated original COC ». This happened when the COC I submitted was less than a month old! So I then had to go through the entire process again to get another COC from SPF. Unbelievably ridiculous.
Hi dear

So, you applied the Singapore COC again based on the request letter and submitted your PR application? After how many days of initial submission of application, you got the ADR to submitt the Singapore COC based on the IRCC request letter?

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Personally, I strongly recommend against getting the Singaporean COC before IRCC requests for it. There have been cases reported on the forum that people having done that received a request letter for an « updated original COC » even though they submitted one obtained with the ITA letter (as opposed to the official request letter). In fact, it happened to me too. After eAPR, I went ahead and got a COC with the ITA letter, and submitted it through the web form. When my file was opened and received medical pass, I got an ADR for an « updated original COC ». This happened when the COC I submitted was less than a month old! So I then had to go through the entire process again to get another COC from SPF. Unbelievably ridiculous.
Hi, I really hope you still check the site and able to provide your insights! Thank you in advanced. I am really stressed out.
Thank you for your post! I am wondering if the original COC and the new COC you submitted are exactly the same? just the issue date is different?
The reason I asked: I used my ITA to get appeal and pay the COC application fee, but I haven't submit my fingerprint yet, so I submitted my eAPR EE application ask if IRCC can provide COC request letter. I am wondering when they provide me the request letter, shall I appeal it to the COC again? Will the ITA or IRCC request letter generate any difference for the COC?

Thank you so much for your help!

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Hi, I really hope you still check the site and able to provide your insights! Thank you in advanced. I am really stressed out.
Thank you for your post! I am wondering if the original COC and the new COC you submitted are exactly the same? just the issue date is different?
The reason I asked: I used my ITA to get appeal and pay the COC application fee, but I haven't submit my fingerprint yet, so I submitted my eAPR EE application ask if IRCC can provide COC request letter. I am wondering when they provide me the request letter, shall I appeal it to the COC again? Will the ITA or IRCC request letter generate any difference for the COC?

Thank you so much for your help!
Just the issue date was different.

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
I have taken my fingerprint impressions at Worldwide Forensic Services Inc. (https://www.fingerscan.ca/) today and they did the digital scan and print in a form (Live-Scan and printed on a standard fingerprint sheet ). They did a signature and stamp also. But this is not an ink fingerprint. They said that this will be accepted by SPF for COC. Did you do the same? or Is your fingerprint taken using an ink?
Hi dear

I also have to give the fingerproints to get the Singapore COC. So, your got accepted for Live Scan one?

Yuki_Bowen

Jan 21, 2024
Just the issue date was different.
Thank you for your info!
I didn't submit COC during my application and asked IRCC to give me the request letter, but received an updated original COC request, instead of the official request letter.
I am wondering as long as my COC issue date is after their request date, is that good enough? Thank you so much! I don't understand why IRCC didn't provide me the request letter, but the updated COC letter as I didn't submit my COC yet