+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore PCC - Requesting letter from CIC required

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Hi Friends,
I have receiver ITA on 25Th Jan.
My wife requires a PCC from Singapore as she stayed there for few years.
While applying for PCC form Singapore Police , They are asking for any document from CIC requesting for Singapore PCC.
We don't have any such process nor do we have any checklist issued by CIC.
Does any one has experience with Singapore PCC , who can guide us !!!

Seniors can you please guide!!!!!

streetsmartgirl

Nov 23, 2015
We applied last time and we only showed the ITA letter from CIC. We went to the police station in Cantonment Rd and we just waited to collect the police clearance on the same day.

But first, you have to lodge an appeal online that you need the a police clearance cert. after they reviewed your case, they will let you choose appointment date to go to the police.

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
HI ,
We are currently in India.
SPF has recently launched an online system, we will be applying through that only.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
One more quick question.
The ITA is in my name as I am the primary applicant and I want Singapore PCC for my wife.
Will this make any difference?

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Rkhurana,

I am also interested to know the complete process. I have a very similar case as yours. Secondary applicant was in Singapore for 10 months. How to obtain the PCC through online mechanism? How much time does it take to get the appeal approved and there after.

I opened a thread few days back on the same, but didnt receive any inputs from any forum members.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t469829.0.html

Thank you,
Pawshi

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
You do not need to upload Singapore PCC when you submit documents. Instead upload a document with below text in the placeholder for Singapore PCC

“I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

Once IRCC review your application and if it is otherwise complete, they will send you more information on how to get a police certificate, they will give you 60 days to upload the police certificate.

You can apply for the Singapore police certificate online. However if you are not a Singapore citizen, you need to first appeal for the PCC and once the appeal is successful, you need to apply for the PCC.

All can be done online..!

This is the link. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

How I do all this? I am a Singaporean working in Canada and my wife lived there too (Not a Singaporean though). I went through the process. I got my PPR today....!

Reactions: sumcando

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

So in my case, I am in India from last 16 years and I was in Singapore from Octo 2000 to July 2001. So, I will get the Indian PCC for self and my wife.

I will also upload a document/LOE with below text in the placeholder for Singapore PCC about my case. Will say that the PCC from singapore can only be obtained after a request letter from IRCC is provided for the same.

Hope this will work and help the SPF to issue a COC after approving the appeal.

Thank you,
Pawshi

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Pawshi said:
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

So in my case, I am in India from last 16 years and I was in Singapore from Octo 2000 to July 2001. So, I will get the Indian PCC for self and my wife.

I will also upload a document/LOE with below text in the placeholder for Singapore PCC about my case. Will say that the PCC from singapore can only be obtained after a request letter from IRCC is provided for the same.

Hope this will work and help the SPF to issue a COC after approving the appeal.

Thank you,
Pawshi
This will work, don't worry. I got my Singapore PCC and Luxembourg PCC this way as both countries needed the IRCC request letter.

I submitted my documents on 30th Sep and on Nov 7th I get the request letter for both Singapore and Luxembourg PCCs

Just a caution, Singapore police send you the PCC back to your home address in India in registered post and once you get an email from them that your PCC is done, you can email them and ask for the tracking number. They will send u that. You can also mention an nominee who lives in Singapore to collect the PCC on behalf of u. The PCC they posted me to my Canada address is not received eve now. So at the last minute, I had to ask for a friend in Singapore to go and collect a duplicate PCC and scan and email it to me, So please keep a track

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Thank you and +1 for you!

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Hello guys,
A bit confused here. I guess I should have read the cic website. I just lodged an appeal for the COC from SPF but as you say we do not need to get the COC yet? The earlier comments said you just need to lodge an appeal which I did. I will wait to see if SPF replies to my mail as I used the form pasted on this forum.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
But SPF needs a letter. What did you use in the appeal?

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Pawshi said:
But SPF needs a letter. What did you use in the appeal?
I used this form which was pasted here earlier http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf
I don't know if they will honour it, I just filled the form and scanned it

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
what did you write in the field "current address in canada"

Also in the "ADDRESS(ES) WHILE RESIDENT IN" field, what have you written? I have details of my office address in my employment pass and disembarkation card.

Did you provide your home address or office address?

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
I would suggest you follow the guidelines on the cic website. I saw the information a while back so never bothered applying for a police report until for some reason I got myself confused when one of the earlier comments said "SPF has recently launched an online system" so I thought it was a new development. The info on the cic website still says they will send you a letter requesting for it so maybe wait for the letter. I will just wait to hear from the SPF as I did this yesterday

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Guys,

Please don't confuse here.

As I mentioned, submit your documents with a LOE containing the the text I mentioned earlier. Then IRCC will send you a request letter for Singapore PCC into your MyCIC Account

Then go to Singapore Police Force (SPF) website and under police clearance, there is a link to apply for the Appeal. Attach all other documents plus your request letter from IRCC. Normally it takes about 5-10 days to get the appeal approved and you will be notified by email. Once that is approved, go to the link to Apply for PCC and it will ask for your Appeal ref no and all your information will be automatically filled in from your appeal form including all the docs you uploaded.

Since you are not a Singaporean citizen, you need your FIN number